4 - Ronald Araújo

Neeraj

I agree. While we are happy with the progress, let's not forget we are still a club in a DIRE situation fiscally speaking. Now is the time to grow up as a club and set some standards on salaries, expectations, etc. During this period, if we have to suffer footballing setbacks as a result, so be it. I think Araujo is probably the most important player we need to keep/sign aside from maybe Pedri, but I'm still okay with him leaving if need to break bank on him.

serghei

At 5m net this guy should have been signed already. The only reason he should hesitate if he's being a speculative cunt using the club as stepping stone and following the money.

Cherry on top would be him and his agent coming up with some absurd offer from United and claiming Barca has to match that.

Neeraj

I think the club should be smarter. Try to anticipate which player will develop well, and don't give them massive playing time, especially under someone as good as Xavi, until you get them on longer contracts.

They are getting used by the likes of Araujo who 2 years ago was a nobody. He was still a Barca B player in 2020, let that sink in. It's hilarious to be cornered by these guys without them winning a single title as a main player.

From now on, if you're a good talent, you don't play at the first team until you have 3+ more on your contract. That should be a rule. You got to protect yourself against greedy players with good agents who know how the market works.

There's no way you can do that because 1) We didn't have the squad to do that, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel to put out an 11 that could compete and 2) Araujo became this player mainly because he got thrown in there out of the blue and we discovered a gem. There is no way we can 'guess' what players will make it and then ...sideline them. This will also piss off players and young players will be wary of joining.

serghei

There's no way you can do that because 1) We didn't have the squad to do that, we were scraping the bottom of the barrel to put out an 11 that could compete and 2) Araujo became this player mainly because he got thrown in there out of the blue and we discovered a gem. There is no way we can 'guess' what players will make it and then ...sideline them. This will also piss off players and young players will be wary of joining.

There is no discovery of a gem. He's no Messi. He's talented but the club's been working a lot for him and in his best interest as well as the club's. We should be careful about giving game time to talents on short contracts. If you want to play and for us to invest in you, sign for some more years to protect the club if you turn out great.

mc_lovin

At 5m net this guy should have been signed already. The only reason he should hesitate if he's being a speculative cunt using the club as stepping stone and following the money.

Cherry on top would be him and his agent coming up with some absurd offer from United and claiming Barca has to match that.

You are far too emotional. Calling him cunt and shit :lol:

He will get his 5m net/year offer and has to decide. Pedri and Ansu capped the potential salary, so he won't get more (and rightfully so). If he wants more money, which is absolutely his right, he's free to leave - while we make 30m+. Either way it has been good business.

Calm your tits.

serghei

You are far too emotional. Calling him cunt and shit :lol:

He will get his 5m net/year offer and has to decide. Pedri and Ansu capped the potential salary, so he won't get more (and rightfully so). If he wants more money, which is absolutely his right, he's free to leave - while we make 30m+. Either way it has been good business.

Calm your tits.

I don't like Moriba disrespectful types. It's his right to leave, and it's my right to have whatever opinion of him I associate with this strategy. Cunts should have rights too.

If he leaves with 5m net on the table he's a cunt, make no mistake.

serghei

In before he realizes he could pull a Dembele and leave for free in 2023. :lol: You just know it makes sense for the agent to collect a good fat bonus.

Marshall D Teach

Denial:

I'm still pretty relaxed. Think it's 80/20 in favour of staying.

Anger:

No 8 million! This guy has lost his head! You haven't played 50 full games for this team. You are the shit with the ball. You are shit in positioning def. Yes, you are good at aerial duels and 1 vs 1 situations. And just for that and 50 matches, I have to pay you 8 million?

Bargaining:

I guess we'll need patience to see how this pans out. Hoping for the best and they can meet halfway somehow

Depression:

Man United offered 10m it's over

Umtiti situation all over again but we don't have the spending power to compete post covid

Acceptance:

Breaking

He's gone

�� JUST IN:

Manchester club have made an outstanding offer to Ronald Araujo?s camp. Barcelona, on the other hand have REFUSED to raise their offer. @mundodeportivo #

feggydinho

There is no discovery of a gem. He's no Messi. He's talented but the club's been working a lot for him and in his best interest as well as the club's. We should be careful about giving game time to talents on short contracts. If you want to play and for us to invest in you, sign for some more years to protect the club if you turn out great.

You make it look one way but both parties helped themselves. He was available and offered more than Umtiti and Lenglet who are on way higher salaries. He has also been crucial this season with goals and defending. Same thing happened with Christensen that we signed, whose case is even worse as he left Chelsea for free. At least we can get something good for Araujo this summer

Sorin

Yet we cannot be fixated on some numbers which came out of nowhere. There's a market for certain players and if you want them, you have to pay. 10%, maybe even 20, bellow what others offer might work for us, but we can't expect players to accept lowballing.

And you can't expect the club to pay above what the likes of Pedri are on. There's absolutely no way he should get more. Hell, I'd argue that Araujo's salary should be lower than Pedri's because his kind of midfielder are rarer than the likes of Araujo.

If he gets offers of 6-7m net Barcelona should shake his hand and put him on sale the next day.

serghei

You make it look one way but both parties helped themselves. He was available and offered more than Umtiti and Lenglet who are on way higher salaries. He has also been crucial this season with goals and defending. Same thing happened with Christensen that we signed, whose case is even worse as he left Chelsea for free. At least we can get something good for Araujo this summer

Helped for what exactly? We hasn't done shit for Barca so far.

Home of Barca Fans