4 - Ronald Araújo

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Curious how Gundo’s exit plays into his continuity but he has been sorely missed. I hope Laporta can walk this one back rather than a sale

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Curious how Gundo’s exit plays into his continuity but he has been sorely missed. I hope Laporta can walk this one back rather than a sale
Yeah, I'm not sure... I think this season will be the last for him, we have 2 very good CB's in Sergi Dominguez and Andres Cuenca coming through who fit "our" style much better. Sure they still have to show what they can do against tougher opposition, but Araujo crumbled against PSG so that's that. Anyway, he's still out until January is it?

BJJ

If he wants to go, let him go. Same with De Jong. It's their loss. If we can make some good money and spend wisely we could become stronger.
We're not really missing Araujo or De Jong at the moment.

vuji_31

Sell to PL.

Hope so Chelsea needs CB.

He is good but we can replace CB easier then other positions.

Tah for free will not be anything worse.

And we get great FFP boost.

Or swap for Upamecano + money from Bayern.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
He might be the best CB in the world.
But for me, his episode after PSG, showed his mentality. A year of good performance doesn't immune you from criticism.
He is error prone, because of his lack of IQ. Made of glass.

Ya if he wants to go, place a red carpet for him.
We need mercenary mentality in this club, and the guys is the farthest from him.

Redbuck

Ronald Araújo will return to Barcelona on Friday. The centre-back spent a few weeks in Uruguay to work on his recovery. The aim is for him to be fit at the end of November. @ferrancorreas
He can be back on Friday for all I care, but one thing I know this would likely be his last season as a Barca player. At this point unless Dominguez or any other La Masia CB makes the step up to the first team, we're going to have Cubarsi, Garcia, Christensen (would likely renew his contract if Araujo would get sold) and Kounde would be moved back to CB. Not even counting Inigo in all of this cos no matter what he does this season, he won't be here next season.

wisconsincule

He might be the best CB in the world.
But for me, his episode after PSG, showed his mentality. A year of good performance doesn't immune you from criticism.
He is error prone, because of his lack of IQ. Made of glass.

Ya if he wants to go, place a red carpet for him.
We need mercenary mentality in this club, and the guys is the farthest from him.

That match and the accumulation of injuries has really soured him for me.

Hopefully he comes back from this injury and can return to good form but he is no longer untouchable.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
That match and the accumulation of injuries has really soured him for me.

Hopefully he comes back from this injury and can return to good form but he is no longer untouchable.
His antics after and not taking responsibility is what did it for me.
We all knew his footballig IQ is low, and is error prone. But with a mentality like that, I don't think he will ever fix that.
And he's a detriment in the locker room because of this mentality.

Can't remember that ONE big mistake changed the perception of a player in a fanbase (at least here). Yes it was a mistake, a big one, but it's still just one mistake. Hope he stays for many years, he could form a great duo with Cubarsi.
What are you talking about he was awful most of the year it's not just psg lol

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
His antics after and not taking responsibility is what did it for me.
We all knew his footballig IQ is low, and is error prone. But with a mentality like that, I don't think he will ever fix that.
And he's a detriment in the locker room because of this mentality.

I had equal disappointment for Gundo’s public finger pointing as I did Araujo’s decision making in that moment. But on balance, I ultimately find Gundo’s action more damaging to a team’s harmony than an error in a heavy loss (financially & sporting wise)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can't remember that ONE big mistake changed the perception of a player in a fanbase (at least here). Yes it was a mistake, a big one, but it's still just one mistake. Hope he stays for many years, he could form a great duo with Cubarsi.

It's that + him being such a pain to extend.

His contract after all runs out in 2026.

Home of Barca Fans