2022 Ballon d'Or

KingLeo10

Where them league titles at though

4 League titles is not bad. He underachieved in the league but so did CR7 because Messi and Barca were too dominant for many of the years.

So, that's a minus for Benz but is more than offset by other big titles. :mou:

JamDav1982

I completely agree. Iniesta and Xavi have the greatest resumes in football history.

:coffee: A fair bit of praise/conjecture for Benz doesn't discount that I know my Barca legends.

Ramos has better than Benzema does even if wins WC.

All three recently so not an unheard of resume.

Impressive nonetheless.

KingLeo10

Ramos has better than Benzema does even if wins WC.

All three recently so not an unheard of resume.

Impressive nonetheless.

Ramos wasn't the main reason for Spain's dominance/big trophies. He was obviously an important contributor but more like a Rakitic during 14/15 type contribution. Probably couldn't win it all without him but he wasn't MSN tier of influence.

malvolio

If he wins France a WC....we're talking about an unheard of resume. 4 CL + WC is different gravy.

A convicted criminal at the end of the day. I'm curious if they give him the Ballon D'or, provided he wins LL and CL of course.

Sadio Mane should be in with a shout, no? Won the AFCON(as mvp), qualified for WC and on route to win it all with Liverpool. At this point he has a stronger case than Salah.

JamDav1982

Ramos wasn't the main reason for Spain's dominance/big trophies. He was obviously an important contributor but more like a Rakitic during 14/15 type contribution. Probably couldn't win it all without him but he wasn't MSN tier of influence.

Ramos was hugely important in those Spain wins and more important than Benz in the CL wins.

Better resume and Benz would be far from unmatched.

MSN is irrelevant.

Anyway back to original statement about unheard of resume. False. Simple as that.

Iniesta/Ramos and others have better.

JamDav1982

A convicted criminal at the end of the day. I'm curious if they give him the Ballon D'or, provided he wins LL and CL of course.

Sadio Mane should be in with a shout, no? Won the AFCON(as mvp), qualified for WC and on route to win it all with Liverpool. At this point he has a stronger case than Salah.

Messi/Ronaldo found guilty in court and made little difference.

Mane not been nearly as good as Salah who would be fav ahead of him now if Liverpool win CL/league etc.

Mane would have to have a huge finish to season in these games to have any chance.

malvolio

Messi/Ronaldo found guilty in court and made little difference.

Mane not been nearly as good as Salah who would be fav ahead of him now if Liverpool win CL/league etc.

Mane would have to have a huge finish to season in these games to have any chance.

Yeah, but those were for tax fraud and they didn't get a prison sentence(suspended or otherwise) just fines.

Mane scored winning penalties to win AFCON and qualify for WC. Salah shit the bed on both occasions. For Livepool, Salah has been better, no contest.

JamDav1982

Yeah, but those were for tax fraud and they didn't get a prison sentence(suspended or otherwise) just fines.

Mane scored winning penalties to win AFCON and qualify for WC. Salah shit the bed on both occasions. For Livepool, Salah has been better, no contest.

All guilty of crimes and none of them been to jail.

Ronaldo has more or less admitted to **** and even that doesnt have impact.

Mane had better team that won on pens in AFCON I doubt it will be a huge factor.

Cant see Mane finishes above Salah in voting if Liverpool win CL/league unless he strong finish to season in those comps.

Home of Barca Fans