5 - Carles Puyol

Man that slip against Di Maria will anger him big time he knows he should have done better, I think if he keep him fresh just for big games he can keep playing for several more years for us, but we cannot ask him to play every single game or mistakes like today will happen

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I love the man but he had a game to forget today. He's not the same as he used to be but he remains a vital player and a warrior on the pitch.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He got burnt by Di Maria. The skill from Di Maria to cut in and then step over out was beautiful. If Dani Alves hadn't played so well, it could've been even more embarassing.

Pepe Silvia

interesting how he went from our best player against milan away to among our worst against real f'ing madrid at home. sad game to watch today.

barcanuck

His foot speed has let him down this month, because he has to cover LEFT BACK due to Alba being in the penalty box of the opponents he's getting exposed. Was 2nd best defender next to Alves tonight regardless of his slip ups.

FiReFTW

But the most sad thing is, he is still our most reliable defender if u look at this whole season up to this point. So what does that say about our defence?

abual3bed1

But the most sad thing is, he is still our most reliable defender if u look at this whole season up to this point. So what does that say about our defence?

What defense?? We've been putting 4 players infront of our goal just complete the 11 line-up. That's their only job recently.

Stric

:lol: this thread.
Here are the "too old" bunch again. Messi sucked yesterday, he's getting too old as well. SELL!

I agree. A few bad games in a row, which were consequences of bad tactics, and all of a sudden we need to sell half our team and retire Xavi and Puyol. People are really oblivious of the fact that our tactics were what made us play bad in this season's big games, not the inability of our players. But one thing's for sure, Xavi and Puyol shouldn't play as much as they have been recently. There are plenty of opponents in La Liga and CDR which we could have dealt with without these two.

barcanuck

original.jpg

Charlie can jump as high as Varane, that's insane! Kid's gotta have one of the highest verticals in the game.

Home of Barca Fans