2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Unbiased United

Predicted lineup:

sMT5v.jpg

I think this has a really good chance of being right. But I'd probably swap carrick for Giggs, and maybe Rooney a touch further up. Tough call though. Any chance you can do a Barca one too, so we can compare? :)

Aasim

Bumbleman
I think this has a really good chance of being right. But I'd probably swap carrick for Giggs, and maybe Rooney a touch further up. Tough call though. Any chance you can do a Barca one too, so we can compare? :)

You can't play Giggs in the centre in a 4-4-2 against Barca. You will get overrun and out played.
2 DMs plus Rooney will be a better test though.

Unbiased United

You can't play Giggs in the centre in a 4-4-2 against Barca. You will get overrun and out played.
2 DMs plus Rooney will be a better test though.

What? ...he's been our best player in the middle this season by far. I can kind of understand what you mean from a defensive point of view, but believe me if you have seen him this season he's more than capable at that too. He played left back for us one game and got man of the match. Not sure if you watched the Chelsea game but he ran the show. Its gona be tough whoever plays there, but if there is one player who can produce magic from the middle against Barca then its Giggs. That said, if it was Carrick and Fletcher, I'd be quite happy because a fresh Giggs coming on as sub could be very dangerous for us.

Thanks! :)

Aasim

Bumbleman
What? ...he's been our best player in the middle this season by far. I can kind of understand what you mean from a defensive point of view, but believe me if you have seen him this season he's more than capable at that too. He played left back for us one game and got man of the match. Not sure if you watched the Chelsea game but he ran the show. Its gona be tough whoever plays there, but if there is one player who can produce magic from the middle against Barca then its Giggs. That said, if it was Carrick and Fletcher, I'd be quite happy because a fresh Giggs coming on as sub could be very dangerous for us.

i have seen a lot of ManUtd. Don't get me wrong, i haven't said Giggs is crap in the centre or anything it's just that there is a very big chance that he will only see the ball a very limited amount of times so he will not be able influence as much as he does in EPL. Add that to the fact that he will be chasing the ball alot and he will get tired. If you are winning by 70th minute, better to have him as super sub along with Scholes. Barca is a different animal compared to Chelsea's midfield and West Ham..

BUT if SAF plays 4-5-1 then he will compliment Fletch and Carrick very well.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I've been saying this pretty consistently, this United side is a formidable one...They have belief too...Those first 20 minutes are going to be intense

Home of Barca Fans