2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
barcastuff tweet that the club has asked Arsenal to use Emirates for practices on Wednesday & Thursday...In exchange, Wenger demanded 2 13 year olds from the cantera

Messi__10

Looking forward for the finals :D I'm happy that our boys will fly out today, that way they have a whole week to prepare in england. Is there any possibility that they will train at wembley? It would be great for them to get used to the pitch...

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
there are so many clubs in London..
If not wembley or Emirates, Board can talk it out with..
Chelsea, Fulham, West Ham or Tottenham ..

Training will continue...

Bergkamp10

Nice, very detailed blog. I think fatigue levels will be the biggest factor in this final. If its level with 20/15 minutes to go, Barcelona could run out of steam from all the pressing and bringing on maybe Nani(I assume he'll be on the bench) could really stretch them. Having said that, I'm still confident that Barcelona will win.

Be interesting to see if Fabregas will come along for a "look" at the training sessions

He's in London atm so probably will.

I expect Arsenal will let Barcelona because Wenger and Pep get on and we want Barcelona to win.

Messi10

Can see iniesta and xavi running this game. We have had a good rest:) players should be fit. Being in England early will take there minds of traveling . Should be a really good game? Good luck united ! U are going to need it

Pepe Silvia

I think fatigue levels will be the biggest factor in this final. If its level with 20/15 minutes to go, Barcelona could run out of steam from all the pressing.
That's one way to view it. Consider how much running United will need to do in order to have time on the ball. We let the ball do the work. Seems to me that they will be the exhausted ones, or atleast moreso, trying to create and build up attacks/win the ball back etc. At our best, we look as though we are at a picnic jogging around while the ball blazes about.

P

PhilS

That's a problem for us I think.

Mascherano is too short to play at CB.

I think Pep will find a way to start Masch. Instead of Abidal seems the most likely. Man U does not want to face Masch.

The reason is not that Abidal is not ready, it is that Masch has been too good recently to not be out there. What Masch offers is particularly valuable in CL, and against EPL teams.

Both Abidal and Keita would help Barca in the air, which is why I expect them both to come on for the final quarter, to protect the lead.

E

estranged

Wrote a blog on the ways I think Man United can beat Barca, labelling your strengths and weaknesses. Hope you enjoy and don't disagree too much lol.

http://bit.ly/kwjXc1

Nice analysis. Tough you're wrong about Maxwell being started as LB, you can bet any amount of money on that NOT happening. It will either be Abidal or Puyol there (if the latter then Mascherano will be CB.)

Home of Barca Fans