5 - Carles Puyol

Meitux

i dont think he will reach maldini's years at milan (24 omg) but he may be close anyway for me as i told many times he one of the top center backs in the last years alongside cannavaro,nesta and maldini we wont see any defenders like them soon

Stric

He may not be the best center back, or the best fullback, but to me he is the best defender. Just so damn versatile and reliable.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
2012-09-05_ENTRENO_46.v1346842013.JPG

zanela

Barca fans in recent times 've been calling for a Puyol successor. Suggesting some fancy names here and there. Personally, i don't think we'll 've another Puyol, and if we ever do, it will come from La Masia. Such passion, desire, commitment to the game and esp to this institution, can't be replaced or bought. It's inherent and natural. A product of years of being steadfast towards a cause, the Barca cause. If there is one criticizm that can never be levied at him is the lack of effort. He can be off-form, but on the pitch he always gives his all. And his act of generosity in private is a model to follow. What a man!

Stric

For all I care, Puyi could be 44 and slow as a snail, I'd still want to have him, because even then his presence on the pitch would be invaluable.

Home of Barca Fans