4 - Ronald Araújo

Gnidrologist

He's just too good to let him go. Let's say defending ability is 1to10 stars. His current ability would be about 7+/8. Some minuses because of positional awareness, but man-o-man almost flawless. Great areal dominance too. His closest rival ir Pique, who is weak 6 at best and should be retiring this summer. Others are basically non defenders. I bet Gavi would be better CB than Garcia, Mingueza or whoever. He sought out by top clubs, because they see he's the real deal judging by his peroformances. What do you do as Barca FM coach. Sell this guy for 30-40mil, to buy a bunch of hasbeens and langlets or give him at least the same dough you give to your bench fodder that haven't done even 1/10th of the help he has done throughout these last season and a half? I doubt he's Moriba dumb and don't think he envies hasbeens like Roberto, just wants to be acknowledged as a de facto starter CB (which he is and will be) for FC Barcelona. Better negotiate down Christensen, if needed, not him ffs.

Porque

He's just too good to let him go. Let's say defending ability is 1to10 stars. His current ability would be about 7+/8. Some minuses because of positional awareness, but man-o-man almost flawless. Great areal dominance too. His closest rival ir Pique, who is weak 6 at best and should be retiring this summer. Others are basically non defenders. I bet Gavi would be better CB than Garcia, Mingueza or whoever. He sought out by top clubs, because they see he's the real deal judging by his peroformances. What do you do as Barca FM coach. Sell this guy for 30-40mil, to buy a bunch of hasbeens and langlets or give him at least the same dough you give to your bench fodder that haven't done even 1/10th of the help he has done throughout these last season and a half? I doubt he's Moriba dumb and don't think he envies hasbeens like Roberto, just wants to be acknowledged as a de facto starter CB (which he is and will be) for FC Barcelona. Better negotiate down Christensen, if needed, not him ffs.

It's a weird one. Obviously as he is here we should do our utmost to secure him. There are few 1-on-1 defenders as good as him. I said before in a more direct team he would likely look even better.

On the other hand if he was an expiring defender in 2023 I am sure the club wouldn't be interested as he is just not good enough on the ball for us.

He is just asking for a contract in the region of what he is worth. Completely normal when he has 1500 first team minutes yet Lenglet, Eric Garcia and others reportedly earn more than him. A guy like Lenglet you can overlook as it is from the previous era and he will likely be on his way out. But if guys like Eric Garcia who were negotiated under the new administration earn more than his offer, then you can understand his frustration and understand if he looked for a move elsewhere.

Gnidrologist

The previous post completely agrees with what you say. He now has plenty of leverage to demand his fair pay. And not because "Barca pays great", but because he has well earned this with saving our naked baboon defense asses from good spanking copious times in his short career. Do you even remember that Puyol was an absolute disaster at his age?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Give the man a contract, you can sell Vinicius Jr to cover the cost, should still find him in Araujo's pocket.

Home of Barca Fans