2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

XaviMessiGirl

You can't really compare Pique/Puyol to Ferdinand/Vidic based on the fact that P&P have won more internationally.. England and Serbia are nowhere near Spain in terms of overall quality of the team. I don't understand those statements. I hate United, but seriously.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
Like Meta said, it really depends a lot on what kind of opposition they're facing.

Vidic and Rio are more suited for rougher opponents, who like to play on the air, however technical players can expose them. Puyol and Pique are more suited against those who like the technical game, but can be exposed against direct play.

To be honest I think Vidic and Rio are generally a more consistent pairing, they also have experience on their side. Puyol and Pique are great but still are some way of reaching the solidness that the Man Utd pairing provide IMHO...

Pepe Silvia

Rio and Vidic are the best CB partnership in the World. individually they're both superior to Piqué and Puyol (although in big games Puyol is the best of all 4 of them - there's no one I'd rather have in a big game than El Capi).

HOWEVER in a league like Spain's, Vidic's style would be wholly unsuited and he would find himself massively exposed, as Samuel was for Madrid. for La Liga, Piqué and Puyol are the perfect CB partnership for sure, which is why they do so well for us.

Rio is what Piqué wants to be when he grows up. now, Piqué's not very far behind, but Rio oozes class.
Rio runs his mouth. Fuck Rio

Phatroonaldo

I think ferdinand and vidic are a better pair than Puyol and Pique. They are more consistent than ours and they compliment each other perfectly.

I wouldn't take van der sar ahead of Valdes. I wouldn't take any other goal keeper ahead in the world ahead of him. He's one of the reason that we can effectively build up from the back. He's probably called in a match to save 3 or 4 times in 90 minutes, the mental strength required to maintain this level of concentration is one of the difference between world class keepers. Oh, and his level of comfort on ball, the amount of times he picks out either alves or abidal perfectly with a 40 yard pass is unbelievable. Fuck me, we should try and play him a couple of times in midfield

It would be

VV

Alves - Ferdinand - Vidic - Abidal

Busquets

Xavi - Iniesta

Pedro - Messi - Rooney

:lol:

Galning

You can't really compare Pique/Puyol to Ferdinand/Vidic based on the fact that P&P have won more internationally.. England and Serbia are nowhere near Spain in terms of overall quality of the team. I don't understand those statements. I hate United, but seriously.

Wowowow if those arguments count for Ibrahimovic (Sweden ffs) then they surely count for England (the best footballing country in the world, they invented the game!!!!) and Serbia.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
well said, your posts are always great to read.

just to add, pique for me stands out because he has immense technique, i wold say puyols style is somewhat similar to man u or epl defenders but pique is great on the ball, how many defenders score goals like this:D

[YOUTUBE]qUCgMBbqO9g[/YOUTUBE]

"Brrrraaaaaaap!"

E

estranged

i wasn't comparing pique with rio, i was saying for a defender pique has immense technique and control, which he does. btw, pique's goal > rio's goal. :) always loved rio tho.

dalitis8

Banned

Rio has been declining for the past 2 years or so... and he is also painfully ugly...and he does that retarded thing with his mouth...and yes...fuck him...I hope Messi and co. run rings around him :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's going to be a tough game...

Unbiased United

Congrats on your 19th title Man U!

Thanks Superfly! :)

Was similar to the Barca game really. Quite nervy and not the best of preformances, but we are champions now and can fully concentrate on the final.

Hopefully with us both Champions now, we should be able to rest some key players and have both teams at full strength for a great final! :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Getting a little taste of a final at Wembley, watching the FA Cup Final...Pretty entertaining match

Unbiased United

Getting a little taste of a final at Wembley, watching the FA Cup Final...Pretty entertaining match

Pains me to say it but City could be serious contenders next season, domestically and in Europe. Not only does this bother me because I'm a United fan, but because of the relentless spending of one mans personal wealth, which has propelled them into this situation. They are like Madrid.... but with much more spending power! Goes against everything teams like United and Barca stand for imo. :(

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tevez, such a talented & key player to any side...Definitely rusty from the layoff but wow...Balotelli has looked great and Silva & Yaya are bossing the midfield the way you'd expect La Liga experienced players should...Their fks have been pretty poor but otherwise they have looked sharp...Credit to Stoke too, apart from Huth, they've played well...The Jones kid is a dangerous forward & I like seeing Pennant turn his life around AND play well

Shame Mancini has them playing so defensively so often, they have some good entertainment value

Home of Barca Fans