20 - Dani Olmo

ajnotkeith

Is 47m+13m confirmed? Very good deal if true. If our finances returned to somewhat normal (which it looks like), you can't really complain even if you disagree with need.
It's surely not the worst. And it's nice to see us come back to making big signings without needing to sell assets.

I feel like once the old guys leave, especially Lewa (hopefully next season although looks doubtful) we will be back to normal spending powers.

Masetro10

When Nico shows up like they are saying all of a sudden Barca is legit future proofed in every position except ST and GK.

Look at the ages of these guys below. At least 6 yrs of growth and chemistry.

Defense has Balde/Araujo/Cubarsi/Kounde
Def Mid has Gavi/Frenkie
Attack has Yamal/(Nico)/Fermin/Pedri/Olmo

What if Pau Victor comes good at ST? What if Bernal and Casado become a good Def Mid duo?

We wouldn't need to really buy anyone and develop this team. If a striker is needed who wouldn't want Yamal and Nico supplying the balls? Every striker available would want on this team. Att Mid is deep enough to survive multiple injuries with limited/no drop in quality.

*Left out Raphinha because imagine he could leave if Nico comes in. Same with Ansu. Left off other academy prospects as well.

**Frenkie could also leave in the next year or so.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
When Nico shows up like they are saying all of a sudden Barca is legit future proofed in every position except ST and GK.

Look at the ages of these guys below. At least 6 yrs of growth and chemistry.

Defense has Balde/Araujo/Cubarsi/Kounde
Def Mid has Gavi/Frenkie
Attack has Yamal/(Nico)/Fermin/Pedri/Olmo

What if Pau Victor comes good at ST? What if Bernal and Casado become a good Def Mid duo?

We wouldn't need to really buy anyone and develop this team. If a striker is needed who wouldn't want Yamal and Nico supplying the balls? Every striker available would want on this team. Att Mid is deep enough to survive multiple injuries with limited/no drop in quality.

*Left out Raphinha because imagine he could leave if Nico comes in. Same with Ansu. Left off other academy prospects as well.

**Frenkie could also leave in the next year or so.
We are lacking in CDM.
Bernal is 17 so I don't think he will be a starter anytime soon. If he is really good and shows promise then maybe 2-3 years.
Casado is 21 now, let's see how he does this year. He is good but lacks the physicality. I liked the Casado-Bernal pairing and think its the future of our team. But that realistically would be happening in 3 years' time.
We need a CDM as a stop-gap at least.

B4L

I see a lot of Olmosexuals here.

Great player with Spain selection, but im afraid he will be a total failure with us. We will see.

Masetro10

We are lacking in CDM.
Bernal is 17 so I don't think he will be a starter anytime soon. If he is really good and shows promise then maybe 2-3 years.
Casado is 21 now, let's see how he does this year. He is good but lacks the physicality. I liked the Casado-Bernal pairing and think its the future of our team. But that realistically would be happening in 3 years' time.
We need a CDM as a stop-gap at least.
I can agree a CDM wouldn't hurt. But there are so few that I don't see any worth going for. Zubimendi obviously must hate Barca which I get seeing as Real Sociedad and Bilbao probably see a Basque vs Catalan type rivalry and it's ingrained in him. It's whatever

But I think no matter what it will be Frenkie +Gavi/Casado all year this season. That seems decent enough to me. Imagine if Rodri ever tried to get out of Man City that would be the ultimate dream but who else is there really?

Long term yes Bernal but hopefully he isn't needed so much this year.

Home of Barca Fans