4 - Ronald Araújo

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Don't forget that all this Dembele (Not that I want him to stay) contract renewal drama started right after the club signed Ferran for almost 60Mil. Can't tell players there is no money while signing free agents and someone for 55M.

JamDav1982

Gavi and Araujo wouldnt leave for free.

They would be sold this summer if not renewing but the club waited far too long and pleaded poverty to existing players while then spending money in Jan, signing new players and talking about Barca being back as an economic force in market.

They lost Dembele doing it and now will most likely pay Aruajo and Gavi a lot more than would have months ago also.

Raketa10

Gavi and Araujo wouldnt leave for free.

They would be sold this summer if not renewing but the club waited far too long and pleaded poverty to existing players while then spending money in Jan, signing new players and talking about Barca being back as an economic force in market.

They lost Dembele doing it and now will most likely pay Aruajo and Gavi a lot more than would have months ago also.

I agree. However, they can both refuse to leave this summer and walk out as a free agents in 2023. Dembele did exactly that last summer. Even if we sell those two this summer we'll get less than we should considering they will be in the last year of their contract. I don't know if there is some problem with Araujo (or his agent) but losing a home grown player like Gavi should not even be an option.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A lot of false reports in the press nowadays with a lot of guesswork. A lot of journalists and reporters lost their sources when Laporta won while others like Romero suddenly found all of his :lol:

https://twitter.com/moillorens/status/1507003708692914179

Barca and his agent will meet in the coming days, as it was reported a month ago.

We are offering him 5m net. Other teams have offered 8m net. I think our offer gets it done tbh. Maybe they'll add another million in bonuses or something.

Gnidrologist

Yes, why not add bonuses for titles and placing in tournaments that, if get maxed out equals or even bests these offers? Win CL and have additional 2 mil or smth. We would have that money by that time no problem. By now it's rebuilding team with lots of question marks and low budget. I hope these youngins are reasonable (their moneygrabbing agents probably wont) and understand that it's better to have few seasons "underpaid" (lol) than gamble for few millions and possibly turn up in fop teams or flop themselves. Have some fucking common sense.

M3ls

No 8 million! This guy has lost his head! You haven't played 50 full games for this team. You are the shit with the ball. You are shit in positioning def. Yes, you are good at aerial duels and 1 vs 1 situations. And just for that and 50 matches, I have to pay you 8 million?

M3ls

Pay me at least $2,000. In a month, you will have a list of 5 defenders in your hands who: will be young/ better Araujo / their transfer value will not exceed 10 million euros / their salary will not exceed 3 million euros.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pay me at least $2,000. In a month, you will have a list of 5 defenders in your hands who: will be young/ better Araujo / their transfer value will not exceed 10 million euros / their salary will not exceed 3 million euros.

Rather give my money to a Nigerian prince mate.

Kul_z

Wont believe anything until club goes with official statement. It would be stupid decision not to renew him, but we need to be reasonable, well both parties need to be. Dont go skyrocketing, he and his entourage needs to understand that club is trying to be competitive on all fronts next season, money would come and then we could make an better contract offer at the end of the next season

serghei

I don't know, smells like a Moriba case to me. 5m net is a great offer for him. He should take it. If he wants more based on what he has shown so far, this is his first season as clear starter mind you, then fuck off, that's greedy and speculative.

Home of Barca Fans