3 - Alejandro Balde

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Exactly, give us somebody like Mathieu was for backup - oh he would be best pals with Woj :lol:
Jokes aside, we could need a more defensive LB who could also play CB with how Flick wants us to play - than we can phase out Christiansen. I like Christiansen, he's a good player and seems like an alright dude - but I don't think he will do as good under Flick and he's also injury prone.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Exactly, give us somebody like Mathieu was for backup - oh he would be best pals with Woj :lol:
Jokes aside, we could need a more defensive LB who could also play CB with how Flick wants us to play - than we can phase out Christiansen. I like Christiansen, he's a good player and seems like an alright dude - but I don't think he will do as good under Flick and he's also injury prone.

The last thing we need is a defensive LB when we got Kounde as our right-back.

Balde has a lot of flaws and we should look to strengthen that position soon, but he's not the issue people make him out to be. He's not great, but he's also not likely to cost you games.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
The last thing we need is a defensive LB when we got Kounde as our right-back.

Balde has a lot of flaws and we should look to strengthen that position soon, but he's not the issue people make him out to be. He's not great, but he's also not likely to cost you games.
I had some doubts in the beginning of the season, but it wasn't doubts like I doubt Martin, DOM, Ansu or Tuna. But now he's growing into the role and I think he'll get even better.

But you would like who? A player like Cancelo? I'm actually slowly coming around to buy back Faye, he's doing good in Rennes. He could cover both CB and LB - I think Balde will improve offensively and we'd be good.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I had some doubts in the beginning of the season, but it wasn't doubts like I doubt Martin, DOM, Ansu or Tuna. But now he's growing into the role and I think he'll get even better.

But you would like who? A player like Cancelo? I'm actually slowly coming around to buy back Faye, he's doing good in Rennes. He could cover both CB and LB - I think Balde will improve offensively and we'd be good.

If Alonso leaves bring Grimaldo home.
Probably not realistic. I don't know tbh. Would have to see the available free agents at the position or players with one year left on their contracts.

Temptation

He's terrible.

He can't pass or cross and his Football IQ is non-existent.

The only reason he's playing is his pace.

He just runs into traffic and loses the ball while trying to cut in to his right foot.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He's terrible.

He can't pass or cross and his Football IQ is non-existent.

The only reason he's playing is his pace.

He just runs into traffic and loses the ball while trying to cut in to his right foot.

Here's for example highlights from the game against Getafe before the NT break. Yeah, he's really terrible... :rolleyes:

Temptation

Here's for example highlights from the game against Getafe before the NT break. Yeah, he's really terrible... :rolleyes:
I have watched most Barca games this season.

Barring his pace, I don't see any special qualities.

When he's attacking he just runs into the crowd and cuts in on his right foot before losing the ball.

His crossing and passing is poor.

Imagine being a hyper-attacking LB and hardly putting in a single good cross in 15 games this season.

Temptation

Okay I'll be objective here.

He has great pace, acceleration and all the ingredients to be a very good ball carrier.

His recovery pace helps him defensively.

But when he gets high up the left flank, his decision making and end product is very poor.

Fair?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I have watched most Barca games this season.

Barring his pace, I don't see any special qualities.

When he's attacking he just runs into the crowd and cuts in on his right foot before losing the ball.

His crossing and passing is poor.

Imagine being a hyper-attacking LB and hardly putting in a single good cross in 15 games this season.
I have actually watched all the games because we play so entertaining it brings a smile on my face :) I don't agree... his dribbling and passing is very good, he can get past players like Tuna and Fati could only dream about - his defending is also not that shabby. And the cross thing you and many times Barcaman mention, so he fucked up a couple of them - he'll iron it out, he has ironed many things out from the beginning of the season until now.

Temptation

Terrific prospect. Fantastic potential and very exciting to watch.

Poor man's Davies(that's a complement btw).....my favourite Young LB itw probably(unless you consider Zalewski an LB in which case Balde would be 2nd).

Love him but he's still very raw. Questionable decision making. But the guy has so much potential

Man glides past players like they don't exist. Looks very promising but no clue about how he's defensively.

@Zenl I rated him so highly in the past. I still think he has massive potential.

I have been slightly disappointed with his progress so far.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is one dimensional because his right foot is terrible. It's glaringly obvious whenever you watch him. Always loses precious time to turn to his left foot to make a pass. No problem to stop him.

Alba wasnt a dribbler either and didn't cut in but was still few levels above.

Home of Barca Fans