4 - Ronald Araújo

jamrock

We'll probably only use Christensen if we don't sign a Midfielder, which I think we'll do by the start of the season.

I'm not trying to see a Cubarsi-Martinez partnership, until Araujo comes back.

Porque

If he is out until December the club may decide to not count him against FFP for first half of season.

Logical decision would be to then extend his contract by a season or two and insert a 70m BO if activated before end June.

MD and AS are reporting this today.

companyofcules

Let's face it. Prime Umtiti vs prime Araujo is no match. Prime Umtiti could do it all. Beast in the air, tackle and passing was on another level. He was sooooo good. It's too bad he got that injury and than elected to play the world cup. That destroyed him. In comparison Araujo can be out of position and his passing is levels below Umtiti.
Just sell him for 30 or 40 million next season. It is what it is.
Time for Faye to step up. He won't get a better opportunity.
Let's not joke around. Araujo is just playing hardcore like a South American. I think he can stop old Dzeko.

companyofcules

Just calm down lads, we made multiple investments that need to be used.

We have a clusterfuck of CBs all thanks to Xavi and Barto
Lenglet, Inigo, Christensen, Garcia. You already have 4 people. Then we have Faye, Cubarsi, and if absolutely desperate Kounde, then Araujo after recovery. If totally desperate we should remember Lewandowski has CB on his license, not striker.

That's 9 CBs for you in our team that we can use. How on earth we need others?

Hyping players for transfers and buying duplicates every season should end. We should eat what we cooked, then, maybe, we will learn not to everhype, overprice mediocre players and be stupid. Keep the money and use the investments already made, learn in 5 years to make better investments.

TheStig

If the plan is to use Christensen in midfield, I am not sure how we can let Inigo go tbh.
Araujo, Kounde, Cubarsi, Christensen, Faye, Fall and we probably won't be able to get rid of at least one of Inigo, Lenglet and Eric. We should sell/release the last 3 if there is any chance, we have more than enough CBs.

Blanco

Read his post in socials, he did not mentioned Barca at all. Clearly pissed at the club for some reason. I see him in Madrid in a year or two. He is very close with Fede who is our future captain, we need CB and Araujo is very good when he is concentrated and fit.

soul24rage

Read his post in socials, he did not mentioned Barca at all. Clearly pissed at the club for some reason. I see him in Madrid in a year or two. He is very close with Fede who is our future captain, we need CB and Araujo is very good when he is concentrated and fit.
Which posts are you referring to?

malvolio

An overrated player, that lives trough hype and lack of quality in football these days.

He'd be more at home in Atletico than here. Too rudimentary in many aspects of his game.

Blanco

He's mainly talking about his National Team and the Copa America experience.

Think it's reasonable not to mention anything about Barca.
Yes, but in the comments barca fans are pissed. I understand them as he will miss first four months of the campaign, he could have write one more sentence where he says that he is “devastated that he would not help Barca in these months, but he believes in them and will be back even stronger bla bla bla”

serghei

Signings like Coutinho and Dembele are far more infuriating than someone that the club signed for not much money and is failing to progress.

Just don't hand him out big money for long-term contract and any outcome is fine by me.

The club did not invest much in defense in many years.

serghei

An overrated player, that lives trough hype and lack of quality in football these days.

He'd be more at home in Atletico than here. Too rudimentary in many aspects of his game.

Going into this direction, but not there yet. Still can be serviceable for us, or the object of a decent sale.

Windhook

Yes, but in the comments barca fans are pissed. I understand them as he will miss first four months of the campaign, he could have write one more sentence where he says that he is “devastated that he would not help Barca in these months, but he believes in them and will be back even stronger bla bla bla”
Nonsense. The concept of social media celeb/player accounts is to monetize on number of followers. They are not involved in conversations with haters or trolls, but to get some of the whores out there.

You can check any player's Instagram page. it's full of troll content.

Home of Barca Fans