2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Barcilliant

We have a few problems-the volcano is a big one. The Daily Mail reports that Masch will once again partner Pique in the centre with puyol on the left. Abidal wont be risked.

T

tariqo

4vs23149.jpg

Maata

Dont know if its the right thread but im gonna ask anyway :D does anybody know if plaza catalunya shows the game like 2009 CL final.

M

mitkoa7x

Whaat? Abidal not playing, thats bs... why would Pep let him play in the last 2 games just to let him warm the bench at Wembley. Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal will start, for me there is no doubt.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Mascherano is too short to play at CB.

Yeah, he'll probably have a torrid time defending tall strikers like Hernández and Rooney.

Oh wait....

Seriously, Mascherano is good enough to play at CB. He might not be the tallest out there, but he's very good in the challenge, and he was quite good against Real imo.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
That can be a problem, but it isn't Mascherano who will defend those, I guess. I think Piqué, Busquets or Abidal, should he play, will defend Rio and Vidic. Pep ain't crazy, he won't let Mascherano mark the most dangerous aerial threats of Man Utd.

E

estranged

Mascherano did really well at cb in 3 matches against real, what makes you think he can't cope with united? i'd prefer abidal too but i'm not sure if hes 100% ready fr a game as big as this.

That can be a problem, but it isn't Mascherano who will defend those, I guess. I think Piqué, Busquets or Abidal, should he play, will defend Rio and Vidic. Pep ain't crazy, he won't let Mascherano mark the most dangerous aerial threats of Man Utd.

yea on set pieces pique and puyol do most of the aerial defending

dalitis8

Banned
Am getting into CL final mode now...

:mental:

This is it boys and girls...the doom of our time...

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans