20 - Dani Olmo

Masetro10

Olmo would be a flop like Coutinho doesn't track. He plays with half the Barca team with Spain and also knows the Barca way. He might be a Cesc Fabregas type flop but guess what Cesc was pretty damn great at Barca he just wasn't Xavi/Iniesta

Andresito

Staff member
1. (And for the last time) We shouldn't buy players based off international tournaments.
2. The 'tactical flexibility' is a landmine we've stepped on before. Tactically flexible players should be backups, if you pay 60m for a player you should know exactly where to fit him in.
3. His injury issues. We need more reliable players, especially in midfield where Pedri, Gavi and Frenkie have (had) issues.

It's a big fat no from me. I don't see how he will add 60m of value to our squad. It will be another one of those wasted money signings.

Loki

Coutinho, Griezman, Dembele were top players in their leagues. Noone knew they would end up such disasters.
Dembele was only a disaster for his injuries, no one could have seen that coming. But there were enough concerned voices about Griezmann and Couthinho. Both players had their best performances in other systems on positions not existing in Barca's usual 433. It was madness to pay 100-150m for each of them without being sure how would they perform in another system.
Also Coutinho only had one top season.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Coutinho, Griezman, Dembele were top players in their leagues. Noone knew they would end up such disasters.
Nah, man. I was here when we bought Coutinho and Griezman. A lot of people were skeptical. And the ones who were ok with it were because of these players were flexible who could adjust and them being world-class, but not because of they solved our issues in the team.
Dembele I can give you that. He would have been a perfect player for us if he just stayed fit and developed himself.

JamDav1982

Not sure where this idea of Malvolios is that 'no big team has wanted Olmo' or Barca want him after the Euros.

Barca were linked to Olmo long before the Euros and 'ITK' types were giving his name as one with personal terms already agreed.

The press have said.. Man City, Bayern, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd have all been interested or made offers.

I know that will be brushed off as just press rumours etc.. but if not those reports how else are we getting news of those who rate him and would sign?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
1. (And for the last time) We shouldn't buy players based off international tournaments.
2. The 'tactical flexibility' is a landmine we've stepped on before. Tactically flexible players should be backups, if you pay 60m for a player you should know exactly where to fit him in.
3. His injury issues. We need more reliable players, especially in midfield where Pedri, Gavi and Frenkie have (had) issues.

It's a big fat no from me. I don't see how he will add 60m of value to our squad. It will be another one of those wasted money signings.

He's a very good player in a specific role, however knowing our club we'll end up playing him elsewhere and look like half the player.
Missed 68 games last three seasons with injuries. With our luck both Olmo and Pedri probably ends up injured at the same time when we need them.

This is going to happen though as one of Deco/Laporta are going crazy for him and will sign him no matter what. Been linked seriously to him for half a year now.

jamrock

So its no longer Xavi that's obsessed with him and deco pushing against it.

It's laporta/ deco 😂 😂 😂.

Come on guys, we've been linked with him for 2 solid years now, maybe just maybe the scouting department likes him

I'm not even say we should sign him, but the way people here constantly make it out as if the club is run by a much of idiots, is just always funny to me.

Devils

Genuinely excited for this transfer.

He's just a baller. Very intelligent attacker. Will be a breath of fresh air from the donkeys we have in attack currently like Dowski and Ferran.

MontenegrinCuler

If Olmo is a kid at 26, then Yamal is an embrio.

"Class" yet no big club ever wanted him. Even now there is no interest from other big clubs, at 55-60 mil euros, a sum many can afford.

Seems everyone has forgotten how they were praying we don't get him in the past as he's not good enough.
I believe he is good enough, and that such a thing is undeniable. At least when he is not injured. That we don't really need him is true, but that's a different story. It is true that you can't judge a player based on one tournament, but his performances both on the Euros and when he plays for Leipzig have shown he is a highly intelligent player, with fair technique and can make a large impact on the pitch. Whether he's really worth 60m is also up for a debate, but transfer market has gone mad a long time ago so it comes with no surprise for me. If we are really able to sign both Nico and this guy, I won't mind. Wouldn't be ideal, as we also need a DM to relieve pressure from Casado and Bernal before we fit them into the 1st team but it is what it is.

However if just Olmo is signed that'd make this shit look like some panic transfer which it probably is, just not to end this summer with Pau Victor the only signing. Nico and Olmo together could also bring some kind of a new hype and energy, that we can do better. While just Olmo is like meh... Everybody knows this guy is not a game changer.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So its no longer Xavi that's obsessed with him and deco pushing against it.

It's laporta/ deco 😂 😂 😂.

Come on guys, we've been linked with him for 2 solid years now, maybe just maybe the scouting department likes him

I'm not even say we should sign him, but the way people here constantly make it out as if the club is run by a much of idiots, is just always funny to me.

If they fail to sign a LW or CDM this window they would have gone like 2-3 years failing to address the CDM position while arguably 7 years without addressing the LW position properly.

If not for Kounde turning out to be a beast in a position he was not intended for, and no matter what people say he was signed as a CB, we would have gone multiple years failing to acquire a medium to long-term starter at RB too.

Am I supposed to act like it's a well run club?

Not many clubs who would sign an old striker for 50m + massive wages + a fat cheque to his agent either and get only 4-6 elite months out of him.

jamrock

If they fail to sign a LW or CDM this window they would have gone like 2-3 years failing to address the CDM position while arguably 7 years without addressing the LW position properly.

If not for Kounde turning out to be a beast in a position he was not intended for, and no matter what people say he was signed as a CB, we would have gone multiple years failing to acquire a medium to long-term starter at RB too.

Am I supposed to act like it's a well run club?

Not many clubs who would sign an old striker for 50m + massive wages + a fat cheque to his agent either and get only 4-6 elite months out of him.

So the sole criteria on whether the club is well ran is signing two players? No other decision has or has not been taken to indicate whether the club is well ran?, that the people in charge have an idea what they are doing?.

Who ever said Kounde was signed as a RB,he was signed as a CB and rightfully so, when we were about to enter the season with Araujo as our only starting caliber CB.

Christensen was signed as an injury prone back up, and everything since is great first season, points to him eventually being just that.

Regardless of whatever fact, the Fact remains Kounde is a more than serviceable RB and we were right to sign him at CB over ANY RB.

That summer they signed players, in spots we were also weak in and needed reinforcements, they weren't going to sign 6 players in one summer.

Some times you have to prioritize, Kounde and Christensen were great signings, raphinha was a good market opportunity, signed the serie A player of the year I think he was and then sold him for a little profit they also signed lewa, all of whom played a big part in us winning the first league title in years.

We had no money last summer, still brought in players, that could fill those holes at RB and LW.

This summer, we have a bit one money to spend and have identified and targeted a LW.

I would say all of that and bunch of other things I could list that are systemically important to the club, *cough cutting wage bill by 200m, *cough saving the club from bankruptcy* *cough building a new stadium*

would again indicate they know more about running a club than some on here give them credit for.

But it's Xavi is obsessed with Olmo, deco clear doesn't want him, he wants X player, now it's laporta/deco that's obsessed 😂.

I've already said multiple times I disagree with the signing, but that's all we have to do, constantly points fingers at anyone left in the room makes no sense.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Great post

FinBarcelonafan

If Olmo is a kid at 26, then Yamal is an embrio.

"Class" yet no big club ever wanted him. Even now there is no interest from other big clubs, at 55-60 mil euros, a sum many can afford.

Seems everyone has forgotten how they were praying we don't get him in the past as he's not good enough.
Not true. He's wanted only Barca. Many teams were interested.

Home of Barca Fans