2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Aasim

Bumbleman
o my fuking god volcano strikes again.ash cloud might reach london by friday so we would have to travel by bus .this time its a longer trip.

Hopefully more information will be revealed but if that is the case then i can guarantee we will travel ealier by plane to aviod driving it there.

Sergio

Sergison
That volcano is for sure a Madridista, it hates you. They think airspace in the UK will have to close from Monday night, better use that pretty colored plane early.

Unbiased United

Did anyone in here claim that you weren't a good team? It's you who overdramatized everything. I said that United were brilliant but that Barcelona were the one of the greats in history and therefore much better than United and you called me an ignorant idiot? Seems like you aren't much of debating against people who don't share the same opinion as you.

I'm not starting this up again, and won't post on here again after this until after the game. Fact is I have joined a Barca forum and along with guys who respect United (and actually know a thing or two about football outside of Barcelona), there are some trolls and blinkered fans, which to be fair I should have expected (not just here but any club forum including my own...which also doesn't interest me).

I wrote the last message to show my respect for Barca, not start another long winded discussion with no end product.

Good luck Barca, good luck United...hope its a great game.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I'm not starting this up again, and won't post on here again after this until after the game. Fact is I have joined a Barca forum and along with guys who respect United (and actually know a thing or two about football outside of Barcelona), there are some trolls and blinkered fans, which to be fair I should have expected (not just here but any club forum including my own...which also doesn't interest me).

I wrote the last message to show my respect for Barca, not start another long winded discussion with no end product.

Good luck Barca, good luck United...hope its a great game.
:lol: Calling anyone that doesn't share your opinon a troll and not knowing anything about footbal. I'd say you know fuckall about football outside of your beloved United. I respect them alot, they deserve to be in the finals but when I say that we're better, I'm a troll and know nothing outside Barca?

:hooray:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
And the truth comes out.........:lol:!
I seriously can't wait for this game...im already starting to get anxious. I have good feelings though.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
A stat that Meta has worked out -

Under Guardiola, when Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have all played, our record is:

Played - 182
Won - 169
Drawn - 13
Lost - 0

Astounding.

FiReFTW

Under Guardiola, when Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta and Messi have all played, our record is:

Played - 182
Won - 169
Drawn - 13
Lost - 0

Astounding.

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor

Played - 182
Won - 169
Drawn - 13
Lost - 0

Astounding.

Considering Guardiola has only been here for 3 years, 182 matches under him in which all of those players you mentioned played seems to be a bit off. Firstly Puyol played something like 120 matches under Guardiola, so this can't be right.

barcaboy15

This week I have read a few interviews with the Barca players and manager, and they basically backed up the alreay high opinion I had of them. All of them showing humility and respect, and Pep (as always) was offering knowledgeable insights into the oppositions team, with nothing but positive things to say, and remaining humble throughout. He's a top class guy and you can tell his attitude runs through to the players aswell.

I really (really, really!) want my team to win on Saturday and think we have a decent chance of doing so. But If we do lose there is no shame in losing to a club like Barcelona, and I also would not begrudge it them either. Not only do you have a fantastic manager and a great set of players, but Barcelona also like to play football 'the right way', which I really admire. I also respect the fact that Barcelona (like United), don't just throw ridiculous money at tens of players hoping that it will win you things, but instead rely on youth, and have a long term plan and stability in place. I was even reading an interview with Abidal, and at the end of it I was almost like 'Go on son, after the year you've had get out there and win it!'...until I remembered it was United he was up against! :D

Anyway, to you guys who have been reasonable on here, good luck and may the best team win! There will be no excuses from me if we lose, and I think this will be a great game for true football fans. :)

Here's to a great game:beer2:

As you said, good luck to both and may the best team win.

Played - 182
Won - 169
Drawn - 13
Lost - 0

Astounding.

Are you sure that's correct?

On Wikipedia, it says Guardiola's stats are:

Played - 179
Won - 130
Drawn - 32
Lost - 17

This is a couple of games old I think but there is no way there has been 182 games with all of those players playing...

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Here's to a great game:beer2:

As you said, good luck to both and may the best team win.

Are you sure that's correct?

On Wikipedia, it says Guardiola's stats are:

Played - 179
Won - 130
Drawn - 32
Lost - 17

This is a couple of games old I think but there is no way there has been 182 games with all of those players playing...
When thosep layers were on the pitch together...

Home of Barca Fans