2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

ledzep

Wrote a blog on the ways I think Man United can beat Barca, labelling your strengths and weaknesses. Hope you enjoy and don't disagree too much lol.

http://bit.ly/kwjXc1

I stopped reading after "One thing both Puyol and Gerard Pique lack is pace"

Have you seen Pique shot down Ronaldo every time they play against each other? As much as I hate Ronaldo, I gotta admit he has better pace than Hernandez, and if Pique can stop Ronaldo, he wont have problem with the latter.

Last edited:
E

estranged

I stopped reading after "One thing both Puyol and Gerard Pique lack is pace"

a year ago i would have said that statement is utter BS, but Pique doesn't seem as fast as he used to, Puyol still has good pace IMO, his speed has never hurt him or been his weak point. If those 2 perform the way they did against Madrid in the recent classicos we don't have much to worry about IMO.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We mopped the floor with Fergie's crew 2 years ago but I didn't read such bullish comments from Pep.
While Fergie is a great coach he'll never be a gentleman as Pep. :)

E

estranged

To be honest I think Fergie can't say anything else other than "we're ready to beat barca etc." he can't say "look at 2009...we're inferior and need a miracle to win this match" (even though he knows in the bottom of his heart thats the truth). If he concedes that barca are superior his players won't be in a decent mental state to face a team like Barca, he's doing what all great managers to, psyching up his players and not allowing them to get scared or intimidated. So his bullishness in my opinion is completely reasonable.

Messi10

The English media are so cocky they think there the best at everything? A ex footballer in England called stan collymore said on radio that messi could not cut it against burnley or in the premiership. And also saying that real Madrid and Barcelona are not the two best teams in the world. This is so stupid? Messi is always compared to the inconsistent Rooney. Hope we smash Them for there media and stan collymore

E

estranged

The English media are so cocky they think there the best at everything? A ex footballer in England called stan collymore said on radio that messi could not cut it against burnley or in the premiership. And also saying that real Madrid and Barcelona are not the two best teams in the world. This is so stupid? Messi is always compared to the inconsistent Rooney. Hope we smash Them for there media and stan collymore

:lol: :lol: Stan Collymore :lol: :lol:

Hadn't heard that name in years...Why did they even ask him for an opinion?

javinglish

Just a quick question please.

Does anyone know if staff at Wembley will ask for proof of ID when going through the gates to match the ticket to the ticket holder?

As far as I've seen, tickets have no names but was wondering if they're digitally signed or similar when scanned for those who hold a member's ticket.

Thanks in advance.

W

woobie

Not positive, javinglish, but I think you may be asked for ID.

Here (via twitter) is a photo of some of the guys on the plane to london:

scaled.php

Unbiased United

We mopped the floor with Fergie's crew 2 years ago but I didn't read such bullish comments from Pep.
While Fergie is a great coach he'll never be a gentleman as Pep. :)

Do you really believe everything you read? What he actually said was 'Messi is a great player, but there is a solution for every good player'. United have been very humble (and Barca have also been too), but they are also confident we can beat barcelona.....and rightly so. It could go either way.....

greek scavenger

Bit unrelated but...

United have signed De gea for 17 Mill. Barca fans, you guys watch La Liga much more than I do, whats the general consensus? Good enough? Great potential?

W

woobie

So the signing is official, then? Pictures on websites of people shaking hands and stuff?

Home of Barca Fans