23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

Yes, and on the accounts of 21/22 0m expenditure is registered for Torres, while on the accounts of 22/23 20m will be registered.
That along with his not big wages means Torres is not burdening the books

Again it is not relevant to any point being made when discussing what is available to spend this summer and the most likely scenario is any player signed will be on next years accounts anyway and this years account they willl try to balance off with CVC/Corporate deals.

Torres absoultely impacts clubs ablility to spend this summer.

serghei

How City allowed it to happen doesnt really make any difference to the point. It is money they have decided to spend that impacts what is available this summer.

Paying Christensen/Kessie 25m a season between them and being happy to do the same for likes of Busquets and Alba is serious money.

What do you mean being happy to do the same with Busi and Alba? The contracts of these veterans are the work of Bartomeu, they are inherited.

Kessie's salary is ok for a free player. I hear it is structured with a good part of it being related to performance and objective bonuses.

What we did so far is proof the money is low, not that we have plenty of it like you're making it appear.

Birdy

Again it is not relevant to any point being made when discussing what is available to spend this summer and the most likely scenario is any player signed will be on next years accounts anyway and this years account they willl try to balance off with CVC/Corporate deals.

Torres absoultely impacts clubs ablility to spend this summer.

He impacts clubs ability this summer as much as his meager wage and 1st installment are concerned: very little or not at all

serghei

What makes you so sure this CVC deal will be signed? The previous one was shite and was overturned by Barcelona wasn't it? For all we know there might be no CVC deal. Until it is signed that money don't exist.

JamDav1982

What do you mean being happy to do the same with Busi and Alba? The contracts of these veterans are the work of Bartomeu, they are inherited.

Kessie's salary is ok for a free player. I hear it is structured with a good part of it being related to performance and objective bonuses.

What we did so far is proof the money is low, not that we have plenty of it like you're making it appear.

They could tell Busi/Alba their time is up but and attempt to replace them.. which they wont do and will pay their salaries and see them as amongst best in world in their positions.

Kessies and Christen cost club 25m a season between them. The argument is not if they are worth it but it is about spending of club and deals they are making.

Barca spending 60m on players and signing players on 12/13m a year is not them as broke as you would like to make out.

They will find ways to spend more again. Wait and see.

serghei

They could tell Busi/Alba their time is up but and attempt to replace them.. which they wont do and will pay their salaries and see them as amongst best in world in their positions.

Kessies and Christen cost club 25m a season between them. The argument is not if they are worth it but it is about spending of club and deals they are making.

Barca spending 60m on players and signing players on 12/13m a year is not them as broke as you would like to make out.

Pfff... get rid of Alba, and play who at LB? There is no one. Might not have even made top 4. Alba is the team's best assist maker if I remember well.

If your barometer for being rich is giving some medium wages for players you got for free... I have no words. A club that hasn't won shit in ages like Tottenham is probably richer than Barca right now. Actually not probably, but for sure.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What makes you so sure this CVC deal will be signed? The previous one was shite and was overturned by Barcelona wasn't it? For all we know there might be no CVC deal. Until it is signed that money don't exist.

Apparently the CVC deal doesn't bring us enough money that we want and we are talking to other sources of funds of up to 900m, but CVC seems to be a quite safe bet to fall back on if everything else fails.

I honestly don't think we can get players like Kounde and Tchouameni who come with huge price tags, not to mention fierce competition. The finances simply don't allow it. We have a gaping hole to fill to meet the 765m budget before June 30th, otherwise it will be another year with a loss.

serghei

Apparently the CVC deal doesn't bring us enough money that we want and we are talking to other sources of funds of up to 900m, but CVC seems to be quite safe bet to fall back on if everything else fails.

I honestly don't think we can get players like Kounde and Tchouameni who come with huge price tags, not to mention fierce competition. The finances simply don't allow it. We have a gaping hole to fill to meet the 765m budget before June 30th, otherwise it will be another year with a loss.

I agree. That's the reality of it.

We're probably rich in comparison with most clubs, but compared with the clubs that we'd have to compete for quality players, we're skint. At least until I see some proof that we aren't. The proof would be getting even one high-profile player that big clubs are after. Tchouameni and Kounde fit that description based on what I'm reading and the clubs being linked with them. Get one of them without selling De Jong and that would convince me that we're recovering financially.

Until then, I'm for sure not buying what Jammie is selling here.

JamDav1982

I agree. That's the reality of it.

We're probably rich in comparison with most clubs, but compared with the clubs that we'd have to compete for quality players, we're skint. Until I see some proof that we aren't. I repeat, getting even one top hunted player that the big clubs are after would convince me that we're recovering financially.

Until then, I'm for sure not buying what Jammie is selling here.

Barca are not skint to point could not complete the deal being quoted for Haaland.

You believe it is all about finances though. Buying what the club are selling.

vuji_31

60mil clause and 24mil per season is not that crazy. Selling few players on summer would sort most of it.

Home of Barca Fans