2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Viva United banned for 7 days for trolling and insulting other members.
We're open to visiting fans but we won't tolerate trolls or those who come here to insult others.

Thanx

Unbiased United

When a guy says comparing Puyol and Rio is an insult to rio, you just know he's either on crack or he doesn't know jack shit about football. as i said, come and talk when Rio has won multiple UCLs, European championship (International) and a world cup :)

Was that directed at me? ...you did know I was agreeing with you on the last post didn't you!? Lol

I think its this simple. Both great players- FACT. Who's best is of course down to personal opinion.

Bergkamp10

Yea, that observation makes sense when your clubs CB is Koscielny. Rio and Vidic are class but I wouldn't say they are better than Puyol+Pique, pique fucks up a lot but in big games (and when he has puyol to keep him in check) is an absolutely class defender. and i don't think i need to explain what a legend puyol is...I don't think we've lost a single game in which pique and puyol started.

It's opinion. You're a Barcelona fan so you're bound to prefer Pique and Puyol but I think Vidic and Ferdinand are better and have to do more defending. Koscielny is a very good player so I don't really see your point.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8630297.stm

F

Flavia

Was that directed at me? ...you did know I was agreeing with you on the last post didn't you!? Lol

I think its this simple. Both great players- FACT. Who's best is of course down to personal opinion.

I think it was directed to the banned guy, not to you.

E

estranged

nah mate you're a fair guy, it was aimed at VivaUnited and his ridiculous statement about Puyol.

Unbiased United

Viva United banned for 7 days for trolling and insulting other members.
We're open to visiting fans but we won't tolerate trolls or those who come here to insult others.

Thanx

I totally agree, and not wanting to seem like an ass, but can I suggest keeping tabs on that guy Messi10 for trolling too. I have fooilishly responded a couple of times, but he is without a doubt (imo) looking to incite arguments etc.

nah mate you're a fair guy, it was aimed at VivaUnited and his ridiculous statement about Puyol.

Lol...sorry I missed the bit you quoted. :)

W

woobie

Totally not directed at you, Unbiased. You're awesome. :D

If you see stuff that's trollish, hit the report button (bottom left, under the avatar and join date) to give us a heads up. We can't always see everything.

E

estranged

It's opinion. You're a Barcelona fan so you're bound to prefer Pique and Puyol but I think Vidic and Ferdinand are better and have to do more defending. Koscielny is a very good player so I don't really see your point.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8630297.stm

I meant we haven't lost a single game this season when puyol and pique started, of course we've lost a game before when those 2 started, they've been our main cb pairing for 3 years now...I personally think Pique+Puyol > Rio+Vidic, but yea as you say asking a barca fan for an opinion on that is pointless. and yes i'm sure koscielny is a great defender.

Unbiased United

Totally not directed at you, Unbiased. You're awesome. :D

If you see stuff that's trollish, hit the report button (bottom left, under the avatar and join date) to give us a heads up. We can't always see everything.

Stop it your making me blush! :D Lol.

Oh ok, I'll bear that in mind thanks! :)

Bergkamp10

I meant we haven't lost a single game this season when puyol and pique started, of course we've lost a game before when those 2 started, they've been our main cb pairing for 3 years now...I personally think Pique+Puyol > Rio+Vidic, but yea as you say asking a barca fan for an opinion on that is pointless. and yes i'm sure koscielny is a great defender.

I wasn't asking for an opinion tbh, was replying to someone saying Vidic was United's only player who could get into Barcelona's team. And yeah he is, proved that in the 2-1 win at the Emirates. But this isn't the thread to discuss how quality Koscielny is going to be for Arsenal.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
* Premier League (4): 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09
* Football League Cup (2): 2005–06, 2008–09
* FA Community Shield (3): 2003, 2007, 2008
* UEFA Champions League (1): 2007–08
* FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

He's awesome, hate United but have to give credit where its due.

don't see a World Cup or a Euro Cup there ... Pique and el Capitan have all of what you've listed above, and international success.

E

estranged

I wasn't asking for an opinion tbh, was replying to someone saying Vidic was United's only player who could get into Barcelona's team. And yeah he is, proved that in the 2-1 win at the Emirates. But this isn't the thread to discuss how quality Koscielny is going to be for Arsenal.

well it's a forum, so whatever statemenet you write down will naturally generate an opinion regardless of you asking for one. just like when you gave your opinion to the guy who said vidic was the only player who could make it to barca, he didn't ask for your opinion either did he?

Fourteen

Monster Masch
How did we get on to the topic of shitty Arsenal players? :p

don't see a World Cup or a Euro Cup there ... Pique and el Capitan have all of what you've listed above, and international success.
Well to be fair, he can't really do that with Serbia.

Unbiased United

Its not Ferdinands fault he was born in England. If our other players had his consistency, perhaps we might win things occasionally!...Or Vidic...whoever we are talking about lol. It does help to play for the Spanish national team! ;)

Home of Barca Fans