2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Haha Jamie, you bastard.

I reckon when people were claiming you to be a closet-ManU fan and you were SO denying that lol.

Great to still see you being active on this forum, mate. :)

;) As i said, the majority knew...:lol: Thanks.

@Aasim, Anderson wasnt all over the place in Rome. We Totally fell apart when he went off. Oh and Carrick is a nailed on starter.

Last edited:

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
First goal as always in finals the most the important goal.

If Man U get the first goal then they are resolute enough to fight hard to keep the lead and have players who can exploit the space on the counter attack.

If Barca get the first goal then Man U will eventually need to go on the attack (they wouldn't do it straight away, they do it mid way into the 2nd half if for instance they concede on 20 mins). But It is definitely a possibility that If Barca do score first they will be relentless and could score 3 or 4 before Man U recover mentally.

I have made 2 score bets on the final £5 on each. Man U to win 2-1 and Barca to win 3-1.

I think those are the two most likely scores. I wonder if SAF looked to Arsenal to help him decide how to beat FCB. In that he lets us run around for 65 minutes in trying to keep the game close, brings on Nani/Berbatov and goes for the kill. Except obviously Nani/Berbatov > Walcott/Bendtner.

Xavi: Manchester United success the example to follow

Peerd

Notorious Demagogue
Really why is dutch media so shit?

They rated Vidic higher than Puyol, CARRICK(!!!!!) Higher than Busquets, EVRA higher than Abi. Chicharito higher than Villa, Park higher than pedro..

I am literally laughing.... holy crap they are a joke.... English blockhead Carrick better than Busi? LMAO.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
While I dont think he is better than Busquets (Close though) Carrick is a fantastic footballer in his own right. People often criticise him or being dominated in that final, but fuck sake, Who havent Xavi and Iniesta dominated?

He wasnt our worst player in that final. And hes a vital player for us, and always has been.

Creepy

Vidic' comments are justified. Majority of European football agree. Just take a look across all major footy forums.

Galning

Really why is dutch media so shit?

They rated Vidic higher than Puyol, CARRICK(!!!!!) Higher than Busquets, EVRA higher than Abi. Chicharito higher than Villa, Park higher than pedro..

I am literally laughing.... holy crap they are a joke.... English blockhead Carrick better than Busi? LMAO.

:lol:!!!

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
That was a close one.

While I dont think he is better than Busquets (Close though) Carrick is a fantastic footballer in his own right. People often criticise him or being dominated in that final, but fuck sake, Who havent Xavi and Iniesta dominated?

He wasnt our worst player in that final. And hes a vital player for us, and always has been.
:lol::lol: CLOSE TO BUSQUETS? CARRICK HAS NOTHING ON BUSQUETS LET ALONE ANY PLAYER IN OUR CANTERA OR FIRST TEAM. jeeeeez

W

WazzaRoon

Three teams I detest with all my heart-Real Madrid, Manchester Utd and CHelsea. Pinnacle of arrogance-smug bastards. The 2 managers I hate most-Mourinho and Ferguson.

I am still very wary of Utd though. They have the ability to win by playing the shittiest football. They were lucky against Chelsea and particularly Bayern. They'll be looking for that luck again come 28/5.

This comment itself is the most arrogant thing I've read on here.

Lucky against Chelsea and Bayern? We were easily the better side in both legs against Chelsea, so I don't see how it can be deemed lucky. And as for Bayern, we lost that tie on away goals, how is that luck on our part?. In the first leg, we conceded a deflected free kick and a last minute goal, with Rooney got injured late on. And at Old Trafford, we went 3-1 up only to have Rafael sent off for a very weak foul on Ribery. They got all the luck in that tie and I still think the worse team went through.

And as for Vidic's comments, can anybody really say he was wrong? Barcelona are known for their playacting as well as their football. Busquets is probably known as the worst in the world when it comes to diving and feigning injury. Not to mention you guys do have a tendency to hound the referee throughout the big games, putting pressure on him to make a decision. I've lost count of the amount of times Valdes has come storming out of his net to yell something to the ref. Like that other United fan said earlier, many of the quotes on here have been taken out of contest, and Vidic wasn't having a go at your team. He even said this in the same interview: "Barcelona are a great team and they have way of playing that’s nice to watch. There’s danger in the way that they play, but we’re a hard team as well".

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Think he means Nou Camp and Moscow mate. And we were not lucky in Moscow, should of been three up at half time and Chelseas goal took 2 deflections and Van Der Sar slipped. Chelsea were just as lucky.

W

woobie

Thing is, United fans can't really take the moral high ground when it comes to players surrounding refs when they want calls to go their way. Nor can they take the moral high ground when it comes to players who dive. So it probably isn't the most productive thing to do to start finger pointing.

W

WazzaRoon

Think he means Nou Camp and Moscow mate. And we were not lucky in Moscow, should of been three up at half time and Chelseas goal took 2 deflections and Van Der Sar slipped. Chelsea were just as lucky.

Ahh thanks for that. I just figured he'd be talking about something relevant to the final, rather than going back 12 years to whine about United. And I agree, people always forget that Chelsea's goal in that final was incredibly fortunate. It was a speculative 30 yard shot that deflected off both Rio and Vidic, landing right in Lampard's path as VDS slipped up.

Home of Barca Fans