25 - Wojciech Szczęsny

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Will be nice to have a taller GK with a bigger presence in the box.

This club is obsessed with small GKs for some reason.

Lets see if he can perform though.

serghei

Anyway, an interesting stat is expected goals against / xG faced / 90 mins played.

How much you overperform compared to the shots you face per 90 mins played. Stegen had +0.03 last season. He was 14th placed in the league.

Lunin for example had +0.20. He was 4th in the league, just behind Alvaro Valles on 3rd position with +0.21. Leader by far was Mamardashvili with +0.28.

Last edited:

MontenegrinCuler

1st and 4th
Lol
This counts in the "rarely" section. Also 4th goal is on the defender as much as on him. Braindead move from him passing the ball to gk before even checking where he is. That shit usually leads to stupid blunders and own goals. Although Szczesny could have moved a little better too indeed. Had some class saves in that match as well if you watched all of his highlights not just the 2 mistakes.

El Gato

Villarato!
This counts in the "rarely" section. Also 4th goal is on the defender as much as on him. Braindead move from him passing the ball to gk before even checking where he is. That shit usually leads to stupid blunders and own goals. Although Szczesny could have moved a little better too indeed. Had some class saves in that match as well if you watched all of his highlights not just the 2 mistakes.
All Im saying is he's absolutely got a howler in him
On top of just generally being not all that

Better than Pena

Will be a joy to watch Im sure, what could go wrong

Windhook

Brother he last played for us long before you were born.
Early childhood for me, I remember more Busquets, the goalkeeper and how terrible he was. Zubi? Not so much.

Yesterday I had this thought about Barca GKs - stumbled upon a Porto era Mourinho video, anyone remember Vitor Baia used to play for Barca? Where does he rank?

Home of Barca Fans