20 - Dani Olmo

akaranzo

What a dumb statement. Did you ever watch this kid except on you tube? if he is hyped than we can say the same about Nico.
I can't even watch him because he's injured half the time. He missed 29 games last season ffs. That's even more than Pedri. And again we don't need him, we have plenty of players with his profile already. We should be giving Fermin more playtime rather than getting new midfielders. Either we get a proper LW/DM or maybe even a striker with Lewandowski slowing down rapidly, or we shouldn't sign anyone at all. Olmo for more than 60mil is a fucking Bartomeu-esque signing. Utterly stupid.

Raketa10

tbf, when did barcaforum ever rate olmo? Thought he was considered meme in same vein as morata. It’s only since euro people want him.

barcaforum rated Dembele and Coutinho and hated Rakitic so I don't think barcaforum opinion matters. :D

Raketa10

I can't even watch him because he's injured half the time. He missed 29 games last season ffs. That's even more than Pedri. And again we don't need him, we have plenty of players with his profile already. We should be giving Fermin more playtime rather than getting new midfielders. Either we get a proper LW/DM or maybe even a striker with Lewandowski slowing down rapidly, or we shouldn't sign anyone at all. Olmo for more than 60mil is a fucking Bartomeu-esque signing. Utterly stupid.

60 mil today is like 30 mil in Barto's time So it's not even similar. Gundogan is old and he won't even be here after the next season. Pedri is injured 24/7 and he hasn't developed nowhere near like we hopped for. Furtherome, Pedri is not a proper AM. AM knows how to score goals snd make final passes. I would definitely say that Pedri is more CM than AM.

I agree that we need LW and DM. However, Nico can't decide if he want's to sign for us or play that "magnificent" competition called Europa league. :lol: Furthermore, there is't any DM on the market right now that would significantly improve our squad. If we can somehow sign both Olmo and Nico that would be a masterclass transfer window.

Regarding DM position, it looks like we'll need to find a solution from La Masia. I sincerely hope Bernal can be that guy for us.

Last edited:

Loki

Those are far better stats than Pedri's.
Pedri is injury prone too and I'm not saying these are bad stats, but the question was to be hyped and that's not something to be hyped about in my opinion, especially from a injury prone player and I think we have enough of those.
Of course he's a great footballer, but it's a risk I don't see necessary to take because we have more than enough OM players and Fermin getting better and better.

akaranzo

60 mil today is like 30 mil in Barto's time So it's not even similar. Gundogan is old and he won't even be here after the next season. Pedri is injured 24/7 and he hasn't developed nowhere near like we hopped for. Furtherome, Pedri is not a proper AM. AM knows how to score goals snd make final passes. I would definitely say that Pedri is more CM than AM.

I agree that we need LW and DM. However, Nico can't decide if he want's to sign for us or play that "magnificent" competition called Europa league. :lol: Furthermore, there is't any DM on the market right now that would significantly improve our squad. If we can somehow sign both Olmo and Nico that would be a masterclass transfer window.

Regarding DM position, it looks like we'll need to find a solution from La Masia. I sincerely hope Bernal can be that guy for us.
It's still a LOT of money considering our continuously disastrous financial situation. If Pedri is injured 24/7 then Olmo is even worse, so why do we want him again? We can't afford Nico because we have to pay the full fee in one go and can't guarantee him immediate registration. And yes, Bernal is hopefully gonna have more of a first team role soon.

With all this, don't you see what a pointless waste of money signing Olmo would be? At this point I'd rather we don't sign anyone and save up our finances for next summer, could get Nico then and who knows who else will be available. Olmo would be a panic PR signing who would spend 50% of the time injured or out of position.

Raketa10

It's still a LOT of money considering our continuously disastrous financial situation. If Pedri is injured 24/7 then Olmo is even worse, so why do we want him again? We can't afford Nico because we have to pay the full fee in one go and can't guarantee him immediate registration. And yes, Bernal is hopefully gonna have more of a first team role soon.

With all this, don't you see what a pointless waste of money signing Olmo would be? At this point I'd rather we don't sign anyone and save up our finances for next summer, could get Nico then and who knows who else will be available. Olmo would be a panic PR signing who would spend 50% of the time injured or out of position.

Next summer? :lol: Next summer Nico would be 100 mil, Olmo would probably be in City and we would still be broke since we won't win shit with this squad. I agree that Nico should be our top priority. However, Olmo would definitely be a good addition to this squad.

it's unbelievable that people are now worried about our finances while majority of forum members were happy when when we signed an average winger Raphinha for 58 mil. Furthermore, we burned money for 34y old Lewa and gave a big sallary to 33y old Gundo. Additionally, buying Roque for 40 mil and Ferran for 55 mil was an armed robbery. With all that said signing 26y old Olmo for 60 mil is a waste of money for some of you? Seriously???

Last edited:

Sorin

Next summer? :lol: Next summer Nico would be 100 mil, Olmo would probably be in City and we would still be broke since we won't win shit with this squad. I agree that Nico should be our top priority. However, Olmo would definitely be a good addition to this squad.

it's unbelievable that people are now worried about our finances while majority of forum members were happy when when we signed an average winger Raphinha for 58 mil. Furthermore, we burned money for 34y old Lewa and gave a big sallary to 33y old Gundo. Additionally, buying Roque for 40 mil and Ferran for 55 mil was an armed robbery. With all that said signing 26y old Olmo for 60 mil is a waste of money for some of you? Seriously???
What the hell are you talking about?

Aside from Gundogan and maybe Raphinha, the general consensus around here was that the signing of every other player you mentioned was a mistake. And even Raphinha’s singing had its fair share of posters who were against it. I remember people praying Leeds gets relegated so we only have to pay around 25 m euros, anything above being argued as an overpay.

It’s not even that Olmo is a bad player, he is good obviously, but he doesn’t move the needle whatsoever, not this season, not in the immediate future, so why even spend the little money we have on such a player? It doesn’t make sense with our current financial situation, period.

It’s simply insane that a club with a serious need of CDM or LW, even striker, and with such limited margin of error, goes ahead and buys another “jack of all trades master of none” kind of player, in a position where 2 or 3 players can do a similar job.

malvolio

I hope we sign him next week. This kid is class!
If Olmo is a kid at 26, then Yamal is an embrio.

"Class" yet no big club ever wanted him. Even now there is no interest from other big clubs, at 55-60 mil euros, a sum many can afford.

Seems everyone has forgotten how they were praying we don't get him in the past as he's not good enough.

jamrock

KDB left Germany at Wolfsburg at around 25.

Salah was still getting loan out to Roma at around the same age.

24-26 is the time most players make the step up to the big clubs, not to mention the club has been linked with him two seasons now. So nothing to do with the Euros.

Doesn't mean he'll be WC, but the age logic is waaaaay off.

Masetro10

Musiala is class and improves any team.

Seen it with national team and in Europe. No team will have any worry about him

Real are very strong at moment in identifying players 1 or 2 years out from end of contract and starting to negotiate with them.

Barca never ever think that far ahead for these players. The nature of the way boards work it is more about instant players and success to get benefit of in own time.

Real by all accounts believe Trent AA and Davies will join them for free next season.. that is 150/200m worth of players and long term planning if can pull it off.
We should hope TAA and Davies go to Real. Will make them extremely weak defenively

Masetro10

People here are brain dead and do the same exact thing Barto era Barca did which is not think ahead.

If you can get a very good player for 60m you get that player. Whether it is Nico or Olmo. Who else can we get? Probably nobody good enough.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
He will be another Coutinho or Griezman for us, I tell you.
Either he will push Pedri and Lopez out of the club and perform similarly to them, or he will be not be used optimally and will affect our play on the pitch and thus will be looked on as a bum.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He will be another Coutinho or Griezman for us, I tell you.
Either he will push Pedri and Lopez out of the club and perform similarly to them, or he will be not be used optimally and will affect our play on the pitch and thus will be looked on as a bum.

Coutinho, Griezman, Dembele were top players in their leagues. Noone knew they would end up such disasters.

Home of Barca Fans