2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

C

Canto 2

Just came back on here to say conratulations on your victory it was well deserved, and no United fans can have any compliments about it. You are without a shadow of a doubt one of the best teams ever and easily the best team in the world. It's amazing considering how many players ye have brought through the acdamey that played in the side tonight indeed two of your goalscoerers can claim to that. I felt pleased forAbidal after all he's been through

I feel disapointed but all the same i'm delighted for the lads, they've gone beyond my expectations this season and I never dreamed we wold have won the league and got to a champions league final

Congrats again and enjoy your night.

the-don

We have defeated man u 3-1. Incredible it hurts me when i think that these men are getting older wish this team could stay like this forever. Hope we will continue like this and win more CL

Visca Barcaaaaaaaa

zanela

I'm already prepared for a heartache this sat. Based on my gut feeling and historical pattern, I only see a United win.

:lol:

On the other hand,

And based on my gut feeling that I had since the beginning of this season we will win the CL.
Don't believe me? il quote this post after the final, and you will all see.

:hooray:

An Occasion to remember!
The highlights were: Leo silencing his English critics, Abidal lifting the trophy and Xaviesta (like always) bossing the pitch. Everything else including Villa's brilliant curler was a bonus, personally.

Commiserations to Meta's Manchester United. :p

LeoGotSkillz

Time for me to make my first post. I have watched pretty much all the games during the past four years (I,m not much of a forum guy). I have never seen the team such strongly united and I hope this is just the beginning. It is great to see how these players are enjoying themselves. It results to such a beautiful game of football that can't really be topped. The "team factor" of these guys is beyond comprehension.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
What a game, what a day!!! Truly amazing in the stadium, our fans were brilliant, constant singing and noise. Obviously we were in the general sale section, so the crowd was mixed, albeit slightly more United fans. No trouble though, everyone just got on with it.

We played unbelievably well. First 5mins were shaky but after that we were superb. It was the type of performance we were producing every week in the first half of the season. A brilliant day for all cules!!

Povikas

Brandon
What a fantastic night.
I am over the moon for the next weeks.

and.. i predicted the scoreline 3-1 correctly in 2 pubs, 1 would've award me a beer-box and the other one 2 beers+chicken wings.

Thank you Barcelona for making my life complete.

Last edited:

jairzinho

What a fantastic night.

Thank you Barcelona for making my life complete.

Feel the same way.

Trophy-Barcelona-Champions-League-final-2_2602932.jpg

Last edited:
K

khato

What a night! What a match. I wanted Barca to win but I expected both managers to play a cat and mouse game. I expected a boring game with an odd goal to the winners.

Boy oh boy I DID not expect this. All country, without exceptions, (including die-hard Utd fans) accept that this was an exceptional match played by an exceptional team.The Beautiful Game had truly come home.

Only one down side. Chelsea (Roman A) have cast their evil covetous eyes on Pep

Last edited:

barcaboy15

I originally came on here to say this....

I have the upmost and thorough respect for this Barca team and they are worthy of their accocolades. I can't put in words what it feels like to lose two consecutive finals... prior to 2009 I didn't know the feeling of it, and I've followed United since I was 5 years old, going to the Stretford End. Tonight made me worry about Sir Alex more than anything... tears were nearly shed when they did a close up of him and his fists were shaking, he's been the manager of this club longer than I've lived and it's a credit to him how far we came this season when no one gave us a chance in hell. We'll come back eventually, I'm sure of that, but what I will say is....Lionel Messi is head above any player I've seen before and in terms of humility and respect he shits all over Maradonna. Props to Barca

Edit: And Guardiola too....upmost respect for him. A man of class, similar to Bobby Robson. No cancerous venom like Mourinho

:worthy: Great post, thanks.

And when I saw Ferguson sitting there and his fists were shaking I really felt so bad for him, such a GREAT manager and humble and respectful. The opposite of Mourinho.
I mean to acheive what he has and to be able to keep going at nearly 70 just shows all you need to know about the guy's character.

I

islandgirl

This match was simply awesome after we got settled. One of the best display I've ever seen.

La LL

Generally Delightful
I even went to a Manchester United bar to watch the game lol. Needless to say I gained a lot of bad stares when I first came in with my jersey but once we won there was lots of hugging from ManU and Barca fans alike. Greatest respect for ManU and it's fans. They're honorable unlike puta mourinhodrid.

A ManU fan came up to me during celebrations (was only 10 people left in the bar, me and a couple of Barca fans) and he said "you know mate, we lost to you but I dont feel bad. We lost to a team that was superior". I offered to buy him a beer but he went off into the night.

Last edited:

Guardian

man, I couldn't sleep after the final, it was exciting! Don't now where to start from...

First, I want to pay respect to SAF for the way he wanted to play, he tried to play football and not to maltreat Barca's player like Mourinho did. SAF showed how a real man and winner can accept a defeat, while Mou acted like sour loser and hysterical grandma. Just imagine what he would have said Mou after the game if he was in SAF shoes: "We were robbed, Villa's handball could have turned the game, UEFA are thieves, Barca are cheaters, UNICEF are child molesters" and so on and so on. Pathetic.

I've been watching football since I was a little kid, that makes over 20 years and I have never seen as elegant and graceful team as this Barca from Guardiola's 3 year period. For this time he won 5 out of the 6 most important trophies there (3 La Liga and 2 CL) with attacking football, smart combinations, players from the youth system and reminded us the romantic side of football. Something very different from the t-shirt selling and commercial clubs with their glory hunting fans.

Abidal lifting the cup as captain was a great gesture, because he won a much more important battle than this game and this cup.

Probably everything was said about the game itself, I saw very good analysis and comments from the other users in this thread , so I won't go long about it. Fantastic game from Barca, good game from United and now I'm only waiting to download the game and watch it over and over again. :)

Ah yep, congratulations to all cules :)

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
man, I couldn't sleep after the final, it was exciting! Don't now where to start from...

First, I want to pay respect to SAF for the way he wanted to play, he tried to play football and not to maltreat Barca's player like Mourinho did. SAF showed how a real man and winner can accept a defeat, while Mou acted like sour loser and hysterical grandma. Just imagine what he would have said Mou after the game if he was in SAF shoes: "We were robbed, Villa's handball could have turned the game, UEFA are thieves, Barca are cheaters, UNICEF are child molesters" and so on and so on. Pathetic.

I've been watching football since I was a little kid, that makes over 20 years and I have never seen as elegant and graceful team as this Barca from Guardiola's 3 year period. For this time he won 5 out of the 6 most important trophies there (3 La Liga and 2 CL) with attacking football, smart combinations, players from the youth system and reminded us the romantic side of football. Something very different from the t-shirt selling and commercial clubs with their glory hunting fans.

Abidal lifting the cup as captain was a great gesture, because he won a much more important battle than this game and this cup.

Probably everything was said about the game itself, I saw very good analysis and comments from the other users in this thread , so I won't go long about it. Fantastic game from Barca, good game from United and now I'm only waiting to download the game and watch it over and over again. :)

Ah yep, congratulations to all cules :)

hear hear

mancs are our bitches :D

bryangld27

hear hear

mancs are our bitches :D

Oh yeah +1

Congrats to our team!!! Thank you Barcelona!!!! Thank you so much for being the best in the world! I had tears when the ref blew the final whistle. Every moment went our way and we definitely outclassed Manchester United in all aspects except physicality. There's no way anyone would say they should've won.

CAMPEONES CAMPEONES OE OE OE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barca scarf: :flagvl8: :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans