24 - Eric García

Porque

Being a forum we comment too often and too quick. And our words are left there to eat.

Excellent game today. He is always great on the ball when the team provides intensity and movement. Anticipation usually great when again the team is working. The CB Professor.

FinBarcelonafan

Araujo helps Garcia and Pique so much.

Garcia and Pique can play more relaxed when there's always Araujo to cover their weaknesses.

It was a great game from all three.

I don't like Garcia and Pique together without Araujo. Same issues.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
knee jerk as usual, Guy still has the same issues as we've always known and will be a liability in certain games. Just because he did well in one game where he wasn't really tested, it doesn't prove anything.

serghei

Being a forum we comment too often and too quick. And our words are left there to eat.

Excellent game today. He is always great on the ball when the team provides intensity and movement. Anticipation usually great when again the team is working. The CB Professor.

Pretty much. When the team is bad, he collapses and is usually the worst in defense by a lot. When the team is good, he gets confident and zings those passes nicely. He's a great fair-weather defender, but in this game, you're expected to get some major heat against the big teams and he has to show he can do well and keep his cool under fire.

Joan

Fabulous passing game but I wouldn't trust him. His issues won't go away and those weren't targeted tonight due to circumstances.

JamDav1982

He covered well and read game well to step out and win ball and play quickly up park.

Was not an easy game. He like others made it look like that.

Porque

Pretty much. When the team is bad, he collapses and is usually the worst in defense by a lot. When the team is good, he gets confident and zings those passes nicely. He's a great fair-weather defender, but in this game, you're expected to get some major heat against the big teams and he has to show he can do well and keep his cool under fire.

He is definitely going to get caught out alot, but his potential is high and he looks dedicated and smart enough to try and reach it.

I think the best way to look at him is as the Busquets of defenders. If we execute the Barcelona game then he will excel. If the team starts to break down fail to short press then we will suffer and especially Garcia will be exposed.

serghei

He is definitely going to get caught out alot, but his potential is high and he looks dedicated and smart enough to try and reach it.

I think the best way to look at him is as the Busquets of defenders. If we execute the Barcelona game then he will excel. If the team starts to break down fail to short press then we will suffer and especially Garcia will be exposed.

We can't really execute it against the best. When you play elite teams on their game with intensity, say a Liverpool, a Bayern, you can't really dominate them and boss them around. You'll have moments where you need strong characters to keep it together and answer fire with fire in defense. Araujo does it. Garcia doesn't and this is gonna be costly.

I doubt we can recreate Barca 2011 that bosses everyone around and has them parking the bus.

But he can be a good player for the league and in easier games.

JamDav1982

We can't really execute it against the best. When you play elite teams on their game with intensity, say a Liverpool, a Bayern, you can't really dominate them and boss them around. You'll have moments where you need strong characters to keep it together and answer fire with fire in defense. Araujo does it. Garcia doesn't.

Both have weaknesses.

Garcia getting caught under ball and going in to early at times and Araujos passing.

KingLeo10

We can't really execute it against the best. When you play elite teams on their game with intensity, say a Liverpool, a Bayern, you can't really dominate them and boss them around. You'll have moments where you need strong characters to keep it together and answer fire with fire in defense. Araujo does it. Garcia doesn't and this is gonna be costly.

I doubt we can recreate Barca 2011 that bosses everyone around and has them parking the bus.

Honestly, I don't think we're TOO FAR off competing with the likes of Bayern...need 2-3 strong signings and we can give them a game.

For me, MATS has to go. Need someone who can command the box against corners and actually is reliable in 1 on 1s. We also need a reliable partner for Araujo. Let's hope Christensen is that (Pique is playing at a good level lately but his pace and age are a concern). I would try Dest as the LB and I would try to sign that Ajax RB.

Busquets has been good lately but I wouldn't trust him v Bayern or a Pool. They can engineer a much more taxing press than ancient Modric and Kroos and Casemiro. IMO, the ideal midfield is Pedri, Gavi, FDJ and Xavi needs to figure out how to implement this.

And in the attack with Fati in the mix, I don't think we need Haaland necessarily as long as the core (defense/midfield) is strong.

Importantly, we're going into history laden stadiums like the Bernabeu and our youngsters are owning the stage. That is the ultimate preparation for an Anfield or Allianz.

jamrock

Give him mingueza's physical talents & we got something special beyond that unless he beefs up significantly, he's a 3rd choice at best.

Game was TOO EASY at the back with no cf to expose his weaknesses to write much about his performance.

Boy can pass though, i agee with seghei's take when we are having it our way he looks good outside of that he isn't ready.

JamDav1982

Mingueza is not some physical beast either and much smaller than any world class CB out there.

He flies in early but he is not physical enough to be a top CB let alone having the abilty at any aspect of it.

JamDav1982

He is fast & strong two things garcia lacks totally.

He isnt all that fast or strong.

Probably about same weight as Garcia and few centimetres taller.

You have tried this Mingueza is physical specimen any coach would want argument before and he isnt.

Garcia can play CB at decent level. Migueza has no chance as lacks physcially and doesnt have brains to make up for it.

Home of Barca Fans