20 - Dani Olmo

JamDav1982

It's for FFP purposes, lower yearly amortization costs. Not much but every million counts in our situation.

Is La Liga not a limit of 5 year amortisation now in line with UEFA?

What 6 years does do though I believe is after the first season then act as if signed a new 5 year contract in terms of costs.

Not massive savings though.

TheStig

Didn't like Roberto and wanted him out of the club for years but it's really shameful how they treated him in the end, absolutley no goodbye or anything, just some promises that they didn't fulfill. I'm glad he's out of the club but he deserved more after the whole life at the club. Well, not the first time Laporta was horrible to our legends (Roberto's not really a legend but you get my point), Barto was a lot more classy at that. At least one positive for that piece of shit.

JamDav1982

It is still rumoured Roberto may yet come back if Flick not sure of the midfield options and still have space.

That would tie in with no goodbye also.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
It is still rumoured Roberto may yet come back if Flick not sure of the midfield options and still have space.

That would tie in with no goodbye also.
They gave his jersey to Olmo.
Why do we treat our players like this?
Why should he even come now? This is humiliating.

JamDav1982

They gave his jersey to Olmo.
Why do we treat our players like this?
Why should he even come now? This is humiliating.

I dont think it is all that bad or Roberto will feel offended though..

As it stands he has left but according to reports small chance may come back.

Porque

Bob is low priority for the club right now. Makes sense to leave any potential deal as late as possible and let the market set his wage rate.

No doubt no one will offer him what he was on at Barca, and if we renewed him it would be way more inflated than what Ajax, West Ham or whoever else interested will propose.

mc_lovin

Is 47m+13m confirmed? Very good deal if true. If our finances returned to somewhat normal (which it looks like), you can't really complain even if you disagree with need.

Andresito

Staff member
It's for FFP purposes, lower yearly amortization costs. Not much but every million counts in our situation.
There was some rule change to only count 5 years for FFP no matter the contract duration, as a counter to Chelsea's strategy of handing out 9 year contracts. Don't remember if it was PL or UEFA? Maybe Liga doesn't have that rule.

JamDav1982

There was some rule change to only count 5 years for FFP no matter the contract duration, as a counter to Chelsea's strategy of handing out 9 year contracts. Don't remember if it was PL or UEFA? Maybe Liga doesn't have that rule.

Already been stated and it was UEFA.

Home of Barca Fans