2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
As long has we keep the ball we create chances.I can see vidic getting sent off, I've seen carlton cole skill vidic and make him look silly so he have no chance with messi. It be a easy game for us don't worry.

osvaldo made pique look silly... rooney and chicharito will run over him then ?
cmon man talk some sense!

tikitaka

Do you guys remember Manchester United vs Arsenal? I only got to watch parts of the game, but from what I saw, Arsenal were putting a lot of pressure on United and ended up winning.

Don't mean to sound cocky, but if they can beat them, so can we. But you know what they say, you're only as good as your last game!

now it's the last 3 games for barca...quiet wrrying to be honest!!

Messi10

osvaldo made pique look silly... rooney and chicharito will run over him then ?
cmon man talk some sense!
Pique made a mistake that's all. Rooney overrated. We control this game. United will play 10 men behind the ball. We should target uniteds right side.

F

Forca Barca

i didnt mean fletcher on the wing i meant giggs would play instead of Fletcher i also thought giggs was a left wing but then again i dont know much about man united.

i think manU are the worst team possible for us to play against they probably have the best chance out of anyone in beating Barca their defense will be hard to crack and long shots dont realiy work on them due to van der sar we will just have we will have enough space to pass the ball in triangles around the defenders to spread it out that way i think are strikers will have a good chance of scoring

Aasim

Bumbleman
Villa and Pedro need to be very wide liike the first leg semi. Draw out their fullbacks so there is more space in the centre for Messi. Messi will have to keep moving but not dropping too deep like copa final. He needs to keep the pressure on Ferdic and force them into mistakes.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Pique made a mistake that's all. Rooney overrated. We control this game. United will play 10 men behind the ball. We should target uniteds right side.

i am not talking about the game against Levante..
Osvaldo is espanyol's player who owned pique at camp nou..
dude before making such comments improve your knowledge of the game..

Unbiased United

i am not talking about the game against Levante..
Osvaldo is espanyol's player who owned pique at camp nou..
dude before making such comments improve your knowledge of the game..

+1

...Everything the guy says is a joke, to be honest its not really even worth responding to...we'd be better off banging our heads against a brick wall....Yet here I am fueling the fire...shame on me! :(

i didnt mean fletcher on the wing i meant giggs would play instead of Fletcher i also thought giggs was a left wing but then again i dont know much about man united.

i think manU are the worst team possible for us to play against they probably have the best chance out of anyone in beating Barca their defense will be hard to crack and long shots dont realiy work on them due to van der sar we will just have we will have enough space to pass the ball in triangles around the defenders to spread it out that way i think are strikers will have a good chance of scoring

He did play on the left for years to be fair, just has he got a bit older SAF prefers him in the middle. Your right VDS just does not get beaten from long distance, but if any team are capable of breaching our strong defence, and getting in the box, its Barca.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
so when I was at the Derbi on the weekend I had an interesting moment.

so I'm sitting w/ my cousin and there are a bunch of English people sitting in the row next to us. So ... I'm looking at these dudes, not wearing any distinctive team-oriented clothes what-so-ever. they are all wearing beach shorts and pastel Abercrombie outfits. About 7 dudes. three dudes wearing shades, sitting in the middle of the group, and they are more focused on the game that I am. the other four dudes look like they got drunk before the match and are trying to stay awake. But the other dudes are pointing and talking quietly. So after Don Andres scores the first, the crowd around us is chanting "Barça!! Barça!! Barça!!" and on the third "Barça" one of the English guys screams out "UNITED!!" and the three dudes sitting in the middle of the pack turned at the same time and fitted the guy with the DEADLIEST stare. like if looks could kill, that dude would have been dead.

They had to be scouts! had to be. crazy!! anyhoo ... that's my Derbi related story. well ... one of them.

P

PhilS

United has a great chance to win this match. They are built to cause Barcelona problems as long as the two CMS aren't completely abused (I'm looking at you, Carrick). Rooney's deep lying role will give Barcelona fits. Kanoute and Forlan caused Barcelona no end of problems in a similar role, as did Giuseppe Rossi. In fact, I would opt for Mascherano at DM. I don't think Busquets can handle Rooney. Chicharito's pace will be a big concern, especially if Puyol is unfit to play.

I see this as a 50-50 match, and I would not be surprised at all to see United win. Barcelona have been playing at 50% capacity for basically the entire second half of the season. Remarkably, it has still been enough to carry the team this far.

In fact, as a Barcelona supporter, I would pick United 2-1 right now from an objective point of view.

Puyol will make this match. Abidal is almost fully back already. It's looking like Busquets will be banned, so United will have to face Masch at DM. Adriano may be ready to relieve Abidal. Finally, Barca will have all its best defenders ready.

United's defense has done well this year, but Barca presents much different challenges, and I don't think United has the necessary athleticism. Although the United offense has been looking quite good, Barca has done just fine against other very potent teams, even with key defenders out. Baca 2 United 1.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
This will for sure be a much different game......although I wouldn't mind if it went down the same :D
I really don't know how this game is going to go. Won't really have an idea until the first 15-20 mins.
What I know is that if both teams play 100% to their potential we will take it....seeing as Man U will almost never see the ball if that's the case lol.

S

SLOBarca

Totally different team (Etoo, Jaya Toure, Henry...) and totally different opponent. ManU were frightened, they didn't have any self confidence and it was a neutral venue. Now we're playing in England, Wembley is familiar place for ManU players. Plus, Villa scored once in 15 matches and Abi, Puyol, Bojan and Adriano are still recovering.

M

mitkoa7x

We arent as good as we were in the start of the season, but if we play 90 minutees like we did vs Real or Sevilla, United will be in for a supprise. I still think we are the favourites tho.

dalitis8

Banned
They have no CR, they have no Tevez.

They have an ageing Giggs, Fletcher has been out for quite a while, Park is just Park and Valencia is strong and fast but a one-trick-pony. Rio is not what he used to be, and they have no RB worthy of the name.

If Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves and Villa are properly rested and in good condition, then Man Yoo are in for a long night...

Messi10

Yh dalitis8 is spot on. We have world class players, united just have good players and very good. Evra been rubbish this season. I'm sure messi and pedro sill give him a good go. Still think vidic will get sent off. Easy win for barcelona. Our teams way better then the Rome 09 team

Home of Barca Fans