23 - Jules Kounde

JamDav1982

Alba isn?t Busquets. :D Although Alba is still ok-ish, I think only Busquets is guaranteed a starting spot. Just talking about the amigos here.
Really can?t see Xavi bench Theo for Alba, that would be bonkers.

He wont sign a starting LB is the point. He has Alba there and that is not on agenda to change.

Nucky

What do you guys think about going after Theo with the Frenkie money (if he does leave)? I know he just signed a
new contract but given Milan?s lack of ambition he might want to join us.
A wc LB would improve us more than Bernardo imo. A RB even more but I can?t see any available.

But first let?s actually get Kounde.

Not possible.. He has a contract til 2026 wich is 4 years so only if Barca splashes crazy money Milan would sell.. With Alba still at the club I doubt they'll be looking for world class LB, only somebody for Alba's back up.. Most realistic is taking Reguilon on loan for LB and sticking with Dest as RB.. Its also possible Xavi will use Araujo as RB and Pique will pair with Kounde/Christiansen as CB..

Givenchy

FYR7p8CWAAYXmh3

Time to rectify some colossal historical mistakes.

The photo above is all CBs Barca signed the last 11 or so years, at the beginning in hope of replacing Puyol, and then in upgrading the defense in GENERAL.
Apart from Ronald, ALL OF THEM have FAILED MISERABLY, and the jury is out for Eric and Christensen

Getting Kounde is getting it RIGHT for almost the 1st time in close to 12 years

meh I actually liked Mathieu as backup. Umtiti was great until that WC, unfortunate situation not really our fault, many people forget how good he was prior. a prime Umtiti-Araujo partnership would of been great.

JamDav1982

Matheiu was good in first couple and played his part in the treble.

That list doesnt tell whole story of Barcas 'quest to replace Puyol'.

Masch was class, Abidal was very good at CB then got cancer, Araujo is brilliant signing, Umtiit injuries cost him/club, others like Mina and Todibo were punts not even remotely signed to replace Puyol and made good money on both as well as money on Marlon.

Barcas CB issues started for most part when Umtiti slowed down.. prior to that Pique/Abidal/Masch etc had been very good for most part.

Porque

What hurt the Mathieu situation was that he had a year left on his Valencia contract, yet he renewed and we still signed him the summer after when he could have arrived on a free.

JamDav1982

After his injuries in second seasons wasnt quite the same.

His age and fact he was a smoker didnt help but for what he did in that treble season alone his signing was a good one and he deserves credit.

Zidane82

🚨🚨| Jules Kound has rejected Chelsea's offer & is very close to joining FC Barcelona. @fansjavimiguel

Last edited:

Sailor Mars

Mathieu delivered 1 good season relative for his expectations and that was the 1st one.

Started being used as a LB more and more and it was downhill from there.

17 million for 1 good season as a #3 CB isn't a good signing in my book.

Zidane82

❗️ Jules Kounde is closer to Barcelona than ever. The defender is in permanent contact with Xavi, and has decided to wait for Barca and reject Chelsea. The deal could be completed in the next few hours. [as] #fcblive 🇫🇷

Home of Barca Fans