2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
first goal will be key.

we started the 09 final badly.. united pressed us and attacked straight away, and i think it will be the same again, like they did against chelsea.
Do you really fancy villa to pop up like eto did and change the game in our favour? with the way he's been playing for the last few months.. not really, and with messis record in england.. that doesnt look to promising either.
We need to play our own game and get in control from the very start and try to grab an early goal.

i think subs could be key, hopefully bojan can grab a goal tonight (or tomorrow .. cant remember when we're playing :D) to give him some confidence.

Messi has quite a good scoring record against English clubs, I think it's 7 in 12. Let'snot forget Messi scored in the last CL final against Man Utd.

impeh

Hi, its me..
ah yeh true, but i dont think he's scored in england yet? not counting the wrongly disallowed goal against arsenal :eusa_think:

hope he really puts in a great performance at wembley and shuts everyone up :D

one week today :flagvl8:

Pedram123

first goal will be key.

we started the 09 final badly.. united pressed us and attacked straight away, and i think it will be the same again, like they did against chelsea.
Do you really fancy villa to pop up like eto did and change the game in our favour? with the way he's been playing for the last few months.. not really, and with messis record in england.. that doesnt look to promising either.
We need to play our own game and get in control from the very start and try to grab an early goal.
i think subs could be key, hopefully bojan can grab a goal tonight (or tomorrow .. cant remember when we're playing :D) to give him some confidence.

They've gotten to you... :omg:

El Gato

Villarato!
Volcano in Iceland erupted again giving out tonnes of gases. Iceland air travel was already disabled.

I'll :lol: so hard if Barcelona will end up driving all the way to London :lol:

E

estranged

well i just saw on the news that all european flights are running as normal and are likely to do so for the mean time :)

you know what's even funnier, jose and co will be watching the final on tv :D

Unbiased United

Less than a week to go now guys, its gona be great! :D

There have been times on here when some people have shown a serious lack of respect towards the team I support. Not only in dismissing the threat we pose in this final as almost non existant, but also just towards the club in its entirety.....and it pissed me off! But my team aside, I just want to offer some thoughts.

This week I have read a few interviews with the Barca players and manager, and they basically backed up the alreay high opinion I had of them. All of them showing humility and respect, and Pep (as always) was offering knowledgeable insights into the oppositions team, with nothing but positive things to say, and remaining humble throughout. He's a top class guy and you can tell his attitude runs through to the players aswell.

I really (really, really!) want my team to win on Saturday and think we have a decent chance of doing so. But If we do lose there is no shame in losing to a club like Barcelona, and I also would not begrudge it them either. Not only do you have a fantastic manager and a great set of players, but Barcelona also like to play football 'the right way', which I really admire. I also respect the fact that Barcelona (like United), don't just throw ridiculous money at tens of players hoping that it will win you things, but instead rely on youth, and have a long term plan and stability in place. I was even reading an interview with Abidal, and at the end of it I was almost like 'Go on son, after the year you've had get out there and win it!'...until I remembered it was United he was up against! :D

Anyway, to you guys who have been reasonable on here, good luck and may the best team win! There will be no excuses from me if we lose, and I think this will be a great game for true football fans. :)

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Less than a week to go now guys, its gona be great! :D

There have been times on here when some people have shown a serious lack of respect towards the team I support. Not only in dismissing the threat we pose in this final as almost non existant, but also just towards the club in its entirety.....and it pissed me off! But my team aside, I just want to offer some thoughts.

This week I have read a few interviews with the Barca players and manager, and they basically backed up the alreay high opinion I had of them. All of them showing humility and respect, and Pep (as always) was offering knowledgeable insights into the oppositions team, with nothing but positive things to say, and remaining humble throughout. He's a top class guy and you can tell his attitude runs through to the players aswell.

I really (really, really!) want my team to win on Saturday and think we have a decent chance of doing so. But If we do lose there is no shame in losing to a club like Barcelona, and I also would not begrudge it them either. Not only do you have a fantastic manager and a great set of players, but Barcelona also like to play football 'the right way', which I really admire. I also respect the fact that Barcelona (like United), don't just throw ridiculous money at tens of players hoping that it will win you things, but instead rely on youth, and have a long term plan and stability in place. I was even reading an interview with Abidal, and at the end of it I was almost like 'Go on son, after the year you've had get out there and win it!'...until I remembered it was United he was up against! :D

Anyway, to you guys who have been reasonable on here, good luck and may the best team win! There will be no excuses from me if we lose, and I think this will be a great game for true football fans. :)
Did anyone in here claim that you weren't a good team? It's you who overdramatized everything. I said that United were brilliant but that Barcelona were the one of the greats in history and therefore much better than United and you called me an ignorant idiot? Seems like you aren't much of debating against people who don't share the same opinion as you.

nickd

o my fuking god volcano strikes again.ash cloud might reach london by friday so we would have to travel by bus .this time its a longer trip.

Home of Barca Fans