4 - Ronald Araújo

delancey

is he dropped now because of the contract situation or is it injury/performance related?

It is strange that he hasn?t featured since he was substituted at half-time a few games back. Within this time frame, reports have also speculated that contract negotiations have broken down. Correlation with/without causation?

The thing is that it has also been the way of the club to bench players who refuse to accept its contract terms (for a period of time at least).
In addition, he featured in a majority of our important games during Xavi?s first months at the club, right?

Maybe there?s an injury related concern that the club isn?t sharing with us?

JamDav1982

Both Elche and Galatasary left Araujo on the ball and man marked players as not scared of him doing much on it.

That will be main reason he has not started last couple.

Barca defenders need to be better on ball than being left free on it as a tactic. Particularly against poorer teams that will sit off Barca.

The trade off Garcia offering less defensively. Will have to see if Xavi called it right or wrong but dont think his reasoning is all that vague and what the though process is.

Pique is better on the ball in right CB which he can play with Garcia but not really with Araujo.

Add to that Dest being well below Alves on the ball and build up can see why Xavi isnt going with Araujo/Dest right side of defence against a team that set up way Galatasary did in first leg.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

It is strange that he hasn?t featured since he was substituted at half-time a few games back. Within this time frame, reports have also speculated that contract negotiations have broken down. Correlation with/without causation?

The thing is that it has also been the way of the club to bench players who refuse to accept its contract terms (for a period of time at least).
In addition, he featured in a majority of our important games during Xavi?s first months at the club, right?

Maybe there?s an injury related concern that the club isn?t sharing with us?

That would make sense as to why the club is low balling him with the first renewal offer. Even without it, he has been quite injury prone for some time before this season, so I guess the fear that he would become the next Umtiti is very real. Thankfully there are capable people at the helm now who won't make the mistake of giving him whatever he wants, when he could just as easily turn into Umtiti in 3 years. I still want him to stay, but not at any price. If those Arsenal (6M) and United (8M) offers are real and he starts using them as a bargaining chip, I'm done. He can't expect more than 4M from us, and I don't think he's gonna get more either. If those few million are really so important to him (he would get them at the next contract extension anyway, if he proved himself further), he's welcome to take the step down to United for that big money and play with the mighty Maguire.

behindbrowneyes

Guess it's a tactical decision as it is expected that Barca will have the ball way more. Araujo didn't look comfortable in this first half against Gala tbf and Barca didn't receive a goal in last two games with Eric playing full game.

Would be very surprised if Araujo would also sit out in the Clasico. He'll have to cover for Alves against Vini. Just hope Gala doesn't score in those 2 or 3 counters when counterpress doesn't work while Eric gets beaten one on one. Do Gala have any pacey forwards?

feggydinho

That would make sense as to why the club is low balling him with the first renewal offer. Even without it, he has been quite injury prone for some time before this season, so I guess the fear that he would become the next Umtiti is very real. Thankfully there are capable people at the helm now who won't make the mistake of giving him whatever he wants, when he could just as easily turn into Umtiti in 3 years. I still want him to stay, but not at any price. If those Arsenal (6M) and United (8M) offers are real and he starts using them as a bargaining chip, I'm done. He can't expect more than 4M from us, and I don't think he's gonna get more either. If those few million are really so important to him (he would get them at the next contract extension anyway, if he proved himself further), he's welcome to take the step down to United for that big money and play with the mighty Maguire.

Interesting valid points and a reason why I think all players have to look out for themselves n not let themselves be lowballed cause no one else will. He's23 already and would be 28 before his contract expires if its 5 years so it's all up to him now, if the offers are true then he should get them if he wants that (more money for him) and we also get a transfer fee to boost our lineups

Andresito

Staff member

Paragraphing bro

Sailor Mars

Was out of position today playing on the right. Good in 1v1 defending because of his physical attributes, but I feel his overall defense and positioning wasn't good at RB.

Lots of Gala's attacking moments came from the right side. Some of those 1-2s opened up the Barca defense easily. Though that can't be pinned just on Araujo as it is also a team and coaching thing as well.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Kinda shaky at RB, don't know if for lack of help from RW or bad positioning... Fortunately he managed to recover in almost every situation, but I much rather have him as CB...

Messigician

Greedy pig

Barcelona have offered Araujo a salary of around ?3M per year. Araujo and his entourage do not understand Bar?a's offer. They only want a fair proposal. Next week there will be a meeting between the club and Araujo.

? @sport

Horatio

You're welcome
Greedy pig

Barcelona have offered Araujo a salary of around ?3M per year. Araujo and his entourage do not understand Bar?a's offer. They only want a fair proposal. Next week there will be a meeting between the club and Araujo.

? @sport

Treacherous swine.

Catta

Greedy pig

? @sport

Why would he accept a lower salary than the likes of Garcia and Puig. :lol:

He is not asking for anything outrageous. He just wants a deal to show him that the club values him.

Home of Barca Fans