2011 CL Final: FC Barcelona - Manchester United FC 3-1 - Champions!

X

xaviniesta

last time these two teams met, english media told that barca's weak pint is their defece and it turned out completely vice versa. let their media talk whatever they want - we talk on the pitch as always.

Unbiased United

:console: Unbiased

I'm pretty sure most of this latest arrogant Utd bashing is down to your captain's comments that Barca have a different opinion compared to Utd towards gamesmanship

Your a good guy El Estel...certainly very reasonable. I can understand why that would rustle some feathers, but its just mind games, nothing more. Everyone at United knows the quality of this Barca team. But also, I see far too many twisted quotes on here. Even from a moderator the other day...which is basically just hate mongering. The United camp has offered a lot of respect to Barca, but of course they are confident too.

last time these two teams met, english media told that barca's weak pint is their defece and it turned out completely vice versa. let their media talk whatever they want - we talk on the pitch as always.

Your right in a way. The Barca team and management does....Shame some fans here don't.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Your a good guy El Estel...certainly very reasonable. I can understand why that would rustle some feathers, but its just mind games, nothing more. Everyone at United knows the quality of this Barca team. But also, I see far too many twisted quotes on here. Even from a moderator the other day...which is basically just hate mongering. The United camp has offered a lot of respect to Barca, but of course they are confident too.

Your right in a way. The Barca team and management does....Shame some fans here don't.

Come on man, you got to ignore few...

Where have you been the last 2 months? :lol:

Think the majority knew anyway.

I've been around yeah... but mostly out of this thread. Whatever the quality discussion about tactics and stuff would happen, had all happened long ago. Now it's all the stuff being repeated any way

Unbiased United

Come on man, you got to ignore few...

I've been around yeah... but mostly out of this thread. Whatever the quality discussion about tactics and stuff would happen, had all happened long ago. Now it's all the stuff being repeated any way

Lol...I have ignored lots, but certain comments like the one I responded to, well, I just can't help myself. :(

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
scaled.php

Tw Pique: "Puyol and I stealing a picture of Cesc from Arsenal dressing's room!

:lol:

Unbiased United

Your bang on there. This thread was quality a few weeks back with proper thoughts and tactics talk....turned to shit recently though. Too much hating goin on.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Lol...I have ignored lots, but certain comments like the one I responded to, well, I just can't help myself. :(

But that's not all he said... He said more than 'They complain a lot' Not some thing you say as a responsible captain man!!

Anyway I'm waiting for Evra to run his mouth. He always had to suffer when he did so :lol:

Your bang on there. This thread was quality a few weeks back with proper thoughts and tactics talk....turned to shit recently though. Too much hating goin on.

of course it was bound to happen :D

Aasim

Bumbleman
Any possibility he plays Carrick?

Val-Fletch-Carr-Park
Roo
Chic

I know Anderson has improved since the last 2 years but he really was all over the place in Rome.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Haha Jamie, you bastard.

I reckon when people were claiming you to be a closet-ManU fan and you were SO denying that lol.

Great to still see you being active on this forum, mate. :)

Ilovefootball

My first post in some time.

First of all i want to thank the team for giving us all another great season with La Liga title and wins over RM.

Abouth the upcoming final, i am not as nervous as i should be and it's getting on my nerves. As the team always wins when i am nervous and shaking while watching the match, i hope this feelings come at the kick off.

About the team, i think its clear as day that both Puyol and Abidal will play and Masch will be benched, rightly so. If Abidal was not to play, he wouldn't have got those 70 mins against Malaga. His speed, positing and heading abilities will be crucial against ManU.

I think Pep has already leaked his approach to this game when he said ManU like RM are very good at counter attack and that they are similar in many ways. For me, this all points to that first leg of semifinal, where we will approach the game more cautiously than we used to before and thus Alves will not be making those forward runs more frequently. This has really given me more hope because ManU are excellent at counter attacking and if we approach cautiously, Sir Alex must change his game plans during the game which is not always easy.

Those 4 games against RM were useful to us not just for the results but it also gave Pep to come with a plan B when we line up against sides willing to give us possesion and then hit us on counter. Specially that 1st leg in Madrid, really taught us how we should approach the game against RM, Manu and Chelsea.

Being a final i don't want us to overcomit ourself unnecessarly. So, may be this is the reason for me not being as nervous as before, because i was always scared of counter attacks.

And i have no doubts, no matter what Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa and Pedro are good enough to give us a goal or two, if we stay compact at back.

To add, If i were Pep i would have a tv and DVD player ready in the dressing room and show the players footage of that scum Mourinho running in Camp Nou after that CL semi loss in case we are loosing by half time or not playing well.

Visca Barca.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
First goal as always in finals the most the important goal.

If Man U get the first goal then they are resolute enough to fight hard to keep the lead and have players who can exploit the space on the counter attack.

If Barca get the first goal then Man U will eventually need to go on the attack (they wouldn't do it straight away, they do it mid way into the 2nd half if for instance they concede on 20 mins). But It is definitely a possibility that If Barca do score first they will be relentless and could score 3 or 4 before Man U recover mentally.

I have made 2 score bets on the final £5 on each. Man U to win 2-1 and Barca to win 3-1.

Home of Barca Fans