4 - Ronald Araújo

serghei

True 5mil net is a lot. Not sure if he can even demand more.

He can if he starts an auction. Other clubs would pay more, as they have better finances than Barca. If he wants to be a cunt and go to a better team currently for a bigger salary he can do it. He's not Catalan or even Spanish, he could ignore that we trusted him when no one else did and helped him make a name for himself and ditch us for a bigger cheque.

Last edited:

Rassvet

Find it hard to believe other clubs are actually offering 8-10m net.

Wages always being reported strangely and in different ways though in europe.

delancey

Find it hard to believe other clubs are actually offering 8-10m net.

Wages always being reported strangely and in different ways though in europe.

I agree with you.

Liverpools wage structure, for example, shows that only its top players earn around 10m per year, give or take a few million. That is the net salary expense for the club. Yet the tabloids are constantly spitting out rumors of Liverpool offering Araujo 10m, net. Net for the player. It makes no sense. 😂

Fact is, Liverpool is a well run club, both on and off the pitch. The club is responsible and fiscally prudent. Now, it could be that there is an element of truth to the rumors. That is, several EPL clubs are able to afford paying him more money than Barca. But the grossly inflated numbers being mentioned are just silly.

Man U, however? I wouldnt put it past them.

Last edited:

Sorin

I agree with you.

Liverpools wage structure, for example, shows that only its top players earn around 10m per year, give or take a few million. That is the net salary expense for the club. Yet the tabloids are constantly spitting out rumors of Liverpool offering Araujo 10m, net. Net for the player. It makes no sense. 😂

Fact is, Liverpool is a well run club, both on and off the pitch. The club is responsible and fiscally prudent. Now, it could be that there is an element of truth to the rumors. That is, several EPL clubs are able to afford paying him more money than Barca. But the grossly inflated numbers being mentioned are just silly.

Man U, however? I wouldnt put it past them.

In regards to what salaries Liverpool are offering their highest paid players, is exactly why we should not budge on what we are offering to Araujo. Guys like Van Dijk, Salah, Mane have played and proved themselves for over 5 years for that kind of salaries.

Araujo is on his second season being a starter, and he has some way to go to even reach half of what, for example, Van DijK has achieved. He should not earn more than 4-5m net if we want a fucking healthy wage structure for once.

Everyone who advocates that we should give what he wants have learnt nothing from our spiriling wages in Barto's era.

Anyway, I hope there is understanding from both sides and Araujo stays because he has the makings of a great CB, but right now he isn't one and he should be paid accordingly.

FinBarcelonafan

Sorin great mention of Barto era. Giving out huge salaries to players was one of his biggest flaws. We can't repeat the same mistake immediately..

Joan

Yet we cannot be fixated on some numbers which came out of nowhere. There's a market for certain players and if you want them, you have to pay. 10%, maybe even 20, bellow what others offer might work for us, but we can't expect players to accept lowballing.

feggydinho

In regards to what salaries Liverpool are offering their highest paid players, is exactly why we should not budge on what we are offering to Araujo. Guys like Van Dijk, Salah, Mane have played and proved themselves for over 5 years for that kind of salaries.

Araujo is on his second season being a starter, and he has some way to go to even reach half of what, for example, Van DijK has achieved. He should not earn more than 4-5m net if we want a fucking healthy wage structure for once.

Everyone who advocates that we should give what he wants have learnt nothing from our spiriling wages in Barto's era.

Anyway, I hope there is understanding from both sides and Araujo stays because he has the makings of a great CB, but right now he isn't one and he should be paid accordingly.

Sadio Mane is a reason why players should also push for their interest while negotiating, imagine a player like Mane still on 5.2m. Maybe he's not driven by money but I think he low balled himself while he was at his prime. Every party always fights for their interest before signing contracts, that's how the game is so I don't blame anyone.

serghei

I think the club should be smarter. Try to anticipate which player will develop well, and don't give them massive playing time, especially under someone as good as Xavi, until you get them on longer contracts.

They are getting used by the likes of Araujo who 2 years ago was a nobody. He was still a Barca B player in 2020, let that sink in. It's hilarious to be cornered by these guys without them winning a single title as a main player.

From now on, if you're a good talent, you don't play at the first team until you have 3+ more on your contract. That should be a rule. You got to protect yourself against greedy players with good agents who know how the market works.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans