5 - Carles Puyol

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Zubizarreta (sports director): "Puyol has dislocated his shoulder. He will now undergo tests at the hospital, more news later."

Elbow or shoulder? Surely it must be a typo, it was definitely elbow.

F

Flavia

Ok, to settle this: If anyone posts images of Puyol's injury, make it a link, don't post the image. And put a warning.

Not everyone wants to see those.

Paganinisrvnge

People need to stop being such pansies. It was ugly to look at but it's just a dislocation. Not like you can't just scroll past it. The important is that it's just a dislocation. The bad news is that we are in trouble for the Clasico. Even if he only could have played the first half of el clasico, it would have been a HUGE boost. Let's hope for some offensive brilliance. Madrid WILL score.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
horrible,just horrible...
any news on how bad it is?

Apart from that it was a dislocated elbow, not much, the time period of which he is out could be anything from a few weeks to a few months depending on the complications.

Tomchin

Dislocations of a major joint are among the most painful injuries a person can endure in sport...And it's early but I'm curious the extent of the injury because there are all sorts of possible complications in the short term...Longer term it depends on the extent of the injury (Fracture, nerve or vessel damage) nevermind the range of motion issues that could persist for years

The good is that it could heal in a short time, depending on how bad it is but could also be several months

Anyone know how he landed like that?...Was he pushed or did he trip or go over someone and land awkwardly?
He just jumped for a header and landed awkardly, no? Don't think he was pushed by someone.

Btw Fcbarca, what's the average recovery-time for such an injury? A month?

F

Flavia

@barcastuff
Puyol will tomorrow in Barcelona be examined by a doctor who treats a lot of motorcycle racers. Recovery time will then be known. [md]

Vilanova: "Puyol's injury is a shame. First his cheekbone, now his elbow, two unusual injuries in football. But others will play."

Messi: "Puyol's injury is a real shame, he was just coming back from an injury. Don't yet know for how long he will be out."

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I was so angry when I saw it... We desperately need the guy, so he recovers miraculously just to have an even worse injury... So, can we finally buy a CB in january?

numero

Abidal on Puyol's greatness
“Guardiola showed us the last videos, gave some last-minute advice, read out loud the players’ shortlist. No one looked surprised. No one but me, obviously. I sought Puyol out, I walked up to him and asked

- Why aren’t you playing? Did you know he was going to leave you out?

He looked me in the eyes and said
- I’m not important right now. You are what matters; don’t worry about me.

Do you have any idea what a fucking badass we have as captain? Do you? Champions League final, they tell him he’ll be warming the bench, and he’s the one comforting me! This is Barcelona." - Eric Abidal

Home of Barca Fans