2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Messi10

No way can Rooney be compared to messi. English media hype him up to much. Same with bale and Ashley cole(who's not the so called best left back in the world as the English media hype him up to be). Rooney must be the most overrated player in the world. He could Not hit a barn door yesterday against chelsea. Yes he's a great passer of the ball but he not up there with the passing of messi,xavi and iniesta. Rooney not consistent enough. When he in abit of form the media hype him up to be better then messi and god. United best players this season have been Chico,nani,vidc and giggs and left not forget berbatov. When Rooney scores over 40goals and gets over 25 assists and not gone in any bad form patches come back and then compare him with messi and Ronaldo.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Rooney's great but I don't know about him at Barcelona. He loses effectiveness in front of goal when he plays out wide (which is obviously where he'd play for Barcelona).

Unless we just make Messi an AM when Xavi gets too old and have Rooney ahead of him. That'd be pretty tasty.

Messi10

Where was Rooney 5months ago? No where! Rooney not even in the top 10 players in the world. Where was Rooney at the world cup? Please English media stop hyping up your player. Barcelona,real Madrid will be winning the champions league for next 5 years. What's the media going today about that? Attack la liga again. Next they be comparing jack wilshere with xavi.

gingerless

Rooney's great but I don't know about him at Barcelona. He loses effectiveness in front of goal when he plays out wide (which is obviously where he'd play for Barcelona).

Unless we just make Messi an AM when Xavi gets too old and have Rooney ahead of him. That'd be pretty tasty.

the only reason guardiola is coach is coz messi lets him call himself that, we all know messi runs the shit so why would he play as AM and let rooney have all the glory?

P

PhilS

Where was Rooney 5months ago? No where! Rooney not even in the top 10 players in the world. Where was Rooney at the world cup? Please English media stop hyping up your player. Barcelona,real Madrid will be winning the champions league for next 5 years. What's the media going today about that? Attack la liga again. Next they be comparing jack wilshere with xavi.

Rooney had a fairly extended bad patch, when he was hurt and his confidence was down, but that if definitely over. Ever since SAF started playing him further back, allowing him to just focus on playing good football rather than having to do most of the scoring, Rooney has been fantastic. Not only that, he plays Barca-type football. The position he is now playing is very similar to the position Messi plays. Rooney is in the world top 10.

The English appreciate Barca. I don't think they realize how good RM is. Man U deserves a lot of credit for winning EPL and making it to the CL finals, but I'm not convinced they are as good as RM.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans