2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

F

Flavia

Exactly. I can't stand arrogant fans. Its not just Barca fans either, some United fans think United will walk this game too. If you can't be reasonable and see things from both sides of the coin (in anything in life, not just football), your opinion is totally irrelvant to me.
These are usually the types of fans that blame the ref or anything else when their team lose. Even some managers are like that :p

Unbiased United

I can't stand people who get drawn into that type of argument either. It's a stupid argument to have. But I'll never understand how someone doesn't believe their team will win the Champions league when they've reached the final. That's just lame.

You SHOULD believe in your team and be sure they will win. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. After all a belief is an irrational thing and is based on hope, not on facts. There IS something wrong in thinking the fans from the other team are not entitled to that opinion too, which is where the stupid arguments start.

Do I think Barça will win the Champions League? Absolutely. Do I know they will? Er, no. Do I respect you when you say man U will win it? Of course. Do i think you're right? No. Am I going to argue with you because you do? Hell no. I'll argue about other aspects of the tie, but not that. That's for 12 year olds.

We'll I totally agree with this, so why are we having this discussion? Lol :)

These are usually the types of fans that blame the ref or anything else when their team lose. Even some managers are like that :p

Most managers are like that if you listen to them after games these days! :D

I have to say again, this is one of the reasons I really like Pep, he always seems so humble and respectful. A great guy.

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
I still believe that Rooney is not constant enough to be a truly world class player.... he has his moments but he is either shit or amazing. Xavi, for an example, always plays well.

Unbiased United

Rooney isn't that inconsistent, he is an inconsistent goalscorer though.

Your right. But he's more provider than goalscorer, which when he has someone in front of him like Hernandez is fine. He does a lot of damage to the oppenents defence even if he isn't scoring. His consistency is MUCH improved these days. I'd say he is a key player for us in as many as nine out of ten games.

Aasim

Bumbleman
Your right. But he's more provider than goalscorer, which when he has someone in front of him like Hernandez is fine. He does a lot of damage to the oppenents defence even if he isn't scoring. His consistency is MUCH improved these days. I'd say he is a key player for us in as many as nine out of ten games.

How do you think United will line up? Surely he can't play 4-4-2 against Xaviesta and Messi, who are so well at finding spaces between the lines. So he has to drop Hernandez, play 5 in midfield but that would mean Rooney up top by himself and that's not getting the best out of him. Another question would be should Park play who can offer more defensive cover than Valencia/Nani. If Park does play then he will probably play on the left to neutralise Alves.

Then again this all depends on whether SAF will want to attack and press high and early or defend more and keep shape.

Unbiased United

How do you think United will line up? Surely he can't play 4-4-2 against Xaviesta and Messi, who are so well at finding spaces between the lines. So he has to drop Hernandez, play 5 in midfield but that would mean Rooney up top by himself and that's not getting the best out of him. Another question would be should Park play who can offer more defensive cover than Valencia/Nani. If Park does play then he will probably play on the left to neutralise Alves.

Then again this all depends on whether SAF will want to attack and press high and early or defend more and keep shape.

You make good points.
I personally hope he doesn't leave Rooney up front by himself. Its definately a tough one because Barca's midfield could run riot if he does play the 4-4-2, but I think he has to play Roony and hernandez. Its served us well this year, and its quite a negative message to send out if he does'nt imo.

Taking everything into consideration though, i would go with the 4-4-2, but with Rooney playing a bit deeper so he can drop back and help out in the midfield, when needed. Also I agree, put Park on the left to help track back and have valencia on the other side doing the same. I'd probably go with Giggs and Fletcher in the middle. Giggs has been amazing this year and his experience could be vital, with fletcher there to get stuck into Messi (or at least try lol).

I think there is no questioning Barca will have more possesion and territorial advantage. I hope SAF will tell them to stay strong, keep their shape, but not be scared to attack when we can.

Aasim

Bumbleman
You make good points.
I personally hope he doesn't leave Rooney up front by himself. Its definately a tough one because Barca's midfield could run riot if he does play the 4-4-2, but I think he has to play Roony and hernandez. Its served us well this year, and its quite a negative message to send out if he does'nt imo.

Taking everything into consideration though, i would go with the 4-4-2, but with Rooney playing a bit deeper so he can drop back and help out in the midfield, when needed. Also I agree, put Park on the left to help track back and have valencia on the other side doing the same. I'd probably go with Giggs and Fletcher in the middle. Giggs has been amazing this year and his experience could be vital, with fletcher there to get stuck into Messi (or at least try lol).

I think there is no questioning Barca will have more possesion and territorial advantage. I hope SAF will tell them to stay strong, keep their shape, but not be scared to attack when we can.

It's a tough call on the formation. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Thing about playing 4-4-2 with Rooney deeper means that there will be space for Messi. Fletcher can do his best but as a DM he is the man to keep the team's shape. If Messi moves him around then that will create space for not only Xaviesta but also Villa and Pedro. It might be best to play 2 DMs (Fletch and Carrick/Anderson instead of Giggs) so one can follow Messi while the other keeps Xaviesta on hold. Giggs wasn't able to influence from the centre in Rome.

Unbiased United

Are you watching barca!!!! ;)

It's a tough call on the formation. 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Thing about playing 4-4-2 with Rooney deeper means that there will be space for Messi. Fletcher can do his best but as a DM he is the man to keep the team's shape. If Messi moves him around then that will create space for not only Xaviesta but also Villa and Pedro. It might be best to play 2 DMs (Fletch and Carrick/Anderson instead of Giggs) so one can follow Messi while the other keeps Xaviesta on hold. Giggs wasn't able to influence from the centre in Rome.

There's no easy fix really is there, its going to be risky either way, and either way wouldn't surprise me really.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
glad you do stick around then after the CL final (unless united win then Fck off ;) jk )

Home of Barca Fans