23 - Jules Kounde

Temptation

Koulibally is times better than this guy, but Xavi is a spoiled hard-head guy with strong protections from our management.

Exactly. I gave my verdict on this long back. Koulibaly is an actually world class defender with great mentality and leadership qualities. He's a complete defender. He can have a VVD-at-LFC esque effect on your backline. The leader.

malvolio

This Koulibaly guy is being talked about for years now. Yet no big club went for him. Instead they chose to pursue other targets.

He probably is a good defender, but we shouldn't invest in him at 31.

Temptation

This Koulibaly guy is being talked about for years now. Yet no big club went for him. Instead they chose to pursue other targets.

Because Napoli always set a massive price on him and didn't wanna let go. He's so awesome that they were desperate to keep him somehow.

Kinda like Kane got stuck at Spurs.

Happens at these pretending-to-be-elite biggish clubs.

Toughest clubs for players to get a move.

Andresito

Staff member

De Laurentiis has always wanted close to 100m for him. He was very close to United before they in the end opted for Maguire as he was like 10m cheaper, knew the league etc. It's a bit like us getting Dembele instead of Mbappe. Easy to see the mistake in hindsight.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
De Laurentiis has always wanted close to 100m for him. He was very close to United before they in the end opted for Maguire as he was like 10m cheaper, knew the league etc. It's a bit like us getting Dembele instead of Mbappe. Easy to see the mistake in hindsight.

Was also close to City when they instead decided to get Ruben Dias because De Laurentiis wasn't willing to sit down and negotiate for anything less than 100m+.

Also, what's with all this Kounde hate all of a sudden that I see here? :lol:

He's been one of the best CBs in La Liga for the last 2-3 years. He's not tall sure, but he's very quick, agile, great on the ball, and combative despite his short height.

There's been multiple great CBs on the shorter side. Some people are just dumb.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I swear all of the guys hating on Kounde and calling him shit while twerking for Koulibaly have probably not seen both play. Will put money on them also being shocked when they realize Koulibaly is *just* about 1.85/1.86m.

mc_lovin

Most importantly Kounde is just so much fun to watch (pretty much the only CB I would say this about). Great player.

Devils

jules-kounde-jordi-alba.jpeg

Wanted him ever since.

Barcilliant

I swear all of the guys hating on Kounde and calling him shit while twerking for Koulibaly have probably not seen both play. Will put money on them also being shocked when they realize Koulibaly is *just* about 1.85/1.86m.

Koulibaly is just better. He's the finished product. If he can give us three good years that would suffice. I am getting average vibes for Kounde. I honestly think he's overrated and once he comes here he'll be exposed.
It's just that Xavi is a complete dick and thinks he knows everything. I'm hoping Chelsea take Kounde and we get Koulibaly. We've had enough bad experiences with Frenchies but this club never learns.

Home of Barca Fans