2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Unbiased United

All I know is English fans always complain about how bad the pitch condition is, I think they run a lot of events in the stadiums or something...

With the amount of money they have pumped into Wembley, I'd be very surprised if it was anything other tham perfect for an event such as this.....don't quote me on that though! ;)

Pepe Silvia

Barca 2010/2011 - 63 games played, 158 goals scored, 43 goals allowed
Man U 2010/2011 - 56 games played, 106 goals scored, 48 goals allowed

W

woobie

I hear the English fans complain about the pitch condition at Old Trafford cos they don't like the prawn sandwiches much. :D

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Another think that makes me think the final is 50/50 it is both teams will have their best squad available.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Benquerenca or Rizzoli, would be my guess...Only twice in the last ten years has the Final referee not been a Quarter-final referee (Michel in ’08 and Nielsen in ’04)

Benquerenca would be a big disadvantage for Barca...Not just for the way Mou's pal reffed the Inter semi last season but because he's known for allowing play to get too physical in European matches - that would favor ManYoo...Probably could say the same about Rizzoli who should've sent Song off in the QF tie with Arsenal plus disallowed a legit goal...Barca will not be getting any complaints that refs give them an advantage in this final

Pepe Silvia

It is interesting to me that no other team in the world requires so much tactical planning to face up against as us. And the tactical planning usually involves not playing any football at all.

PaulFCB

Banned
7 games more? I thought that with Mickey Mouse Cup and FA Cup they'd have more.

They were knocked out by West Ham United early in the Carling and in England they play only one Round and had no rematches in the FA, we play 2 in the Cup even with Ceuta.

So they had 1 in the C.S., 35 in PL, 5 in the F.A. and 3 in Carling = 44 + 12 = 56
We played 2 in the Supercup, 34 in the League, 9 in the Cup = 45 + 12 = 57

So where is England killing all those players with 2 games/week all season? :p

Last edited:

Unbiased United

They were knocked out by West Ham United early in the Carling and in England they play only one Round and had no rematches in the FA, we play 2 in the Cup even with Ceuta.

So they had 1 in the C.S., 35 in PL, 5 in the F.A. and 3 in Carling = 44 + 12 = 56
We played 2 in the Supercup, 34 in the League, 9 in the Cup = 45 + 12 = 57

So where is England killing all those players with 2 games/week all season? :p

Thanks for the research. I think the managers just complain because there isn't a winter break in England, otherwise I suppose its quite a normal fixture list.

W

woobie

Hey, UK based folks. Is the CL final being played on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend?

Panna

It will be very though to beat them,they are a strong team.I am looking forward to it.
One minor; Ferguson said there will be an option he will contact Mourinho how to stop Messi.
I couldn't actually believe it,why such a great manager needs advice of such a loser.

Unbiased United

It will be very though to beat them,they are a strong team.I am looking forward to it.
One minor; Ferguson said there will be an option he will contact Mourinho how to stop Messi.
I couldn't actually believe it,why such a great manager needs advice of such a loser.

I don't think he was being too serious when he said it....afterall Mourinho didn't have the answer! Lol

Hey, UK based folks. Is the CL final being played on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend?

Yes! :)

X

xaviniesta

Benquerenca or Rizzoli, would be my guess...Only twice in the last ten years has the Final referee not been a Quarter-final referee (Michel in ’08 and Nielsen in ’04)

Benquerenca would be a big disadvantage for Barca...Not just for the way Mou's pal reffed the Inter semi last season but because he's known for allowing play to get too physical in European matches - that would favor ManYoo...Probably could say the same about Rizzoli who should've sent Song off in the QF tie with Arsenal plus disallowed a legit goal...Barca will not be getting any complaints that refs give them an advantage in this final

Rizzoli would be definately a better choice than Olegario.

Home of Barca Fans