4 - Ronald Araújo

KingLeo10

Sensible posts declaring Araujo the best CB itw and ruining his career. :lol: :lol:

Respect to this great Football expert.
Says the lemon who was stanning for VVD as the greatest CB ever and Pool to win a quadruple in 21-22.

Ended up crippling him and having to throw a parade for tinpot community shields :lol:

Temptation

Keep in mind Liverpool are not in CL this season. VVD performs on a good level in EPL, but there's no pressure on the club as a whole to achieve on all fronts.

Same video I can easily find on Josko Gvardiol and other Man City defenders.
When the pressure was on VVD made 3 finals out of the 4 CL campaigns he participated in. This is while playing in the toughest league in the world against teams with unlimited finances.

What are you on about lol?

KingLeo10

And got bodybagged in 2 of them...remember the ass tackle attempt against RM which led to winning goal :lol:

VVD is a loser at the highest level. He loses the big games and the big match-ups on the world, Euro, and CL stage. Amazing peak in 18 - 19 but otherwise a good CB at best.

Temptation

Says the lemon who was stanning for VVD as the greatest CB ever and Pool to win a quadruple in 21-22.

Ended up crippling him and having to throw a parade for tinpot community shields :lol:
Never said that. Unfortunately, a late bloomer who was unlucky not to join us earlier.

He arguably peaked the highest. Anyways, his peak is in the top tier.

Paolo Maldini agrees. So do a few other Brazilian legends who normally hate English Football.

Like it or not, VVD 18/19 was absolutely invincible and had insane influence on his team. Only missed out on BDor by 6 votes against the Magazine's favourite guy despite being a CB. Also won man of the match in the CL final.

Seethe. He peaked higher than all your CBs who had all the advantages and grew up in La Masias and played all their careers in stacked superteams being carried to trophies by much better teammates(like your GOAT for example).

Temptation

Romero wasn't responsible for the 2 penalties committed and the 2nd goal was a defensive mistake by Molina.

Mbappe was invisible for the majority of the 90 minutes.
That's not what neutralizing is at all.

More like the entire France team played terribly and Argentina played them off the park.

Mbappe was a one man team that day.

KingLeo10

Never said that. Unfortunately, a late bloomer who was unlucky not to join us earlier.

He arguably peaked the highest. Anyways, his peak is in the top tier.

Paolo Maldini agrees. So do a few other Brazilian legends who normally hate English Football.

Like it or not, VVD 18/19 was absolutely invincible and had insane influence on his team. Only missed out on BDor by 6 votes against the Magazine's favourite guy despite being a CB. Also won man of the match in the CL final.

Seethe. He peaked higher than all your CBs who had all the advantages and grew up in La Masias and played all their careers in stacked superteams being carried to trophies by much better teammates(like your GOAT for example).
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Post those quotes of Paolo Maldini and the Brazilian legends saying he peaked the highest amongst CBs. There's quotes from Maldini to this effect too:

"When I see Messi play, in my opinion, he should win the Ballon d'Or every year. He is an unbelievable player."

Don't see you taking those things as gospel do I? :lol:

KingLeo10

Messi was better than Mbappe in that final, as shown by the MoTM and the Golden Ball. Much more involved in the team play, had a handful of great dribbles, and created a boat load of chances for Lautaro to Lautaro (among others).

soul24rage

That's not what neutralizing is at all.

More like the entire France team played terribly and Argentina played them off the park.

Mbappe was a one man team that day.

Argentina mostly played France off the park with Romero being a crucial member in the defensive line. He was the best defender in that match.

Only some idiotic individual defensive errors by Argentina and Scaloni late substitution brought Mbappe some goals.

Windhook

When the pressure was on VVD made 3 finals out of the 4 CL campaigns he participated in. This is while playing in the toughest league in the world against teams with unlimited finances.

What are you on about lol?
Don't give me that. When the pressure was really on VVD he lost. Real Madrid CL finals - lost. Argentina 1/4 final - lost.:quemiras:

Temptation

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Post those quotes of Paolo Maldini and the Brazilian legends saying he peaked the highest amongst CBs. There's quotes from Maldini to this effect too:

"When I see Messi play, in my opinion, he should win the Ballon d'Or every year. He is an unbelievable player."

Don't see you taking those things as gospel do I? :lol:
What Maldini said is a supporting argument. Not the main one.

The main argument is his performances in his peak. The proof's in the pudding. You can go back and watch those games.

Can go to Football Forums and see how highly non Liverpool fans rated his season......

Also, nothing wrong with the Messi opinion there. He's without any doubt a GOAT candidate up there with the likes of Peles and Maradonas. Maldini isn't completely wrong there. No surprise that he's impressed by Messi's unreal influence on games.

Temptation

Messi was better than Mbappe in that final, as shown by the MoTM and the Golden Ball. Much more involved in the team play, had a handful of great dribbles, and created a boat load of chances for Lautaro to Lautaro (among others).
Disagree.

Mbappe had no chances to get involved in any "team play" coz France was getting battered by Argentina.

France were so poor that the coach subbed out Giroud and Dembele early.

When everyone assumed Argentina were cruising Mbappe brought them back into the game outta nowhere .

Without Mbappe, France get spanked 3 nil.

Messi had many teammates who were having a brilliant game.

MOTM awards in Qatar were a joke. They'd always just award it to the big name that won. They gave CR7 a MOTM award for doing nothing in the first game lol.

Home of Barca Fans