2024/25 Preseason

Loki

Lewy good enough to get a chance as Victor's backup this season?

IMO no.
Should this be funny? People need to get some realism. Football is not only about running. Lewy has still one of the best, if not the best LaLiga finish in front of the goal. As long as I didn't miss some generation striker talent in LaMasia or some €100+m lying around to sign a worldclass striker, Lewy gonna continue to be the best and safest option for the coming season, because of a simple reason: We don't have anyone better than him, nor can we sign one currently.

Porque

Pau Victor can play on the left, on the right and uptop well. Today he had a class game from the right. If he can translate that with consistency to proper games then we got a player.

And it shouldn't even affect Roque if he stayed around. Roque's movement opens up so much space. If he could establish himself the reputation that he scores, then the team would be much better with him in it.

jamrock

Based off the pre season, the FB position should be set, I wouldn't even buy cancelo for more than 15m.

Between
Balde
Kounde
Fort
Araujo
Martinez
Valle
Faye*

We should be sorted.

mc_lovin

Based off the pre season, the FB position should be set, I wouldn't even buy cancelo for more than 15m.

Between
Balde
Kounde
Fort
Araujo
Martinez
Valle
Faye*

We should be sorted.
Yeah, preseason means nothing unfortunately. That being said, I hope we are spared of Cancelo. I don't trust him at all.

JamDav1982

Cancelo and Felix are only really linked still due to Laporta/Mendes.

There is not a world where any sane planning wants those two when have such other areas needing addressed.

Can see why they would want a more attacking full backs to fit with what Yamal and Raphinha are good at and also to give option of Kounde at CB at times but Cancelo doesnt seem it for any decent fee.

jamrock

Yeah, preseason means nothing unfortunately. That being said, I hope we are spared of Cancelo. I don't trust him at all.
True, but fort and Araujo showed they can play in la Liga against mid tier teams at least, and with Kounde and balde as starts.

Well 3 of those 4 are natural RBs to be fair.

JamDav1982

Araujo was not great for Las Palmas.

He had pace and little else.

Cant see him being seen as a solution.

If he was on market right now I am not sure Barca would get more than 3/4/5m for him.

mc_lovin

Fort is 18 and barely had a run of games. I wouldn't say he has shown he can play in La Liga, it takes more than ~300 minutes for that. He looks promising though.

JamDav1982

In event of injury to Kounde in current squad I dont think Araujo would be ahead of Fort.

Even then I dont think Araujo would be ahead of R Araujo at RB or Balde if case arose and Faye/Valle could play LB.

Just can see them rating Araujo enough to be there as back up.

Reality is they want Cancelo and will probably over pay for him on a contract until he is 35... but maybe he is easier to shift to SA after a couple of years than some others.

Some reports that Kante is done deal if Barca want him also.

Porque

Rightback is going to an issue. There is nothing behind Kounde from what we have seen so far. Fort is the big hope but looks better at LB.

Valle is filling in well but never going to be a RB solution. Ideally we have to make a choice out of him and Gerard Martin for LB. Best thing we can do is loan Valle to LaLiga and see what he does in a season there rather than Segunda. He is one of those tidy technical fullbacks that do well at clubs like Villarreal (just an example, they just signed Cardona).

If there was money available I would have tried to put that 20/25m on Yan Couto.

Horatio

You're welcome
fell asleep during ht. Exercised during the day. Checked summary. Lovely 2nd goal where Pau targeted right side of goal outsmarting Courtois while coming in sliding.

jamrock

Rightback is going to an issue. There is nothing behind Kounde from what we have seen so far. Fort is the big hope but looks better at LB.

Valle is filling in well but never going to be a RB solution. Ideally we have to make a choice out of him and Gerard Martin for LB. Best thing we can do is loan Valle to LaLiga and see what he does in a season there rather than Segunda. He is one of those tidy technical fullbacks that do well at clubs like Villarreal (just an example, they just signed Cardona).

If there was money available I would have tried to put that 20/25m on Yan Couto.
Right footed LB, never a good idea, I think fort will lock down the back up right back spot next season, it's only pre season but he looked good yesterday.

Araujo is also definitely capable of being a sub.

Bigger question mark is LB imo, after balde their is nothing coming up, Valle isn't ready, Martin either, maybe Faye can play there, as a defensive LB.

Home of Barca Fans