4 - Ronald Araújo

serghei

His ball playing is a major weakness when we are up against a defensive team. Then his 1 vs 1 ability in defense is neutralized, since he'll have to do very little defending, and a lot of ball work in possession.

Galata didn't really have except one chance all game.

Messi983

With Chelsea seemingly out of the picture our position to renew him just improved a lot imo. Unless he wants to go to that PSG mess.

Joan

With Chelsea seemingly out of the picture our position to renew him just improved a lot imo. Unless he wants to go to that PSG mess.

Barca can legitimately call PSG a mess. That's why you gotta love football, so dynamic.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Ah yes Araujo can't pass that's why he had to get subbed , meanwhile our passing virtuoso Garcia who is earning alot more than Araujo almost cost Barca a goal.

Porque

Not good with the ball yesterday but the whole team was lethargic and lacked outlets- which Busquets provides better than FdJ did yesterday.

Both Araujo and the team have to work on not only providing outlets but also options when he has the space for a progressive dribble.

I'm sure this is something Xavi will work hard on. That when Araujo advances from defence with the ball that he knows where to pass to and that the team moves to provide those options for him.

Overall nothing to overthink really.

Sorin

chump change

No really, I keep seeing, when salaries are mentioned, how Garcia is earning so much more than Araujo, nevermind that their circumstances were different at the time when we signed them, which apperantly doesn't factor when talking about their current salaries.

Anyway, how much money is Garcia on?

Messi983

Ah yes Araujo can't pass that's why he had to get subbed , meanwhile our passing virtuoso Garcia who is earning alot more than Araujo almost cost Barca a goal.

He wasn't subbed because he can't pass. If that would be the case he wouldn't be a starter under Xavi.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He wasn't subbed because he can't pass. If that would be the case he wouldn't be a starter under Xavi.

He was very clearly subbed because he was poor in possession. Both in terms of how he dealt with pressure and how Gala laid off him until he got into their half. It was a smart strategy by Dominic and in the return leg it should be Eric paired with Pique from the start in central defense

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Eric should under no circumstances start for Barcelona when Araujo is available.

When Chelsea and Real Madrid can win CL titles by having Rudiger and Varane in defence, both whom aren't great on the ball then Barcelona SHOULD win games with Araujo there.

Araujo is a very good defender. Eric Garcia is not. Maybe I'm too harsh on Eric, but I don't see any outstanding qualities that makes him stand out like Pique did when he was young and joined us.

I predict he'll end up leaving within the next couple of years. He cannot cope with modern day forwards at an elite level. Doesn't have the pace nor size/physicality to compete. Need at least one.

Last edited:

Messigician

It's done he's gone

Both the renewals of Gavi and Ronald Araujo are at a 'dead point'. The players' agents ask for salaries that Bar?a will not pay. The club say: "They will stay if they want to stay, but only under Bar?a's conditions."

? @sport

Raketa10

Franck Kessie will earn 4m + 2.5m EUR in variables at Barca. Araujo's offer is around that as well. The defender has offers for 8m EUR from the Premier League.

@gerardromero

IMHO 6,5 mil with variables is more than a fair offer to Araujo.

Home of Barca Fans