23 - Jules Kounde

fergus90

Great game again, can't wait to see him back at CB.
But why? He's a genuinely great RB. In today's footballing climate they are so difficult to come by. They are mostly failed wingers who cannot defend.

This guy for Barca and France is consistently very good at RB, hardly ever gets flustered by pacey wingers.

By moving him CB not only do you not get the best Kounde, you also get a worse right back replacing him.

jamrock

But why? He's a genuinely great RB. In today's footballing climate they are so difficult to come by. They are mostly failed wingers who cannot defend.

This guy for Barca and France is consistently very good at RB, hardly ever gets flustered by pacey wingers.

By moving him CB not only do you not get the best Kounde, you also get a worse right back replacing him.

I think people have forgotten how good he was at CB before joining us, the fact that he hadn't been able to get a run of games in his best position, is allowing people to have recency bias.

He's done a great job adapting to the RB spot. But that only makes me believe even more that once he gets a run of games at CB, it will be the exact same thing.

I agree with you re who would we play at RB, but if we get someone their, he should be played at CB.

I genuinely believe he's our best CB once in form.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I think people have forgotten how good he was at CB before joining us, the fact that he hadn't been able to get a run of games in his best position, is allowing people to have recency bias.

He's done a great job adapting to the RB spot. But that only makes me believe even more that once he gets a run of games at CB, it will be the exact same thing.

I agree with you re who would we play at RB, but if we get someone their, he should be played at CB.

I genuinely believe he's our best CB once in form.

Like Raphinha, I am an advocate of keeping both him & Jules but in terms of FFP and integrating an additional winger and DM means sales

When I see the depth chart at CB: Cubarsi, Araujo, Eric, Iñigo, Andreas, Mika & Jules - I think my opinion hasn’t changed since I posted about it back in May, how can we not sell Jules? At best, he’d play as a RCB and at LCB there is Pau, Iñigo, Andreas & Mika

I’d be happy if he stayed because I see his value but I believe we are loaded at CB and it makes sense to make a sale here…and not Araujo

Porque

Unless we sign a top rightback though, then Kounde has alot of squad usage as he is the best RB in LaLiga.

Logically best to sell would be Araujo, since his salary is low by top tier rates (and needs to be renewed) and he has alot of consistent injury issues.

100% fit and on form, he is our best defender and the best one on one option for a high line and fast forwards though. But intelligent sacrifices have to be made.

And FFP he benefits much more.

Messi983

From pure FFP perspective selling Araujo over Kounde would make more sense. Jules still has around 30m of unamortized value while Araujo would be almost full net profit whatever we would sell him for. And we would most likely get a bigger fee for him as well.

Also from their contractual situation Jules has a year longer on his contract. We'll have to make a decision about Araujo one way or another over next few months if we don't want to get into the Dembele situation where he'll have all the power getting into last 12 months of his contract.

Ofc his injury now all but excludes a sale this summer.

Another factor that is in Kounde's favor besides his versatility is his availability. He's almost never injured.

jamrock

Keep both sell the dutch man, buy a RB

RB-------Araujo------Kounde------Balde.

When everyone settles, has the makings of a top 5 defense in the game, Xavi saw it and tried to play it as much as possible, when everyone was fit, but injuries prevented.

Flick will likely do the same.

But if we have to sell players

Dutch guy
Raphinha
Araujo/Kounde.

Are indeed the players we could sell that will bring in the most cash and affect the team the least.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Is Ron really an injury concern? I don’t see that as a big factor. The bigger issue is that the guy bleeds blaugrana vs Jules, in defense that is a key factor. Jules’ versatility is enticing but I’d take Araujo everyday

Porque

Brother wants to try and cement a move back to CB while there are a number of absentees.

Jules, I see your play. You should have taken the holiday.

companyofcules

We need Kounde as part of our starting CB partnership, where he belongs and makes us strongest.

LW, DM and RB if possible would be the order. An attacking minded RB since the other options are defensive. Frimpong would be great.
Kounde is RB
That's it, been that for all his life.

Co0ter

Kounde is RB
That's it, been that for all his life.
Bro you are way too cocky for someone that is off the mark regularly. He's 25 and was a CB until he was forced to play RB under Xavi recently. These are facts, not some random things you say to yourself over and over again until you're delusional enough to think that makes them real.

Take it down a notch. No one actually gives a shit about how special you think you are, bud. Maybe your mum, the rest of us not so much.

Home of Barca Fans