2015 CL Final: Barca - Juve 3-1 !!!CAMPIONS!!!

Antimadridista1

True that, but I think that most of our fans are those who have been trough those dark times, I mean lets be honest, before this CL Final the world would have slighted Juventus. Our exposure on International Competitions had been very poor until now. Most of the new fans or gloryhunters wouldn't have put an eye on our team, specially since everybody seems to think that our Championships are bought and that the Serie A is awful. Our market must be pretty slim compared to teams who have had recent international success such as Barcelona. This year a lot of people must have jumped in the boat, as they did with Borussia or Atlético on previous years, that's for sure.

I guess that's the world's perspective of Barcelona, just as the world perceives us as cheaters because of the Calciopoli. Stupid stereotypes that keep being perpetuated unfounded. We should just ignore those kind of comments. Personally I'm pretty positive towards the final, I believe that Marchisio is better than Busquets, Vidal is better than Rakitic and Pogba is better than Iniesta at the moment, that our defense is pretty solid and that our attack could give you trouble, I don't think that's arrogant or disrespectful. Deluded? Probably you could call me that if you see things different. One of our fans saying that we'd make it to the final would have been called deluded too. Taking into account what must of us have been trough in the last 10 years, as I said before, give us the right to at least be positive about the game and be happy to be in the final against a side like Barcelona.

Thankfully I can say the same about Barcelona, personally I don't like the team, I do love Messi and Iniesta and think highly of Neymar, but as a team you're not my favorite, I like you better than Real Madrid at least :p. But I do respect the club. If we lose probably I'll be mad and curse against your team, but I guess that's just expected from every other fan in a Champions League Final. I still hope we win, Buffon lifting the CL trophy in the same stadium he lifted the WC 9 years before after all the shit he has been trough would be a dream for every Juventus fan, seems like fairy tale.

See, things like the one bellow are way more disrespectful in my opinion. Real Madrid fans did this same sort of stuff, but I don't really mind it.

Well, this is your opinion but I think that we both know that what you're saying is not completey true.

Since Pogba came back from injury, he didn't play well. I watched the games against Inter Milano, Lazio and Hellas Verone lately. I don't know what can make you say that at the moment, Pogba is better than Iniesta. Is it because we're interested by him ?

Concerning Busquets... Well, I'm not surprised by your statement because he's probably the most under-rated player in our team and in Europe. Here, we know his true value here and I can tell you that he's the best defensive midfielder in the world. Vidal better than Rakitic, well... both players have an amazing work-rate, technically I think that Rakitic is above him, he progressed a lot this season but all these players we're talking about are "cracks".

Anyway, what I can tell you is that against every opponent we played this season in Champions League, we heard the same ; ManCity/PSG/Bayern fans all said that their team was over-all better than ours and that only Messi is special. I'm just warning you ; I think you're probably gonna be surprised on Saturday by the quality of the players that you're under-rating.

Good match and good luck though. Let's not forget that it's a nothing more than a game that we're here to enjoy.

RevoTeller

You don't know what most of our fans have been through in the last 10 years.

So is Juventus the "victim" now? :lol:
Please.

[youtube]rDFdQuvJEO0[/youtube]

A football chant was never more appropriate than this.

Juventuz forum moderator i think. I love how i get to discover other teams forums before our games against them and see nonsense like this. I feel privileged.

What a tool.

Last edited:

RevoTeller

Anyway, Atletico defense is still better than Juventus' and Barça beat them multiple times this year.
Only things to concern about are:

- it's a final, a different game compared to a normal one, and anything can happen. Our players must be mentally prepared for this fact (but I trust them, they have played so many finals in the last years..);

- never underestimating your opponent, maximum concentrantion for the whole 90 minutes;

- to study well and deeply Juventus football style under Allegri: they changed a lot in this regard this year;

- be cold and focused the whole game: best thing for us would be to score an early goal, in that case Juventus tactics will have to change and they will concede a lot in order to equalize; at that point, Barça quality could definitely kill them with MSN.
However, if we don't manage to score an early goal, we will have to keep calm and focused, avoiding Pirlo's freekicks or Juventus headers from corners and paying attention to the sneaky Tevez and Morata upfront; we also must avoid to go in disadvantage, because at that point Juventus will park their king kongs in defence and it could be very difficult for us to break through it;

- Messi must be 100% fit and 100% focused.

If this 5 points are going to be respected, we will trash Juve with our enormously superior quality.

Bran the Greenseer

All our games since the classico have gone the same way basically, thrash them early then go on cruise mode for the second half except in the home game against Bayern. Hopefully we don't go into cruise control if we're only up one or two. I hope everyone is hungry to get on the scoresheet and win this game.

Asylum15

Anyway, Atletico defense is still better than Juventus' and Barça beat them multiple times this year.
Only things to concern about are:

- it's a final, a different game compared to a normal one, and anything can happen. Our players must be mentally prepared for this fact (but I trust them, they have played so many finals in the last years..);

- never underestimating your opponent, maximum concentrantion for the whole 90 minutes;

- to study well and deeply Juventus football style under Allegri: they changed a lot in this regard this year;

- be cold and focused the whole game: best thing for us would be to score an early goal, in that case Juventus tactics will have to change and they will concede a lot in order to equalize; at that point, Barça quality could definitely kill them with MSN.
However, if we don't manage to score an early goal, we will have to keep calm and focused, avoiding Pirlo's freekicks or Juventus headers from corners and paying attention to the sneaky Tevez and Morata upfront; we also must avoid to go in disadvantage, because at that point Juventus will park their king kongs in defence and it could be very difficult for us to break through it;

- Messi must be 100% fit and 100% focused.

If this 5 points are going to be respected, we will trash Juve with our enormously superior quality.

Question: Is this season's Atleti still as good defensively as last year? I think Felipe Luis has been a huge loss for them and Juanfran's form has been laughable. Also, Miranda hasn't been any where near as effective as last year. I think they aren't as 'solid,' this year.

However, this must also coincide with the fact that we are no longer a 'pass from side to side' team that aims for 70% possession instead of just doing 2-3 passes and scoring a goal. We also relied way too hard on Messi to make something happen to open spaces last year. We now have the best trio in the world, and with Raki, we have the ability to really hurt teams in new ways.

RevoTeller

Question: Is this season's Atleti still as good defensively as last year? I think Felipe Luis has been a huge loss for them and Juanfran's form has been laughable. Also, Miranda hasn't been any where near as effective as last year. I think they aren't as 'solid,' this year.

However, this must also coincide with the fact that we are no longer a 'pass from side to side' team that aims for 70% possession instead of just doing 2-3 passes and scoring a goal. We also relied way too hard on Messi to make something happen to open spaces last year. We now have the best trio in the world, and with Raki, we have the ability to really hurt teams in new ways.

No, you are right: Atletico defense is worse than last year, but last year it honestly was the best defense in the world of football.
Still, I don't see them to be any worse than Juventus', which I find to be overrated: Chiellini is a wrestler with football shoes while Bonucci is overrated: propaganda makes it seems they still have prime Thuram, Cannavaro and Zambrotta in their line-up while it isn't exaclty like that. :lol:
The true great defender they have (who also is incredibly the most underrated) is Barzagli, but he isn't 100% fit after a long stop in this season.
The department which truly makes the difference for Juve is their midfield, not their defense.

Last edited:

Asylum15

No, you are right: Atletico defense is worse than last year, but last year it honestly was the best defense in the world of football.
Still, I don't see them to be any worse than Juventus', which I find to be overrated: Chiellini is a wrestler with football shoes while Bonucci is overrated: propaganda makes it seems they still have prime Thuram, Cannavaro and Zambrotta in their line-up while it isn't exaclty like that. :lol:
The true great defender they have (who also is incredibly the most underrated) is Barzagli, but he isn't 100% fit after a long stop in this season.
The department which truly makes the difference for Juve is their midfield, not their defense.

I'd also be confident that Neymar could make Lichtsteiner cry his eyes out on Saturday.

raskolnikov

All our games since the classico have gone the same way basically, thrash them early then go on cruise mode for the second half except in the home game against Bayern. Hopefully we don't go into cruise control if we're only up one or two. I hope everyone is hungry to get on the scoresheet and win this game.
There is no reason to go into cruisermode anymore since this is the last game, we go all out against Juve!

Icarium

Lifestealer
There will no cruise control or anything like that. We will go with all guns blazing over the entire 90 minutes. Juve will struggle to make plays, their only hope is sit back and counter.

dakt

It's enough that they score one lucky goal or penalty and close the game until the final whistle.
They beat RM in two legs. They only have to beat us once.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It's enough that they score one lucky goal or penalty and close the game until the final whistle.

That will be their aim. I think juve has the toughest defense of all the teams we faced until now. Real test for MSN. If they struggle match will go down to wire. Team who takes their chances will win. But if MSN clicks I don't see juve matching us offensively. All depends on how good the trio plays and how well juve stops our trio.

red dragon2

If we play to our best we will blow them away in 20 minutes. The pace of our attacks, the precision in our build up and the intensity of our pressing is devastating. We are playing incredible football. It reminds me of liverpool last season with their lightning quick moves, but we have more intelligent pressing schemes, positional midfield play and individual talent.
Remember, we have the most accomplished player the game has seen since Pele, the best young player in the world, and the best 9 in the world. Behind them, we have Iniesta, Rakitic, Busi, pique, Alba, Alves. A hugely talented group of players.
I am interested in how we matchup to 5 man defence (if that is what they play), how will our fbs play in that case? We will need Rakitic to make constant runs off the ball as Luis will be surrounded by 3 cbs, Neymar against Lichsteiner and Marchisio/pogba. Messi will be kicked all day by vidal etc. Rakitic's runs will be crucial to breaking through the lines.

King Leo

Banned

You got it. That's what we need to watch for. Carlitos can cause problems at times. Not to mention he has what it takes to score a screamer. While our team in theory is stronger and all odds are against Juve but things can happen and you bet they will close the gate if they score first.

adRHCP

So is Juventus the "victim" now? :lol:
Please.

[youtube]rDFdQuvJEO0[/youtube]

A football chant was never more appropriate than this.

:goodpost:

Busquets is far superior to Marchisio, and I've watched a number of your CL/domestic games this season. The reason Sergio is regarded as the best DM is not necessarily because of his ability to tackle/read the game which we all know is amazing, but it is his ability to seemingly ALWAYS make the right decision with/without the ball. I can't begin to describe the amount of times I see him be given a pass where he is surrounded and that 99% of players would give away, or panic etc, but Sergio seems to always find another Barca shirt. He isin't as mobile as Marchisio, but for plain footballing intelligence, he's in a different league IMO.

Pogba has a whole HEAP to do before he's 'better' than Iniesta. Pogba is still far too raw/unpolished to be compared to Andres, even though he's a huge talent. Iniesta is not playing at the level of maybe a few years back, but when he has the ball at his feet, there is few players with his ability to 'glide' away from players and be the 'assist of the assister.'

Vidal and Rakitic is a fair shout. Raki makes us tick, and is about as non-flashy as you'd get. Vidal is much more 'action' and running, but he also has technical qualities. I would NOT swap Raki for Vidal however for this Barca team. Raki's characteristics are exactly what we needed, and plus, his girlfriend is insanely hot.

Probably what you say it's true. I just prefer Marchisio for our style, as you say comparing Rakitic and Vidal, I wouldn't swap Marchisio for Busquets, neither Vidal for Rakitic, simply because they suit our style better. This is a reason I have high expectation for this match, both teams, unlike some otherss, have a defined style, both teams are assembled by players that clearly suit the style of each other.

Well, this is your opinion but I think that we both know that what you're saying is not completey true.

Since Pogba came back from injury, he didn't play well. I watched the games against Inter Milano, Lazio and Hellas Verone lately. I don't know what can make you say that at the moment, Pogba is better than Iniesta. Is it because we're interested by him ?

Concerning Busquets... Well, I'm not surprised by your statement because he's probably the most under-rated player in our team and in Europe. Here, we know his true value here and I can tell you that he's the best defensive midfielder in the world. Vidal better than Rakitic, well... both players have an amazing work-rate, technically I think that Rakitic is above him, he progressed a lot this season but all these players we're talking about are "cracks".

Anyway, what I can tell you is that against every opponent we played this season in Champions League, we heard the same ; ManCity/PSG/Bayern fans all said that their team was over-all better than ours and that only Messi is special. I'm just warning you ; I think you're probably gonna be surprised on Saturday by the quality of the players that you're under-rating.

Good match and good luck though. Let's not forget that it's a nothing more than a game that we're here to enjoy.

I'm not necesarily talking about the last 3 or 4 games, I was talking about the whole year. Recently I can only say Pogba has had a good match against Napoli, and I hope we see him giving a good match against Barcelona too.

Seems like a touched a soft spot talking about Busquets with everyone here, so I'm going to leave him aside. And yeah I get the same impression about Vidal and Rakitic here, they're both great players and you guys got Rakitic for such a low price that he must be your best signing of the season.

I don't think I'm underrating anyone here, I pretty much rate your entire team highly. I just like some of our players better, that's it.

Agree, hope everyone gets to enjoy the match and it doesn't give us a heart-attack.

Home of Barca Fans