2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

W

woobie

Bugger (as they would say in the UK). On the rarest of rare chances I get an affordable ticket, a decent hotel room is going to be all but impossible to find in central london. Hrm.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Hey, UK based folks. Is the CL final being played on the Saturday of a bank holiday weekend?

yuss it is :)

edit; oh everyones replyed :L

but yeh would be hard to find a place in london i guess, but hey.. its huge.. theres always hope O: would probably be harder to get a ticket ;)

Andrew M

The Wembley pitch gets frequently ridiculed here (UK) whenever England play on it. It does get a lot of concert use etc., but I feel the pitch is just generally shoddy regardless.

I doubt it would hinder Barca's passing too much, though.

Panna

It will be hard too get a affordable ticket.
There are tickets enough but only if you want to pay 2000euro plus.

W

woobie

Hah. Nah, I'm not that rich. I've made inquiries and we'll see how it goes. (though yeah, 99% not happening).

Should be one heck of a bank holiday. :D

Andrew M

I find it a disgrace on Uefa's part that each team only gets allotted around 24, 000 tickets each in a 90, 000 capacity stadium. That equates to 40, 000 corporates sitting there

Unbiased United

Bugger (as they would say in the UK).

Do we???... :D ...ok maybe some people do, lol!

Maybe you should try 'laterooms.com' (hope its ok to give link here, since its not to a rival site or anything?). Hotels of all standards usually a lot cheaper than going rate.

Panna

Each team will get 25000 tickets,about 25000 tickets were sold by the official UEFA site.So there will be a leftover of 11000 tickets.
I thought wembley has a capacity of 86000 seats.

Aero

Each team will get 25000 tickets,about 25000 tickets were sold by the official UEFA site.So there will be a leftover of 11000 tickets.
I thought wembley has a capacity of 86000 seats.

I guess they are going to leave a VERY large gap between the two team supporters in case one of them decides to kick some ass in the other person's team.

Andrew M

No, it has 90, 000 for football. So Uefa do sell tickets on their own, but at extortionate prices? A bit better I suppose

e28makaveli

I actually think Madrid was the strongest we will have faced this season. Not taking anything away from Man U but I think we got this. Either way this is going to be a great game of footy and im looking forward to it.

Madrid was a tougher opponent for sure.

Yep. I agree with you. It is just one single game. Like Copa del Rey final everything could happen. They are a strong team, very strong team. It will be a tough game for sure. 50/50
They were even stronger with CR7 and we managed to beat them 2-0. No arrogance here but I simply do not see ManU beating Barca.

Real Madrid were a more complete team so I am less worried about talent and more concerned about our squad remaining focused for the final. In my opinion, this cup is ours to lose. I hope that doesn't come across as arrogant or undermining to Manu (I watch them every weekend) but it must be said that we are superior to them in just about every position. Our biggest threat is ourselves (focus, injury, etc). Oh and volcanos. Volcanos can totally throw off our shit.
Agreed. I watch ManU also and yes, Barca is superior in every single department.

after watching united games for years i think van der sar is as impressive as casillas, it's hard to beat him from long shot but his weakness is low shot

We never do long shots anyway :)

Bergkamp10

Will be interesting to see what team Fergie picks. United are most dangerous with Hernandez and Rooney upfront who can both cause Barcelona problems but going with 2 in midfield vs Barcelona is asking for trouble.

Bugger (as they would say in the UK). On the rarest of rare chances I get an affordable ticket, a decent hotel room is going to be all but impossible to find in central london. Hrm.

Have you tried Premier inn?

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Madrid was a tougher opponent for sure.

They were even stronger with CR7 and we managed to beat them 2-0. No arrogance here but I simply do not see ManU beating Barca.

Agreed. I watch ManU also and yes, Barca is superior in every single department.

We never do long shots anyway :)
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End

You could stay at my place (1hr from London)

If you can do the babysitting I will halve the fee of the room :D Plus I expect a nice english breakfast from you to me. ;)

Home of Barca Fans