2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
you'll have to forgive us, we've just finished a 3rd season where in the 2nd half every team has parked a fleet of double-decker buses against us, including a 4 game tilt w/ Jose Mourinho, the king of parked buses. It's rare for us to see at team actually have a go at us, and even rarer still to comprehend a manager planning that he will have a go at us. I think the last team to try and attack us was Espanyol last December in the Cornella and that ended 1-5. Real Madrid tried at the Nou Camp in November and that ended 5-0. so again, please forgive us.

Also, another reason you'll have to forgive us for sounding arrogant is because FCB does not change tactics, irrespective of the opponent. our best 11 goes out there to attack and win. every game. that's hurt us w/ injuries and a lot players adding mileage, but hey, we're proud of that. SAF will tune down United's brand of attacking football against us. he has to. But I don't think he'll be as negative as Chelsea or RM.

I just hope FCB doesn't start slow in this Final. Irrespective of a more defensively minded United, they will make us pay if we start sloppy.

Shaktar?

Shaktar actually exposed us on numerous occasions with their attacking football and we were quite fortunate not to lose at home. But of course now that Puyol and Abidal are back its a whole different story...

Barcilliant

You do realise United are famous for their brand of attacking football? Right through from the Babes, to the trinity and now. To suggest that Barcelona are somehow superior becuse they have a philosohpy is ridiculous. Yes, you have a philosophy, and you perform it fucking well. But dont try and undermine other teams by suggesting that you are the only ones in the world that play the game with one
e

Utd used to have an attacking philosophy. Yes your 99 treble winning team was based on attack. HOWEVER Ferguson has changed that and the 2008 team were different. Barca were really poor that season and look what Fergie did in the semis. Parked the bus is an understatement. When guys like Tevez and Rooney are playing as defensive midfielders you know you have a manager that is running scared. Nowadays Utd choose to attack when they feel its safe too. Otherwise they are much more cautious. We will play Utd the same way as we play Espanyol or any other team. Sometimes that is too our detriment but we still believe in attack. Do you think Utd would play Barca the same way as they play Fulham???

R

redlyn

Utd cannot play Barca same way as we would play fulham. The two opponents are in two different leagues (in more ways than one) and it would be madness. You guys can afford to play the same way you play everybody else because you are better than everybody else so you natural game will work 95% of the time. We still have an attacking philosophy just lacking the midfield to completely impose it home and away, and in Europe but we have still scored the most goals in the league so if we don't play attacking then no one in England does.

To the question if I would be happy for my players to kick Barca for 90 mins the answer is no, I would rather not. BUT, yes there's a but. If the options are win nasty or lose, win nasty will bring me much more happiness than losing thats for sure. Thats not our philosophy but if thats what we need to do in this once off game against the toughest team in the world then frankly I dont care how we win. If we can get away with kicking Barca for 90 mins without conceding red cards then count me in. Barca had all the play in the cup, RM had the trophy - I dont think they were too bothered about the manner of the win. See Inter last year as well.

E

estranged

Shaktar?

Shaktar actually exposed us on numerous occasions with their attacking football and we were quite fortunate not to lose at home. But of course now that Puyol and Abidal are back its a whole different story...
we were fortunate not to lose at home? come on man thats a tad bit of an exaggeration is it not, a 5-1 win suggests so too. shakhtar created some great chances early on and should have maybe taken a couple of those but they were completely outclassed over 90 mins.

Pepe Silvia

Utd cannot play Barca same way as we would play fulham. The two opponents are in two different leagues (in more ways than one) and it would be madness. You guys can afford to play the same way you play everybody else because you are better than everybody else so you natural game will work 95% of the time. We still have an attacking philosophy just lacking the midfield to completely impose it home and away, and in Europe but we have still scored the most goals in the league so if we don't play attacking then no one in England does.

To the question if I would be happy for my players to kick Barca for 90 mins the answer is no, I would rather not. BUT, yes there's a but. If the options are win nasty or lose, win nasty will bring me much more happiness than losing thats for sure. Thats not our philosophy but if thats what we need to do in this once off game against the toughest team in the world then frankly I dont care how we win. If we can get away with kicking Barca for 90 mins without conceding red cards then count me in. Barca had all the play in the cup, RM had the trophy - I dont think they were too bothered about the manner of the win. See Inter last year as well.
That is like saying if I can get away with beating my wife to make me feel good, then I will go ahead and do it.

Seamus

Great attitude!! If ya can't beat a team through your own skill/talent then what can ye do hey??

gingerless

you guys seriously don't understand if a fan wants their team to win by any means necessary? get over yourselves

Barcilliant

you guys seriously don't understand if a fan wants their team to win by any means necessary? get over yourselves

We can understand it but we cant condone it. Its like wanting to cheat on your wife/girlfriend on some hot chic who really wants it. It's understandable that you want to bang her brains out but it isnt right. Its called CHEATING.

X

xaviniesta

Italian referee Rizzoli is the favourite to lead the CL final. Other options are the Hungarian Kassai and the Germans Brych and Meyer. [md]

Great choices. I'd go with Rizzoli or Kassai. Both strong referee's.

dalitis8

Banned

That is precisely the difference between Barca and the rest. That is exactly why Barca's arrogance is justified. That is why, for the sake of the sport, Barca should win at Wembley.

Ocelot

Exactly. I prefer a 1-0 win with 1 shot on target, than a 1-0 loss with Barcelona producing the best ever performance but loose anyway

impeh

Hi, its me..
first goal will be key.

we started the 09 final badly.. united pressed us and attacked straight away, and i think it will be the same again, like they did against chelsea.
Do you really fancy villa to pop up like eto did and change the game in our favour? with the way he's been playing for the last few months.. not really, and with messis record in england.. that doesnt look to promising either.
We need to play our own game and get in control from the very start and try to grab an early goal.

i think subs could be key, hopefully bojan can grab a goal tonight (or tomorrow .. cant remember when we're playing :D) to give him some confidence.

Home of Barca Fans