20 - Dani Olmo

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ahh shit. Roberto not joining us anymore then.
The club has been hanging him dry. Fucking hate this board for that.

Wait what. His contract ended and the club told him to look for other offers as he's not a priority. How is this hanging him out to dry.

Porque

Ahh shit. Roberto not joining us anymore then.
The club has been hanging him dry. Fucking hate this board for that.

Don't be so sure. He is training at the sports complex today. Hoping to conveniently cross paths with Laporta in the buffet queue at 15:48 now that the Libero deal is sorted and say hi.

jamrock

I still haven't heard the usual suspects who understand more about the club finances and talked shit about laporta/the club ability to make any signings this summer, be a man I say,

I WAS WRONG.

DonAK

6 years is fine if it's an actual good player. Real Madrid usually sign players to 6-year contracts too.

DonAK

At 26?

But not a big deal

I don't think it's a big deal tbh. Gives the club a lot of leverage.
If he's as good as they hope they don't have to renegotiate for another four years as you said and when he's 30/31 and has a year or two left they can keep waiting and offer 1-year deals as they should at that point.

Or sell him lol.

JamDav1982

I still haven't heard the usual suspects who understand more about the club finances and talked shit about laporta/the club ability to make any signings this summer, be a man I say,

I WAS WRONG.

Haha like you claiming Laport got rid of Suarez... or that 'Barca had to pull levers or sell players to pay down loans'.

Go on say it... I WAS WRONG and had no clue what was being discussed.

Last edited:

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Wait what. His contract ended and the club told him to look for other offers as he's not a priority. How is this hanging him out to dry.
I read on Twitter and stuff, that board said said since they don't have the money hence he should be looking for offers. There was no guarantee given, the guy waited till Aug to see if our finances gets sorted or not.
I am not saying we should have kept him, but I do not like how we treat some of our important players (won't say Legends but the guy did play for us for a long time and played a very crucial role too).
It just doesn't sit straight with me.

Here is a quote from Andresito's post in Sergi's thread. July 2nd
Barcelona have assured Roberto that he will be able to be registered when FFP is fixed. The midfielder has decided to wait. @Jordigil
It would have been fine if he left, but we didn't even do any kinda celebration or anything even on Social media.

You tell me. You dedicated at least two decades of your career to a team. You were part of one the most memorable moments of the team that decade. You played everywhere wherever they needed you. Ya maybe you weren't the best, but you did what you could. You were the captain.
And that team couldn't even post a send-off for you. And gave your Jersey number to a new player without even doing that.
Is that how a team should treat their captain and one of their Legend/Not-so-Legend?

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I don't think it's a big deal tbh. Gives the club a lot of leverage.
If he's as good as they hope they don't have to renegotiate for another four years as you said and when he's 30/31 and has a year or two left they can keep waiting and offer 1-year deals as they should at that point.

Or sell him lol.
Isn't it like 25m ish per year, when using amortization + salary?
Think it's ok. Its good enough for a player of his caliber.

Porque

Pretty sure that Xavi was Roberto's biggest advocate. Once his tenure ended then any chance of staying was going to drop.

Can probably do a job in the double pivot to be fair though judging by Paris away. But if Flick prefers that spot going to Casado then fair fucks.

Messi983

2030 is a bit too long for me, but the upside is, we won't have to renegotiate his currently salary, for another 4 years, by which time, he'll probably be on his way out the club.

It's for FFP purposes, lower yearly amortization costs. Not much but every million counts in our situation.

Home of Barca Fans