23 - Jules Kounde

Birdy

FYR7p8CWAAYXmh3

Time to rectify some colossal historical mistakes.

The photo above is all CBs Barca signed the last 11 or so years, at the beginning in hope of replacing Puyol, and then in upgrading the defense in GENERAL.
Apart from Ronald, ALL OF THEM have FAILED MISERABLY, and the jury is out for Eric and Christensen

Getting Kounde is getting it RIGHT for almost the 1st time in close to 12 years

Co0ter

Target would be Bernardo in that scenario, but any [near] world class fullback we could potentially add?

Ideally, selling Frenkie for the sake of the overall squad would be the best choice. We have a lot of quality at CM despite him, but we would be really betting on the youngsters continuing to develop in order for the midfield to not get run over by quality opposition.

Big fan of Silva, but 80mil on him wouldn't significantly strengthen the squad. Using the money on a top quality, younger LB would however. Who? I unfortunately don't know.

Azi for RB coverage, give Dest another season and use Kounde/Araujo as back up RB. I don't see the point in spending money on Alonso though if we were to bring in a younger LB. Alba still has legs, just not for every single game anymore.

JamDav1982

They miss Masch who although was signed as DM was class and pure leader at CB.

The last vocal leader Barca had on pitch. Every bit up there with Puyol on that front.

Araujo was getting it right, Mina made 20m+ off of, Eric is a good 3rd 4th option and not as bad as made out, Todibo will make close to 20m from, Christensen is a good signing for free.

No doubt got a lot wrong but if can have Kounde, Araujo, Christensen and Garcia as 4 options that is good going and an outlay of around 60m odd probably.

Zidane82

They miss Masch who although was signed as DM was class and pure leader at CB.

The last vocal leader Barca had on pitch. Every bit up there with Puyol on that front.

Araujo was getting it right, Mina made 20m+ off of, Eric is a good 3rd 4th option and not as bad as made out, Todibo will make close to 20m from, Christensen is a good signing for free.

No doubt got a lot wrong but if can have Kounde, Araujo, Christensen and Garcia as 4 options that is good going and an outlay of around 60m odd probably.
Maybe we really do need Azpli then

Co0ter

FYR7p8CWAAYXmh3

Time to rectify some colossal historical mistakes.

The photo above is all CBs Barca signed the last 11 or so years, at the beginning in hope of replacing Puyol, and then in upgrading the defense in GENERAL.
Apart from Ronald, ALL OF THEM have FAILED MISERABLY, and the jury is out for Eric and Christensen

Getting Kounde is getting it RIGHT for almost the 1st time in close to 12 years

Have to disagree. Mathieu was overall a good signing for us, although we got him when he was a bit older. Umtiti and Vermaelen both played well when healthy.....which wasn't often.

Birdy

Mathieu was terrible, getting exposed by midtable LL attackers
Being injured constantly makes a transfer failed

Umtiti at the beginning seemed like a hit, but if you consider that the grace period lasted only 2 seasons, and then we have 4 seasons (and counting...) where he is one of the biggest sporting and financial liabilities, overall his transfer is one of the worst ever

JamDav1982

Mathieu was decent. Had some very good games.

Cant forget his header v Real and his corker of a FK.

Araujo has clearly worked out and made money off of others on that graphic.

Masch as said was best of lot to replace Puyol.

Slevinn

What do you guys think about going after Theo with the Frenkie money (if he does leave)? I know he just signed a
new contract but given Milan?s lack of ambition he might want to join us.
A wc LB would improve us more than Bernardo imo. A RB even more but I can?t see any available.

But first let?s actually get Kounde.

Co0ter

Mathieu was terrible, getting exposed by midtable LL attackers
Being injured constantly makes a transfer failed

Umtiti at the beginning seemed like a hit, but if you consider that the grace period lasted only 2 seasons, and then we have 4 seasons (and counting...) where he is one of the biggest sporting and financial liabilities, overall his transfer is one of the worst ever

I don't consider a player failing due to injuries being the fault of the club or due to lack of planning. Umtiti has been leeching money off us since. While it is frustrating as a fan, it is hard to fail and see why he's doing it from his point of view.

Mathieu was a solid back up and not that expensive, he saved us a lot with his pace. He made some errors, but nothing close to Lenglet or Eric Garcia last season levels.

xXKonan

Mathieu's first two seasons at the club were good even if he had shaky moments.

Guy scored two key goals vs Real and Celta Vigo during the treble season and was colossal coming on vs Sevilla in the Copa Del Rey final, after Masche got sent off. People just remember all his performances at LB and his final season here and forget all the good about him.

JamDav1982

What do you guys think about going after Theo with the Frenkie money (if he does leave)? I know he just signed a
A wc LB would improve us more than Bernardo imo. A RB even more but I can?t see any available.

He has been linked before and apparently Xavi loves him but Xavi wont demote Alba away from being starter and Hernandez wouldnt arrive at Barca to be a back up.

Co0ter

This is the most ambitious Milan has been in a while. I don't think they will be letting go of any key players unless they require the money to make a signing in a more essential position.

Slevinn

Alba isn?t Busquets. :D Although Alba is still ok-ish, I think only Busquets is guaranteed a starting spot. Just talking about the amigos here.
Really can?t see Xavi bench Theo for Alba, that would be bonkers.

Home of Barca Fans