4 - Ronald Araújo

Messigician

5m net is too much

Why do Liverpool have a nice wage structure but we need to overpay fkn academy players

Sick of the money grubbing pricks ruining the sport

jamrock

5m net is too much

Why do Liverpool have a nice wage structure but we need to overpay fkn academy players

Sick of the money grubbing pricks ruining the sport

Because of your man's bartomeu.

Who forgot to let players know playing for Barcelona is a honor & privilege.

serghei

Because of your man's bartomeu.

Who forgot to let players know playing for Barcelona is a honor & privilege.

Played a part for sure, when everyone is paid big money you want some of that pie too, even if the new direction is different. Imagine seeing Umtiti being paid the big bucks for doing jack shit.

Neeraj

Not at all

Just how modern football is

No, that's just how some modern football clubs operate, including us. The likes of Bayern and Liverpool would never be in this position - it's a take it or leave it from them. There's no way academy players hold those clubs to ranson. Bartomeu has destroyed the wage structure and it's only natural to expect that every player passing through sees what is around him and acts accordingly. If you play for a club where the top stars are earning a fairly acceptable salary and you know how the pecking order goes, you will act as per the circumstances. In a world where Bumtiti and Greizman are on astronomical salaries, you look at that and go like hey, why should I not earn more?

Let's not confuse inflation in salaries and transfer prices with shitty wage structures and running of the club.

Neeraj

There is no discovery of a gem. He's no Messi. He's talented but the club's been working a lot for him and in his best interest as well as the club's. We should be careful about giving game time to talents on short contracts. If you want to play and for us to invest in you, sign for some more years to protect the club if you turn out great.

He doesn't have to be a Messi to be a gem. Tall, strong CB that is quick, seems to be improving his defensive play and scores goals. The kind of profile us fans have been DYING for. I agree that we should not overpay and if he doesn't want the money on the table, he can leave. But not giving playtime isn't a real option. Then, we will just lose more players earlier on for lesser money.

feggydinho

No, that's just how some modern football clubs operate, including us. The likes of Bayern and Liverpool would never be in this position - it's a take it or leave it from them. There's no way academy players hold those clubs to ranson. Bartomeu has destroyed the wage structure and it's only natural to expect that every player passing through sees what is around him and acts accordingly. If you play for a club where the top stars are earning a fairly acceptable salary and you know how the pecking order goes, you will act as per the circumstances. In a world where Bumtiti and Greizman are on astronomical salaries, you look at that and go like hey, why should I not earn more?

Let's not confuse inflation in salaries and transfer prices with shitty wage structures and running of the club.

Bayern players earn massively. Kimmich takes around 20m, Koman around 17m, even 19 year old Musiala earns around 5m, so salaries nowadays are on the increase

serghei

He doesn't have to be a Messi to be a gem. Tall, strong CB that is quick, seems to be improving his defensive play and scores goals. The kind of profile us fans have been DYING for. I agree that we should not overpay and if he doesn't want the money on the table, he can leave. But not giving playtime isn't a real option. Then, we will just lose more players earlier on for lesser money.

Tall and strong, doesn't shy off in big games, quick so-so, technically bad but improving with Xavi's work, positionally so-so. Good talent, but let's be honest, he takes work to become a top-class CB, and we've been doing that work with him in the last year or so.

Andresito

Staff member
I don't necessarily believe he's going to improve on his technique on the ball, but rather how to act with his limited ball playing skills.

I think it's a weakness that can't be trained too much, and instead learn how to avoid/circumvent the situations that make the weakness appear on the pitch.

serghei

I don't necessarily believe he's going to improve on his technique on the ball, but rather how to act with his limited ball playing skills.

I think it's a weakness that can't be trained too much, and instead learn how to avoid/circumvent the situations that make the weakness appear on the pitch.

He started to do that already. He can improve some skills though, even if he's never gonna be a natural ball-playing CB. Long pass accuracy is trainable for example, it's like muscle memory of 3pts shot in basketball.

Andresito

Staff member
He started to do that already. He can improve some skills though, even if he's never gonna be a natural ball-playing CB. Long pass accuracy is trainable for example, it's like muscle memory of 3pts shot in basketball.

I'd like to say that I agree, but Pique's long balls have been quite shite these past few years.

malvolio

Last edited:

delancey

We are not paying a newbie defender who plied his trade in Barca B not that long ago 10m per season (5m net for the player). Delusion galore! He would be one of our top earners if we did that.

My guess is that he?s been offered around 3-4m in total (before taxes) so around 1.5-2.5 after taxes for the player.

Home of Barca Fans