4 - Ronald Araújo

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mistake here and there is normal. Problem was pampering under Xavi and constant whine atmosphere where everyone was convinced that they were criticized unfairly.
Even weeks after the match many wouldn't accept he even made a mistake.

Araujo is great and he should stay. We have a different manager and victim mentality is gone

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Recent interview with player up on Barca One - very good interview, while the contract was not discussed I did not get the impression of a player with an exit in mind

He did not say he is staying or wants to stay either. Talked about how he learned a lot in last few years.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Did say he hopes to stay for more years. Maybe he should sign that contract offer soon then. Doubt we're going to raise our offer a lot when Araujo has a hard time staying fit.

Horatio

You're welcome
I welcome him back but disgusting he never took responsibility when you think about it. Imagine it were Real and its player.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He did not say he is staying or wants to stay either. Talked about how he learned a lot in last few years.
Yeah, that was a theme - learning. Wasn’t definitive by any means but just a feel of a player who didn’t sound like an exit was forthcoming

serghei

Let's see how he comes back first. Inigo Martinez has had a great start of the season, and he's much better on the ball than Araujo.

Gonna have to really play great if he wants to get back in the first 11.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's see how he comes back first. Inigo Martinez has had a great start of the season, and he's much better on the ball than Araujo.

Gonna have to really play great if he wants to get back in the first 11.

Inigo is 34. Araujo is not as good on the ball and will need to master the high offside trap but I have no doubt he'll do great.

serghei

I wanted to write about this but you beat me to it.

I wanted to show this to the idiots who repeat here that for a defender, playing with the ball is of secondary importance.

These people think that football now is the same as it was 20 years ago.

Even 20 years ago being shite on the ball was a big problem. Let's see if Flick's system, a more energetic and mobile one, is gonna hide this better than Xavi's setup could.

The old conservative trusting your teammate philosophy doesn't function properly if said teammate is individually deficient. More is needed on a collective level to carry these players.

Home of Barca Fans