4 - Ronald Araújo

Horatio

You're welcome
Why would he accept a lower salary than the likes of Garcia and Puig. :lol:

He is not asking for anything outrageous. He just wants a deal to show him that the club values him.

Oh crap I thought Messigician was referring to Barca with greedy pig.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think Araujo is Illaix 2.0 at all, who was demanding a salary that was out of his range given his age and how long he has featured for the first team. I think Araujo is looking for something reasonable. The club needs to realize the cost of losing him, finding a replacement is much higher.

Garcia is garbage. Christensen, other than being a good passer, doesn't really convince that much.

Porque

Why would he accept a lower salary than the likes of Garcia and Puig. :lol:

He is not asking for anything outrageous. He just wants a deal to show him that the club values him.

What is Garcia's (and Puigs) salary?

3-4m base + 1-2m bonuses seems fair for Araujo.

Catta

I don't think Araujo is Illaix 2.0 at all, who was demanding a salary that was out of his range given his age and how long he has featured for the first team. I think Araujo is looking for something reasonable. The club needs to realize the cost of losing him, finding a replacement is much higher.

Garcia is garbage. Christensen, other than being a good passer, doesn't really convince that much.

I have a feeling that the club is intentionally lowballing him, because they want to cash in this summer. They think Christensen can replace him, they will be surprised when they realize he is just the Danish Lenglet. And then in 2023 we will need to spend big on two new CBs, instead of one.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a communist idea but paying all players equal doesn't sound bad. Then, you add bonuses based on performances.

Would keep players motivated too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I have a feeling that the club is intentionally lowballing him, because they want to cash in this summer. They think Christensen can replace him, they will be surprised when they realize he is just the Danish Lenglet. And then in 2023 we will need to spend big on two new CBs, instead of one.

You could be right. :facepalm:

The shortsightedness at this club hasn't been cured.

Joan

Hate these salary reports, you never know if they're talking gross or net. Either way we're lowballing him and risk losing our only perspective CB and one of the best Barca players.

Messigician

Sounds like a communist idea but paying all players equal doesn't sound bad. Then, you add bonuses based on performances.

Would keep players motivated too.

What?

So prime Messi should get same as Valdes

Oh but there's performance related clauses to keep things equal right?

One clean sheet = being worth a hat trick of goals and assists

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Araujo can easily play their bluff and stay until 2023 and leave for free if they are lowballing him to sell him. Most players are doing it nowadays.

Xavi has shown with Dembele that he doesn't care about a player's contract status and will play him if he's the best option.

Messigician

Araujo can easily play their bluff and stay until 2023 and leave for free if they are lowballing him to sell him. Most players are doing it nowadays.

Xavi has shown with Dembele that he doesn't care about a player's contract status and will play him if he's the best option.

Dude Laporta spends his time hugging Dembele and signed Auba to get him to renew

Club is still desperate to renew him lmfao

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dude Laporta spends his time hugging Dembele and signed Auba to get him to renew

Club is still desperate to renew him lmfao

He was also hugging Messi every time he saw him and promising various things ;)

Dembele might still stay though if he agrees to the club's final offer they made a couple of months ago. But that seem unlikely at this point.

Home of Barca Fans