2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

Richard.H

I don't know why some users here are getting butthurt. He simply said that our defense is the "weakest" part, did not say that our defense sucks, simply said it's the WEAKEST. What that statement implies is that out of defense, midfield, attack, and goalkeeping, defense is the worst one out of all 4. I mean, can anybody really disagree on that? ...

gingerless

i don't think 2 weeks rest will harm us at all, sure we could be a bit slow on the start but we will be pressing united like shiiiiiiiiiiiit. they won't be able to handle the pressure

E

estranged

I don't know why some users here are getting butthurt. He simply said that our defense is the "weakest" part, did not say that our defense sucks, simply said it's the WEAKEST. What that statement implies is that out of defense, midfield, attack, and goalkeeping, defense is the worst one out of all 4. I mean, can anybody really disagree on that? ...
Goalkeeping=defense, you can't separate the two. We have 4 of the best defenders in the world (better to rephrase that as 3 of the best defenders in the world and one of the best full backs), in my opinion our defense is as good if not better than Man U's, look at the 21 goals we conceded in the league compared to their 37. Also where Vidic's whole theory falls apart is that Barca don't defend in the conventional sense of the world, our defense starts with Busquets and Xavi, since it so hard to take the ball off us in the first place. If we played the conventional 4-4-2 then yea you could say our defense was weak.

i don't think 2 weeks rest will harm us at all, sure we could be a bit slow on the start but we will be pressing united like shiiiiiiiiiiiit. they won't be able to handle the pressure

Yes, the whole idea of 2 weeks rest meaning we will lose our sharpness is an idiotic one if you ask me, maybe 2 weeks rest does harm to Carrick and Fletcher but it won't harm Xavi and Iniesta :)

I think where united will look to harm us (and maybe our weakest spot) is through crosses, long balls and set pieces, I can imagine Nani/Valencia sending in lots of crosses in the box for Hernandez.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

United winning is the absolute worst case scenario for me. Only Real Madrid winning would be worse. I can't emphasize how much I detest United.

Three teams I detest with all my heart-Real Madrid, Manchester Utd and CHelsea. Pinnacle of arrogance-smug bastards. The 2 managers I hate most-Mourinho and Ferguson.

I am still very wary of Utd though. They have the ability to win by playing the shittiest football. They were lucky against Chelsea and particularly Bayern. They'll be looking for that luck again come 28/5.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
United will definately be parking the bus, i'm just nervous that we will struggle to score as Rio & Vidic are pretty damn good, probably the best defence we'd have come across this season and also Ferguson will have learned from the last match, attacking wise from United i'm not to worried.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I think Barcelona's defense is considered their weak point just because you guys play such a high line. Your defenders are really susceptible to through passes to fast wingers and forwards. Walcott had about 2-3 breakaways a game when he played you, yet failed to capitalize on them. Not to mention this Barcelona team plays most of their games with at least 70% possession, so the defense doesn't need to work as hard as most other teams. While I would never say your defense is remotely "bad", they are the weakest point of the team(by default), and I'm sure the pace of Valencia and Hernandez will cause them problems.

Our defence is not weak. I don't know where this stupid myth comes from. We have not lost any single game in 3 years with Piqué and Puyol playing as CB.

Unbiased United

Three teams I detest with all my heart-Real Madrid, Manchester Utd and CHelsea. Pinnacle of arrogance-smug bastards. The 2 managers I hate most-Mourinho and Ferguson.

I am still very wary of Utd though. They have the ability to win by playing the shittiest football. They were lucky against Chelsea and particularly Bayern. They'll be looking for that luck again come 28/5.

You know absolutely nothing about football, your arrogance reeks of such. United do and always has played the beautiful game. Attacking football is what United are known for, and to say otherwise shows your pigheaded ignorance. (read the fantasic article Irv posted here two pages back, for someone who actually does know what they are talking about). ...Do we play it better than Barca at their best?....no, nobody does. But that doesn't mean we don't also have a beautiful attacking philosphy. The difference is if United are having an off day they can also win ugly too, its our never say die attitude which under SAF seperates us from the rest. All this luck bullshit makes me sick too...great teams create their own luck... unless you somehow believe the universe or perhaps god(?) somehow favors United over other teams?

Some people here really need to look at themselves before offering judgement about 'arrogance' and 'smugness'. Listen to what you actually say about United or the 'brilliance' of your own team and think 'would this be percieved as arrogant by a neutral or oppossing fan?'....In cases such as this the answer is a big fat YES! ...I often 'big' my team up, but I also offer praise when its due to other teams too, and has such have given Barca a lot recently.

I see united fans getting banned on here for the same things Barcelona fans are saying in equal (if not worse) measures. Fair enough its a Barca forum, but its ridiculous that some here want to do nothing other than pat each other on the back, and give such high praise to your team that its is only equalled by the damning verdicts you seem to offer for every other team.

Here's a very good test to spot the 'arrogant fan'. If your team wins on Saturday, you will claim them to be the best (rightly so), but If your team loses on Saturday you will still claim them to be the best....arrogance personified, and yet it will happen in large numbers here.

No doubt if United win on Saturday, it will be because of 'luck' or some other act of 'divine intervention' etc....seriously get a grip.

United will definately be parking the bus, i'm just nervous that we will struggle to score as Rio & Vidic are pretty damn good, probably the best defence we'd have come across this season and also Ferguson will have learned from the last match, attacking wise from United i'm not to worried.

Yeah, its only Rooney, Hernandez and Valencia...

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
:console: Unbiased

I'm pretty sure most of this latest 'arrogant Utd' bashing is down to your captain's comments that Barca have a different opinion compared to Utd towards gamesmanship. Some probably related to Ferdi's tweets a while ago

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
You know absolutely nothing about football, your arrogance reeks of such. United do and always has played the beautiful game. Attacking football is what United are known for, and to say otherwise shows your pigheaded ignorance. (read the fantasic article Irv posted here two pages back, for someone who actually does know what they are talking about). ...Do we play it better than Barca at their best?....no, nobody does. But that doesn't mean we don't also have a beautiful attacking philosphy. The difference is if United are having an off day they can also win ugly too, its our never say die attitude which under SAF seperates us from the rest. All this luck bullshit makes me sick too...great teams create their own luck... unless you somehow believe the universe or perhaps god(?) somehow favors United over other teams?

Some people here really need to look at themselves before offering judgement about 'arrogance' and 'smugness'. Listen to what you actually say about United or the 'brilliance' of your own team and think 'would this be percieved as arrogant by a neutral or oppossing fan?'....In cases such as this the answer is a big fat YES! ...I often 'big' my team up, but I also offer praise when its due to other teams too, and has such have given Barca a lot recently.

I see united fans getting banned on here for the same things Barcelona fans are saying in equal (if not worse) measures. Fair enough its a Barca forum, but its ridiculous that some here want to do nothing other than pat each other on the back, and give such high praise to your team that its is only equalled by the damning verdicts you seem to offer for every other team.

Here's a very good test to spot the 'arrogant fan'. If your team wins on Saturday, you will claim them to be the best (rightly so), but If your team loses on Saturday you will still claim them to be the best....arrogance personified, and yet it will happen in large numbers here.

No doubt if United win on Saturday, it will be because of 'luck' or some other act of 'divine intervention' etc....seriously get a grip.

Yeah, its only Rooney, Hernandez and Valencia...

TBH I wouldn't be worried by Rooney either.........tho I would be worried by both Hernandez and Valencia.

Home of Barca Fans