20 - Dani Olmo

Loki

Ansu is on almost 14m lol.
Somehow I really doubt that. I expect the club would have put much more pressure on Fati to leave the club if he would earn that much like they did with Frenkie. 14m wage is not something you feeling good to try out this season. Such a wage has to be a player that makes a difference on the pitch.

nvm: You're talking gross ofc, net it would be 7m, around 1m more than the likes of Pedri/Gavi/Araujo. Could be

Last edited:

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Humour me this guys. I am just trying to make sense of this signing.
Watched a few videos on him, highlights, season highlights, and the usual stuff.
I have a hunch that this signing is some sort of a Muller-esq profile. The guy is more of a second striker than a true CAM.
Is it possible for us playing both Olmo with Gundo/Pedri/Fermin? on the team without Lewa as a striker?
So Olmo is a false 9 when he's playing for us.
His signing might be more of a Lewa replacement than for Gundo/Pedri/Fermin. This gives us the flexibility of having a lineup with an out-and-out striker with Pau Victor as a sub for him, then just subbing out Lewa and bringing in Olmo/Pedri/Raphinha depending on that moment changes the whole dynamic of the squad.
Feels like something similar to what Morrata's role was for Spain, which opened up a lot of opportunities for the CAM and the wings.

Am I hallucinating?

vegitot

You can read this good analysis.

What Luis de la Fuente wanted was a presence between the lines who can encourage those splits in the defensive shape, and who repeatedly asks the question of whether he’s the responsibility of a defender or a midfielder for the opposition. The available space there is rarely abundant, and only the sharpest need enter the arena. Inhabiting the space between those two lines, Olmo’s positioning invites the possibility of being dispossessed from every angle.

Fortunately for Spain, Olmo is as sharp as they come. While being second only to Mbappé for the proportion of his touches made under pressure, the only player who was directly involved in generating more shots from open play per 90 minutes in Germany was teammate Lamine Yamal.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Yes, Flick will never bench Lewa. Long term it could be possbile to see Dani as false 9 but not for the next 2 seasons. By then we'll probably try to loan him somewhere with us paying the wages.
If he is bought for that role, maybe this will create a competition for Lewa. As of now the guy is our out-and-out starter in that position and no one competes with him, even though he is nowhere close to the level required for us to give us the edge in important games.
Maybe having Olmo will give him the needed kick on his rearend.

I think he is far better as a scorer than a playmaker if you compare him to Cesc. Pedri comes close to the ability of Cesc.

TheStig

If he is bought for that role, maybe this will create a competition for Lewa. As of now the guy is our out-and-out starter in that position and no one competes with him, even though he is nowhere close to the level required for us to give us the edge in important games.
Maybe having Olmo will give him the needed kick on his rearend.

I think he is far better as a scorer than a playmaker if you compare him to Cesc. Pedri comes close to the ability of Cesc.

Lewa doesn't need a kick on his rearend because that won't help, he's finished not unmotivated.

Pedri and Olmo for now don't come close to Cesc's ability and I don't think they can have a better career than him. People forget what a player Cesc was, probably because his peak wasn't at Barca but he still did well, just came at the wrong time when there was no real position for him. If he was in his prime and came to Barca in the last 5 years he would be by far the best player in the team.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Well, that wasn't unexpected - but why? LW? Sigh... Doesn't make sense, not a player we really needed - we need an LW, DM and soon a center forward / striker... and we go a buy an attacking'ish midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans